Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default VERY OT - A View Of America

On Aug 3, 8:12 pm, "Jeff R." wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:34:08 +1000, "Jeff R."
wrote:

Cites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockney_rhyming_slang

from the "cite":

"In Garth Ennis' The Boys, Billy Butcher refers to Americans as Septics,
then explains "Septic Tank: Yank". In Aussie (Australian) slang,
this is further shortened to "seppo(s)".

...which was my point entirely. Australian, not Brit.

Thank you for the confirmation of what I said - though I would have thought
you'd cite a reference that backed up *your* contention, not mine.

Brit rhymes with ****, which is the same as Turd

Aussie rhymes with Bossy...

No it doesn't.
The "ss" in Aussie is pronounced "zz" - unless of course, you habitually
talk out of your arse...

...oh yes! I forgot.
Sorry.

....which was my ex...who was a ****.

You choose well.

Simple, no?

Yes. vbg

Gunner

--
Jeff R.

Dont worry about it Jeff - Gunner thrashes around a lot but when he
cant find an internet reference to cut and paste he just gets louder
and more obscure - hes a total idiot, but hes OK, not a bad bloke.
(And as a fellow Aussie, you would know what I meant by that - too
subtle for Gunner.)

And Gunner - Rhyming Slang is meant to Rhyme - transpositions, flights
of fancy, wishful thinking etc are NOT allowed.

You wanna give it another shot, or retire gracefully?

Andrew VK3BFA.