Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VERY OT - A View Of America

OK, lifted straight from one of our daily newspapers.......

"The superpowers image has been battered during the George Bush years.
The shambolic election in 2000 injected poison into the boastful
democracy. A proud military tradition was diminished by a disastrous
invasion of Iraq, squandering the great outpourings of global sympathy
after the September 11 attacks. America's legal heritage was debased
by prison horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, while Washington's
dismal response to hurricane Katrina only served to compound opinion
polls showing global respect for Americans at near record lows."

This is the face you present to the world, this is what you are judged
on. I am sad that it is so, you are capable of so much more than this.

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
OK, lifted straight from one of our daily newspapers.......

"The superpowers image has been battered during the George Bush years.
The shambolic election in 2000 injected poison into the boastful
democracy. A proud military tradition was diminished by a disastrous
invasion of Iraq, squandering the great outpourings of global sympathy
after the September 11 attacks. America's legal heritage was debased
by prison horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, while Washington's
dismal response to hurricane Katrina only served to compound opinion
polls showing global respect for Americans at near record lows."

This is the face you present to the world, this is what you are judged
on. I am sad that it is so, you are capable of so much more than this.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Just one thing to keep in mind here, Andrew: We know more about it, and care
less about it, than you may think. g

We know what's going on with our country. We also know that most of the
world really doesn't, but they rub their hands with glee every time
something goes wrong here. So we take all of that with a grain of salt. It
really means almost nothing here.

Except for one thing: It's important that we be able to work cooperatively
with other major countries, especially our old allies, and we have a lot of
repair work to do with international relations after Bush is gone. That's
one reason a lot of us favor Obama, who would come in riding a wave of
adoration from around the world. But even if McCain is elected, we'll be a
lot better off.

The "outpouring of global sympathy" was a flash in the pan. We knew it at
the time; it couldn't last in the face of the resentment that inevitably
accrues to a sole superpower. We got about a month's worth of "sympathy" out
of it, but sympathy is not what was needed. What was needed was a
cooperative, overwhelming, international agreement about how to combat that
kind of terrorism, and a commensurate effort. For the most part, what the
world (and we) got was lip service and tokenism.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

This is a case where actions have consequences. Except for a few countries
the US is pretty much hated around the world. This opinion didn't just
happen in a vacuum. We made a lot of moves all over the world and most of
the world took exception to our actions. Now we have to live with what we
did. We can ignore the rest of the world and thumb our noses and say they
don't matter but as we have learned we are part of the world community. When
we act like overly aggressive assholes we are not going to be popular.
Nobody likes us anymore. Can we change that? Sure, but we have to change. If
we get another republican president don't expect much to change except for
things to get worse. After all, continuing policies that have failed in the
past is likely to bring the same outcomes. The nation is at a crossroads
here. Either we take the fork in the road and go another direction or we
stay on the course we've been following for eight years. I can't imagine how
much worse it'll be with another term with an old republican in charge. I
hope I don't have to witness how bad it'll be.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Heck, for the 50 years of Democrat rule it was the same thing.
Have and have not. Some hate, some are jealous and some are including us
in a 2000 year old war.

We can blame the Democrats for the One world attitude and all of this hugy
stuff. It just doesn't work when we can't work and make money after giving
our jobs away overseas and then at home as well.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Hawke wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 27, 12:58 am, Don Foreman
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:36:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
OK, lifted straight from one of our daily newspapers.......

"The superpowers image has been battered during the George Bush years.
The shambolic election in 2000 injected poison into the boastful
democracy. A proud military tradition was diminished by a disastrous
invasion of Iraq, squandering the great outpourings of global sympathy
after the September 11 attacks. America's legal heritage was debased
by prison horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, while Washington's
dismal response to hurricane Katrina only served to compound opinion
polls showing global respect for Americans at near record lows."

This is the face you present to the world, this is what you are judged
on. I am sad that it is so, you are capable of so much more than this.

Andrew VK3BFA.

This sort of incomplete journalism should be ignored. They completely
omitted the "awash in guns" part.

Yep, they missed an obvious target on that one.

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:36:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[drivel snipped]

Andrew VK3BFA.

This sort of incomplete journalism should be ignored.

In general, "Andrew VK3BFA" should be ignored.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"The superpowers image has been battered during the George Bush years.
The shambolic election in 2000 injected poison into the boastful
democracy. A proud military tradition was diminished by a disastrous
invasion of Iraq, squandering the great outpourings of global sympathy
after the September 11 attacks. America's legal heritage was debased
by prison horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, while Washington's
dismal response to hurricane Katrina only served to compound opinion
polls showing global respect for Americans at near record lows."

This is the face you present to the world, this is what you are judged
on. I am sad that it is so, you are capable of so much more than this.

Andrew, some of us really don't care too much about how we are viewed. We have a history
of stepping up when times need our help. Not sure how much longer we can afford it
though. Iraq may be our last hurrah. We do what we think is right.

Family reunion last Saturday. Aunt Peg was there, Uncle Glen was there. He met her in
your country during WWII when he flew bombers. War bride. Our gain, your loss. I have
lots of cousins one generation removed from England.

We do what we think is right. Some disagree but it is our treasure and lives we spill.

We are not the superpower of yesterday. We can barely handle Iraq and Afghanistan.
Meanwhile people die in Darfur because we don't have the resources to protect them and it
looks like Europe hasn't stepped up to fill the void.

Give us a few more years and we will be stuck at home, not meddling in the worlds affairs
as the rest of the world deals with China and Putins's Russia. Not to mention the Muslim
issues.

Personally, I think the US should go isolationist on military policy. Stay at home and
train and let the rest of the world take up being the arsenal of democracy. We, the US
are chumps for picking up the cost of Western Defense.

Best regards,

Wes

USMC 1975-79

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No, not at all. Andrew's postings are at least, interesting.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , Don Foreman
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:36:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[drivel snipped]

Andrew VK3BFA.

This sort of incomplete journalism should be ignored.

In general, "Andrew VK3BFA" should be ignored.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[top posting corrected, and malformed sig removed]
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:36:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[drivel snipped]

Andrew VK3BFA.

This sort of incomplete journalism should be ignored.

In general, "Andrew VK3BFA" should be ignored.

No, not at all. Andrew's postings are at least, interesting.

Note that the categories "interesting" and "valuable", while overlapping, are
not congruent.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes sir, you are correct. The header states OT, so what importance would
should anyone anticipate?

Andrew's metal-related comments are generally always interesting to read,
useful to some, and sometimes contain considerable humor.

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

[top posting corrected, and malformed sig removed]
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Don Foreman
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:36:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
[drivel snipped]

Andrew VK3BFA.

This sort of incomplete journalism should be ignored.

In general, "Andrew VK3BFA" should be ignored.

No, not at all. Andrew's postings are at least, interesting.

Note that the categories "interesting" and "valuable", while overlapping,
are
not congruent.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
wrote on Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:10:04
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 04:36:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

OK, lifted straight from one of our daily newspapers.......

"The superpowers image has been battered during the George Bush years.
The shambolic election in 2000 injected poison into the boastful
democracy. A proud military tradition was diminished by a disastrous
invasion of Iraq, squandering the great outpourings of global sympathy
after the September 11 attacks. America's legal heritage was debased
by prison horrors in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay, while Washington's
dismal response to hurricane Katrina only served to compound opinion
polls showing global respect for Americans at near record lows."

This is the face you present to the world, this is what you are judged
on. I am sad that it is so, you are capable of so much more than this.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Sorry Andrew..that is the description that some hack put down on
paper.
Its loaded with lies, half truths and propaganda.

Mores the pity that the editors simply didnt take this hack out back
and beat him to within an inch of his life for such dreck

Why would they do that? (The editors?) They believe what was
written to be the truth. Or if not completely the truth, then at
least accurate statement full of truthyness.
Sort of like the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Accurate, and
"truthy" too.

What he said was that this is the image of America that's become common
around the world. And he's quite right. He didn't say the image is correct.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 2, 8:18 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
[...]

Its stirred debate, thats all it was meant to do. Alas, it is the view
of a lot of the world - and it negates the very real good things you
Yanks have done, are doing, and will hopefully continue to do. I am
sympathetic to you Yanks - on a personal level, you are mostly kind,
good hearted and generous, as evidenced by the fantastic responses I
have received here to my newby metalworking questions. The Yanks I
personally know are nice people - but you soon learn what topics to
stay clear of, and that they tend to be very black and white in their
views - no shades of grey, and thats probably because we are more
attuned to the English/European mindset that you people. And yes, I
crack it sometimes and mouth off at what I perceive to be ridiculous
political statements here - maybe thats mutual as the written word is
frequently inadequate to convey meaning - theres a cultural subtext
that goes both ways. And it may be that subtext that has the world
throwing up its hands in horror at what you guys get up to sometimes
hi hi...

And I only got a high school education, and wish I could write better.

And lets face it folks, - sometimes, you just feel like throwing the
pork chop into the Synagogue , just to see what happens......we know
we shouldn't do it, but sometimes, the sheer temptation is
irresistible....like Wet Paint signs...and tell me that some people
here don't deliberately start a controversy for the sheer hell of
it...

Regards,

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:18 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Nice post, Andrew.
Only one small pork chop to toss back in a cultural sense...

Those of us South of the Mason-Dixon line often don't take kindly to the
term "Yanks" as it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth from our little
"War of Nawthern Agression".

FWIW...

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

What's correct? People often see the same things completely differently. As
I see it the problem is that lots of Americans have this attitude that we're
always right and no matter what we do it is justified. What makes it worse
is that it is always us who is in someone else's country, shall we say,
"doing things" and it's never a case of anyone doing things in our country.
Because of that the rest of the world sees us as butt-in-skis. We always
think we are doing the right thing. So you get two sides. Our side sees us
as the good guys in white hats and the rest of the world sees us as over
aggressive assholes. One of the sides is more right than the other. One side
has a lot more people on it than the other. So who is right? Us or them? It
used to be we were in the right almost all the time. Now I think they are
the ones who are right more often than we are. I just look at it like I was
in their shoes and I can say if I was them I would hate us. So I can't blame
them for thinking that.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:44:34 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Nice post, Andrew.
Only one small pork chop to toss back in a cultural sense...

Those of us South of the Mason-Dixon line often don't take kindly to the
term "Yanks" as it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth from our little
"War of Nawthern Agression".

FWIW...

Andrew, use the Sydney term " Seppo " in future. VBG

Seriously, if there is a disaster in any part of the world, what
countries are the first to offer help ? USA, Canada, Oz, Britain &
NZ.
Do any of the Mid Eastern countries offer help ? They are the
first to demand it.

I really think that our governments should stop helping countries
that permit overpopulation and destruction of their environment by
uncontrolled animal grazing. Northern Africa was once a grain
basket, as was the Middle East, now it is mostly desert and their
governments spend a very large portion of their revenue on armaments
instead of projects to benefit their citizens.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 3, 3:22 am, Alan wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:44:34 -0500, cavelamb himself

Andrew, use the Sydney term " Seppo " in future. VBG

Erk. Alan, YOU explain the derivation of that one to them - I attract
enough flak as it is!

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 17:45:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Aug 3, 3:22 am, Alan wrote:
On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:44:34 -0500, cavelamb himself

Andrew, use the Sydney term " Seppo " in future. VBG

Erk. Alan, YOU explain the derivation of that one to them - I attract
enough flak as it is!

Andrew VK3BFA.

Would that be like the use by Brits of the word Septics when
discussing Americans?

But then...in Cockney Rhyming Slang...Brits = Turds

And Aussies = ****

VBG

"[L]iberals are afraid to state what they truly believe in, for to do so would result in even less votes than they currently receive. Their
methodology is to lie about their real agenda in the hopes of regaining power, at which point they will do whatever they damn well please. The problem is they have concealed and obfuscated for so long that, as a group, they themselves are no longer sure of their goals. They are a collection of wild-eyed splinter groups, all holding a grab-bag of dreams and wishes. Some want a Socialist, secular-humanist state, others the repeal of the Second Amendment. Some want same sex/different species marriage, others want voting rights for trees, fish, coal and bugs. Some want cradle to grave care and
complete subservience to the government nanny state, others want a culture that walks in lockstep and speaks only with intonations of political correctness. I view the American liberals in much the same way I view the competing factions of Islamic
fundamentalists. The latter hate each other to the core, and only join
forces to attack the US or Israel. The former hate themselves to the core, and only join forces to attack George Bush and conservatives." --Ron Marr
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Would that be like the use by Brits of the word Septics when
discussing Americans?

Actually, Gunner, that is a uniquely Australian expression. Our brit
forefathers may well have provided the language framework, but the
expression is ours.

But then...in Cockney Rhyming Slang...Brits = Turds

And Aussies = ****

Fascinating.
Now... what is it *you* would normally say here?

Oh yes!

Cites?

--
Jeff R.
(happy to be compared to one - certainly by a Seppo)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:34:08 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Would that be like the use by Brits of the word Septics when
discussing Americans?

Actually, Gunner, that is a uniquely Australian expression. Our brit
forefathers may well have provided the language framework, but the
expression is ours.

But then...in Cockney Rhyming Slang...Brits = Turds

And Aussies = ****

Fascinating.
Now... what is it *you* would normally say here?

Oh yes!

Cites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockney_rhyming_slang

Brit rhymes with ****, which is the same as Turd

Aussie rhymes with Bossy...which was my ex...who was a ****.

Simple, no?

Gunner

[...]
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Cites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockney_rhyming_slang

from the "cite":

"In Garth Ennis' The Boys, Billy Butcher refers to Americans as Septics,
then explains "Septic Tank: Yank". In Aussie (Australian) slang,
this is further shortened to "seppo(s)".

....which was my point entirely. Australian, not Brit.

Thank you for the confirmation of what I said - though I would have thought
you'd cite a reference that backed up *your* contention, not mine.

Brit rhymes with ****, which is the same as Turd

Aussie rhymes with Bossy...

No it doesn't.
The "ss" in Aussie is pronounced "zz" - unless of course, you habitually
talk out of your arse...

....oh yes! I forgot.
Sorry.

....which was my ex...who was a ****.

You choose well.

Simple, no?

Yes. vbg

Gunner

--
Jeff R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Dont worry about it Jeff - Gunner thrashes around a lot but when he
cant find an internet reference to cut and paste he just gets louder
and more obscure - hes a total idiot, but hes OK, not a bad bloke.
(And as a fellow Aussie, you would know what I meant by that - too
subtle for Gunner.)

And Gunner - Rhyming Slang is meant to Rhyme - transpositions, flights
of fancy, wishful thinking etc are NOT allowed.

You wanna give it another shot, or retire gracefully?

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Cites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockney_rhyming_slang

from the "cite":

"In Garth Ennis' The Boys, Billy Butcher refers to Americans as Septics,
then explains "Septic Tank: Yank". In Aussie (Australian) slang,
this is further shortened to "seppo(s)".

...which was my point entirely. Australian, not Brit.

Thank you for the confirmation of what I said - though I would have thought
you'd cite a reference that backed up *your* contention, not mine.

Brit rhymes with ****, which is the same as Turd

Aussie rhymes with Bossy...

No it doesn't.
The "ss" in Aussie is pronounced "zz" - unless of course, you habitually
talk out of your arse...

It does in most of the US....
I dont know of any Septics who use the term Arse....

...oh yes! I forgot.
Sorry.

....which was my ex...who was a ****.

You choose well.

I choose to bounce her ass.

Simple, no?

Yes. vbg

Gunner

[...]
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 05:26:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

wrote:

[...]

**** and Brit with a curve to Turd isnt right?

But Septic Tank and Yank is?

Odd..looks a bit like denial on your part to my tired old eyes

And Im not aware of any Septics that use Auzzie, they use Aussie.
Im also not aware of any Septics that use Arse...they use Ass

You two lads also seemed to have missed the VBG and the G

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 23:13:09 +1000, "Jeff R."

Dont worry about it Jeff - Gunner thrashes around a lot ...

Oh, I'm well familiar with Gummy's Walter-Mitty-like delusions. We first
clashed years ago on gun ownership or somesuch thing. I don't care what he
thinks or says about the Hew Hess hay, but I just wish he (and others)
wouldn't misrepresent Australia quite so egregiously - and ignorantly.

Having said that, I'll go back to lurking.

Jeff is one of the rare gun owning Liberals. A lawyer (so you can
imagine what twists and turns and flights of fancy his brain carries)
and while a seemingly intelligent man..that Liberal portion of his
brain causes him to drift off into an altered state.

Personally..I think the DNC tried to program him, and there was a
glitch in his comm port and he only got partially programmed.

Shrug

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Gunner, read your own posts - Septic Tank = Yank, should be blatantly
obvious (assuming your speaking English and not some weird dialect,
and you have some doozies there - one doesnt "understand" Yanks so
much as "hear" them.) The volume control gets turned up to max all to
often. In foreign climes, this is good - means you can stay well clear
of the pack, avoid being involved in "terrorist" attacks. (Which
usually consist of charging them twice local rates for anything)

Q "**** and Brit with a curve to Turd isnt right?" - No, it doesn't
rhyme. Curve/Turd does, but so what - thats accidental on your part.

Q" Odd..looks a bit like denial on your part to my tired old eyes." I
thought you got new reading glasses a while ago?

Mate, it really doesn't matter - I don't expect you to have any
comprehension of any culture beyond your own.

Re Jeff being a Liberal - ooh, Gunner - in Australia, being a member
of the Liberal Party means your a Conservative...in some circles, its
an insult to call someone a Liberal. Otherwise, "liberal" describes
a political philosophy.

Gunner Gunner Gunner - its OK, you don't need to rant on this one -
its not worth your effort, or my time, to educate you on local idiom.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

They work great at a distance..but I got the wrong perscription for
the bifocal closeup side..they focus starting at 29" and go to about
48" Not a lot of help in doing "work"

Mate, it really doesn't matter - I don't expect you to have any
comprehension of any culture beyond your own.

Re Jeff being a Liberal - ooh, Gunner - in Australia, being a member
of the Liberal Party means your a Conservative...in some circles, its
an insult to call someone a Liberal. Otherwise, "liberal" describes
a political philosophy.

Son...We are not discussing Ozite poltics. If we were...most here
would be yawning or confused. You "subjects" are not a majority
here...shrug..

Gunner Gunner Gunner - its OK, you don't need to rant on this one -
its not worth your effort, or my time, to educate you on local idiom.

Local to Oz one assumes? Sorry old sod..Im not in Oz..nor are most
of the posters here.

Now while Ive found it to be a very nice place, spend some quality
time there in the very early 70s on I&I..found the women to be
compliant, frantic in bed and easy on the eyes...there could even
conceivably be a number of "30 Something" Gunners loose in your
country....shrug..one assumes they number among the non drunken, non
spousal abusing mionority of your male population.

Shrug..probably did the gene pool some good actually.

Andrew VK3BFA.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Q" Odd..looks a bit like denial on your part to my tired old eyes." I
thought you got new reading glasses a while ago?

They work great at a distance..but I got the wrong perscription for
the bifocal closeup side..they focus starting at 29" and go to about
48" Not a lot of help in doing "work"

Yep, got the same here - useless when your trying to get in close to
something small. I have found the "$2 readers" work ok, but you spin
out if you have to get up and grab something on the other side of the
room. Would really like to get a stereo microscope for the newer
electronic tiny as stuff.....

Mate, it really doesn't matter - I don't expect you to have any
comprehension of any culture beyond your own.

Son...We are not discussing Ozite poltics. If we were...most here
would be yawning or confused. You "subjects" are not a majority
here...shrug..

Yep. Ignorance of the world outside your door is Bliss.....

Local to Oz one assumes? Sorry old sod..Im not in Oz..nor are most
of the posters here.

Yes, we know it too Gunner - thats why we try and avoid any non
American words so as to not confuse you, poor things..

Now while Ive found it to be a very nice place, spend some quality
time there in the very early 70s on I&I..found the women to be
compliant, frantic in bed and easy on the eyes..

The ones that charge by the hour are usually pretty competent - we
thank you for your personal cotribution to our economy.

..there could even
conceivably be a number of "30 Something" Gunners loose in your
country....shrug..one assumes they number among the non drunken, non
spousal abusing mionority of your male population.

Yes, - I have noticed the number of Wingers has increased
markedly....pity about that.

Shrug..probably did the gene pool some good actually.

Well, if you didn't breed in America, it probably has done the world
gene pool some good - ours is big enough to cope with minor
contamination...

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

prototypical "Ugly American"?

Or just another rude Californian?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 23:13:09 +1000, "Jeff R."

Having said that, I'll go back to lurking.

"To thine own self be true..."

Nup.
One last splutter, then I'll go out.
Promise.

Jeff is one of the rare gun owning Liberals.

Nope.
I'm a "small-'l'-liberal" not a Liberal. As Andrew pointed out, in this
country "Liberal" means conservative, or tory, or winger. (Call it what you
will.)

A lawyer (so you can
imagine what twists and turns and flights of fancy his brain carries)

Nope again. Bush lawyer maybe.
School teacher actually.

Personally..I think the DNC tried to program him, and there was a
glitch in his comm port and he only got partially programmed.

WTF is the DNC?
Aren't they those little sugar-covered chocolates?

No I didn't miss your smileys. I even added one.

Shrug

I'll go along with that.

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.

If I believed in hell, I'd go along with that, too.

Bifer now
--
Jeff R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Q" Odd..looks a bit like denial on your part to my tired old eyes." I
thought you got new reading glasses a while ago?

They work great at a distance..but I got the wrong perscription for
the bifocal closeup side..they focus starting at 29" and go to about
48" Not a lot of help in doing "work"

Yep, got the same here - useless when your trying to get in close to
something small. I have found the "$2 readers" work ok, but you spin
out if you have to get up and grab something on the other side of the
room. Would really like to get a stereo microscope for the newer
electronic tiny as stuff.....

I dont even care about "small"....soldering a couple wires isnt small.
Damned glasses allow me to see the dashboard perfectly. Anything
closer..Im ****ed. Not the fault of Zeni Optical though..they sent
exactly what was ordered.

Mate, it really doesn't matter - I don't expect you to have any
comprehension of any culture beyond your own.

Son...We are not discussing Ozite poltics. If we were...most here
would be yawning or confused. You "subjects" are not a majority
here...shrug..

Yep. Ignorance of the world outside your door is Bliss.....

Son..its about as likely as me sprouting wings as leaving the US
anytime soon.

Local to Oz one assumes? Sorry old sod..Im not in Oz..nor are most
of the posters here.

Yes, we know it too Gunner - thats why we try and avoid any non
American words so as to not confuse you, poor things..

Good on ya Mate!

Now while Ive found it to be a very nice place, spend some quality
time there in the very early 70s on I&I..found the women to be
compliant, frantic in bed and easy on the eyes..

The ones that charge by the hour are usually pretty competent - we
thank you for your personal cotribution to our economy.

Actually..it was freebies. Though I did buy them a bit of beer and
food. At my advanced age, I can truthfuly say Ive never paid for
pussy..least not directly. On the other hand....in a number of
cases..Id have been FAR better off and gotten the job done much
cheaper.

.there could even
conceivably be a number of "30 Something" Gunners loose in your
country....shrug..one assumes they number among the non drunken, non
spousal abusing mionority of your male population.

Yes, - I have noticed the number of Wingers has increased
markedly....pity about that.

Shrug..probably did the gene pool some good actually.

Well, if you didn't breed in America, it probably has done the world
gene pool some good - ours is big enough to cope with minor
contamination...

Andrew VK3BFA.

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:37:08 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 23:13:09 +1000, "Jeff R."

Having said that, I'll go back to lurking.

"To thine own self be true..."

Nup.
One last splutter, then I'll go out.
Promise.

Jeff is one of the rare gun owning Liberals.

I was thinking you were Jeff McCann

Since you are not..all bets are off

He is a regular crossposter.
Sorry about the confusion

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Mon, 04 Aug 2008 02:34:43 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Now while Ive found it to be a very nice place, spend some quality
time there in the very early 70s on I&I..found the women to be
compliant, frantic in bed and easy on the eyes..

The ones that charge by the hour are usually pretty competent - we
thank you for your personal cotribution to our economy.

Actually..it was freebies. Though I did buy them a bit of beer and
food. At my advanced age, I can truthfuly say Ive never paid for
pussy..least not directly. On the other hand....in a number of
cases..Id have been FAR better off and gotten the job done much
cheaper.

LOL. We all pay ... some how, some way. I was once feeling
disgruntled, and considered "pricing the job done locally" rather than
the hassle of driving the three hours to where she lived. Decided
against it, she wasn't that bad a cook.

pyotr

"Am I not a man? And is not a man stupid? Of course I'm married -
house! wife! children - the full catastrophe!"
Zorba, the Greek, answering the question if he was married.