Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Goodbye

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sorry to see you go, Mike. Your's was a rare voice of reason, churning up as a solid in a cesspoll
of bull ****.

Bob Swinney

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Good luck with the eyes.

Blindness scares the **** out of me.

Too many of the things I enjoy most, require vision.

Take care!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Good luck with your vision. If you do not get improvement, I guess
I'll quit sending the computer junk for your veterans effort.

technomaNge
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

I hope the VA can help you Mike. Good luck and best wishes.

Clutch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 24, 5:30 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back."

Michael,
I am sorry to hear about your failing eyesight. I have a family
history of the problem also so I will be facing the same thing in a
few years probably.

I have been doing volunteer reading for "TALKING BOOKS", a program
run by the Library Of Congress to provide audio books and equipment
for visually impaired people. You can check with your State Library
Commission or the L.O.C to see how to enroll. They provide all the
equipment you need and have a huge selection of works to choose from.
Everything is free if you are visually impaired. No postage or
equipment expenses whatsoever.

I hope your vision improves and you don't need to use the service but
if you need it. . . it is there.

Good Luck,
DL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

your account:http://www.usenettools.net/ISP.htm

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Been busy but have been lurking.

Sorry to see you call...every opinion is worth listening to.

Good luck with the health problems.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Hey, stick around if you can - the metalwork is worthwhile, the
politics is just noise/entertainment and not to be taken too
seriously......

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Best luck and you're in my prayers. I will bash idiot liberals in your name!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Best of luck, Michael.

But I gotta tell ya I don't envy you if all you have is VA medical.

You go and be the exception to the rule, ok?

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:30:04 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Well, then, let there be major improvements!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

I hope the VA can help you Mike. Good luck and best wishes.

Clutch

I will gladly admit that losing one's vision is about as bad a break as a
person can have, and that's really unfortunate. But I can't say I'm sorry to
see you go. You were downright nasty a lot of the time and extremely biased
to boot. Not the kind of guy I would ever like.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

I personally will miss you Troop.

Keep in touch via email if you like

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have an idea. Let's just talk about metalworking and ignore all the
bull****.

Sounds plausible to me.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mike, best of luck to you.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

So long, Mike. Best of luck with the vision treatment.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

You know what you know, even if you have diminished sight. A lady friend of
mine is totally blind. She has a computer program, and does Excel
spreadsheets for homeowner reserve studies. Don't know how, but she does
them. You could stay around and pass off a lot of knowledge and experience.

That said, I can do nothing for you in the department of plain old knee deep
bull**** spewed by the usual suspects who obviously don't have a life, and
no time to do metalworking. Bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, whine, whine,
kvetch, kvetch, kvetch. Too bad it's not the old days, and they'd be found
behind the barn one wintry morning DOA.

So many self important people. We need more like you who will contribute.
Now, if you could only pare down your own political bent .............

Good luck.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Hope I'm not the Ed he's referring to! I gotta say this newsgroup
ain't so bad if your know how to write killfiles.. ;-) Hope your vision
improves!

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : "Hold on! we're passing
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : through the moronosphere!"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

I hope the VA can help you Mike. Good luck and best wishes.

Clutch

I will gladly admit that losing one's vision is about as bad a break as a
person can have, and that's really unfortunate. But I can't say I'm sorry to
see you go. You were downright nasty a lot of the time and extremely biased
to boot. Not the kind of guy I would ever like.

Hawke

The last two sentences seem to apply more to you than to Michael.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hope your vision improves! Good Luck!

--
Peter DiVergilio
Most of the money I've wasted was mostly spent trying to impress people who

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Sorry to be late responding to this. I've been off the web a few days myself.

Michael, I'm sorry to hear you have problems with your eyes, but don't think it's the end
of life. Wasn't it Helen Keller who invented brail? Probably *after* she lost her eye
sight. My mom is legally blind, but very active in a lot of clubs, church, etc. She has
a monitor that allows her to write her own checks and read her own mail. It will allow
some fairly fine print to be "blown up" on the screen to maybe 4" tall. She has macular
degeneration and is not the only one locally who is legally blind. She needs help setting
the thermostat, trimming the dogs toe nails and lots of other things, but you'd be
surprised how active - and independent she is!

What you do with your life and on the web may begin between the ears. Keep a heads up.
Look on the brighter side. If you need more info on the monitor system let me know and
I'll try to get the data for you. IF you need assistance with the financing there are
probably clubs or government agencies in your area that can assist with that as well.

Keep your chin up! :-)

Al
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Hang in there Michael, hope to see you back here when you're done
better. We're pulling for you.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:58:02 -0400, Al Patrick wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[re his eyesight]

Michael, I'm sorry to hear you have problems with your eyes, but don't
think it's the end of life. Wasn't it Helen Keller who invented brail?
Probably *after* she lost her eye sight. [...]

No, it was Braille who invented braille. Or, at least,
developed it by modifying a system invented by Barbier.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille .

-jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

James Waldby wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:58:02 -0400, Al Patrick wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[re his eyesight]
Michael, I'm sorry to hear you have problems with your eyes, but don't
think it's the end of life. Wasn't it Helen Keller who invented brail?
Probably *after* she lost her eye sight. [...]

No, it was Braille who invented braille. Or, at least,
developed it by modifying a system invented by Barbier.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille .

-jiw

Thanks. Helen Keller was the first deaf/blind person to graduate from college - also per
Wikipedia

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

All day today I felt really bad about loosing your insightful banter, even
temporarily. Let me know if there's anything you need or some bodies hauled
away.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

All day today I felt really bad about loosing your insightful banter, even
temporarily. Let me know if there's anything you need or some bodies hauled
away.

Now THAT'S a real friend!

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights,
even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're
talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door.

- Jack -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

Best of luck with your eyesight woes Mike. I would sure hate
to lose mine, not that it is all that wonderful (very
nearsighted), but I do okay.

Have you tried any of the text-to-speech programs? I've
messed around with Text-Aloud some. Mostly just to convert
old book text into MP3 files for listening to. See:

http://www.nextuptech.com/TextAloud/

The standard speech engine is tolerable. I haven't tried any
of the high quality engines for it (they are huge downloads
and I doubt they would work on my old computer). It isn't
free, but if it can give you some moments of pleasure it may
be worth the $30.

Let us know how you make out with the VA on Mon at least,
before you slam the door for good.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Update

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

The opthomologist said there was mesurable improvment, but I still
can't use my right eye whwn typing. They sai d it may be a full six
months, and if it hasn't healed by then, I will need surgery. I was
able to track my vison yesterday, but the right eye has a lot f jitter,
and very poor near field vision. Today, I can't track again. OTOH, I
was awake all nigh before the trip, becasue of pain. The last time I
looked at the clock, I had two minutes left before the alarm was set to
go off.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Hawkie, you miserable hypocrite! If you think I was nasty, you should
look at yourself and your sorrounds, and shovel out the six foot deep
pile of decaying bird**** & feathers from your cage. I was merely
talking to you on your own level. If I ever did get nasty, you would
never have the guts to get back on the internet, let alone USENET. I
have seen my share of walking human waste, like you. I am in pain 24/7,
and no longer TRY TO tolerate fools, liars, or trailer trash.

Leo,. I could crae less that you are JewIsh, but I had posted several
messages that I can't see what I type, so the spell checker is useless,
as well.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The opthomologist said there was mesurable improvment, but I still
can't use my right eye whwn typing. They sai d it may be a full six
months, and if it hasn't healed by then, I will need surgery. I was
able to track my vison yesterday, but the right eye has a lot f jitter,
and very poor near field vision. Today, I can't track again. OTOH, I
was awake all nigh before the trip, becasue of pain. The last time I
looked at the clock, I had two minutes left before the alarm was set to
go off.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Get yerself a black eyepatch and we'll call you Rooter Cogburn!

Welcome back, Michael.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

[...]

Good to hear that there may be some hope yet, Michael. Just disregard
trash like Hawkpoop. He's not worth messing with.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:45:29 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

The opthomologist said there was mesurable improvment, but I still
can't use my right eye whwn typing. They sai d it may be a full six
months, and if it hasn't healed by then, I will need surgery. I was
able to track my vison yesterday, but the right eye has a lot f jitter,
and very poor near field vision. Today, I can't track again. OTOH, I
was awake all nigh before the trip, becasue of pain. The last time I
looked at the clock, I had two minutes left before the alarm was set to
go off.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Hang in there!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The opthomologist said there was mesurable improvment, but I still
can't use my right eye whwn typing. They sai d it may be a full six
months, and if it hasn't healed by then, I will need surgery. I was
able to track my vison yesterday, but the right eye has a lot f jitter,
and very poor near field vision. Today, I can't track again. OTOH, I
was awake all nigh before the trip, becasue of pain. The last time I
looked at the clock, I had two minutes left before the alarm was set to
go off.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Get yerself a black eyepatch and we'll call you Rooter Cogburn!

Welcome back, Michael.

I've been wearing an eyepatch between eye exercise sessions.

I'm looking for a parrot, so I can make Cliff & Hawkie walk the
plank. I was offered one yestertady, but it was stuffed! ARRRR!! ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The opthomologist said there was mesurable improvment, but I still
can't use my right eye whwn typing. They sai d it may be a full six
months, and if it hasn't healed by then, I will need surgery. I was
able to track my vison yesterday, but the right eye has a lot f jitter,
and very poor near field vision. Today, I can't track again. OTOH, I
was awake all nigh before the trip, becasue of pain. The last time I
looked at the clock, I had two minutes left before the alarm was set to
go off.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Get yerself a black eyepatch and we'll call you Rooter Cogburn!

Welcome back, Michael.

I've been wearing an eyepatch between eye exercise sessions.

I'm looking for a parrot, so I can make Cliff & Hawkie walk the
plank. I was offered one yestertady, but it was stuffed! ARRRR!! ;-)

Aye Matey!

Too bad we can get Hawkie stuffed.

Or maybe just get him laid. Finally.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 04:16:51 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

I'm looking for a parrot, so I can make Cliff & Hawkie walk the
plank. I was offered one yestertady, but it was stuffed! ARRRR!! ;-)

Aye Matey!

Too bad we can get Hawkie stuffed.

Or maybe just get him laid. Finally.

His testicles would have to descend first.
Maybe in a few more years....
Like when he is 12

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

Aye Matey!

Too bad we can get Hawkie stuffed.

He is, but it's bidegradbile feritilizer.

Or maybe just get him laid. Finally.

Hawkie couldn't find a wooman that desperate, even if he was let into
a women's prison, and given full access to all of the women on death
row.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

Aye Matey!

Too bad we can get Hawkie stuffed.

He is, but it's bidegradbile feritilizer.

Or maybe just get him laid. Finally.

Hawkie couldn't find a wooman that desperate, even if he was let into
a women's prison, and given full access to all of the women on death
row.

Gee whiz, so many nasty things you guys are saying about me. That really
hurts my feelings.

Yeah, right! But thanks for letting me know how much I irritate a bunch of
right wing losers. I was hoping that my rational viewpoint would do just
that and your remarks confirm that it has. Thanks douche bags. You made my
day.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eye problem update

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

It has been a little over 10 weeks and I am finally starting to see
some improvement. I still have jitter in the motion of my right eye,
but I am able to lock them both on the same point. Any motion still
cause it to unlock, but doesn't make me dizzy, like before. I can read
the screen a little bit better, as long as my head or eyes don't move.
Even blinking caused a momentary unlock, but it is progress.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I have decided it isn't worth the migraines to read or reply in this
newsgroup. Apparently some of the bottom feeders think it's funny to
suddenly lose your eyesight. I don't care anymore. Have fun, and if
there are any typos, Ed can stick then up his ass.

I have another long trip to the VA hospital on Monaday about my eye,
and that is more important than this, or any other newsgroup.

Uness there are major improvments in my vision, I will not be back.

It has been a little over 10 weeks and I am finally starting to see
some improvement. I still have jitter in the motion of my right eye,
but I am able to lock them both on the same point. Any motion still
cause it to unlock, but doesn't make me dizzy, like before. I can read
the screen a little bit better, as long as my head or eyes don't move.
Even blinking caused a momentary unlock, but it is progress.

Glad to "see" you back, and that things are improving. I had a detached
retina years ago & had both eyes operated on. Anything involving loss of
sight is scary, and being blind for even a few days was no fun. Now I
have a cataract to deal with, but it seems like that will be trivial by
comparison.

Hope you make a full recovery.

Doug White

Goodbye JerryL Home Repair 25 November 16th 07 01:36 PM
Goodbye Wristwatch. Hello iPods. snow Home Repair 0 June 10th 07 02:36 AM
Goodbye RCA .. Hello Vizio HD N. Morrow Electronics Repair 2 April 22nd 07 05:26 PM
Goodbye Lamello. Hello Netto. Andy Hall UK diy 16 April 3rd 07 08:17 AM
El Guano - Part Of GoodBye #5 Tom Watson Woodworking 1 January 18th 06 03:42 AM