Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:20:29 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrolled the following:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is
broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn
down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the kind which is rubber
mixed with felt) with dimensions 1/2" (hole) by 1" (overall diameter) by
1/8" (thickness). Anyone know of a source? I can send money by PayPal if
anyone has one they're willing to sell.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I was looking at these:
http://www.toolbank.com/p/D4208/FOO18044

Do people reckon those would cut 1/8" thick felt with a hammer? Or could
I squeeze them in a vice?

Yeah, pop the punch upside down in the vice (only because it's Over
There) place the felt on top, place a piece of 3/4" ply on top, and
pop your hand down on it. Instant cookie cutter.

Are you talking about a rack and pinion press? I was thinking of a
regular bench vice which you use for holding workpieces.

Best wishes,

Chris