Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Goodbye RCA .. Hello Vizio HD

Our 12 year old RCA 27" with CTC187 chassis finally gasped it's last this
week. During the time we had it, it was fixed once for the bad tuner solder
problem by an RCA repair shop, fixed twice by me, and when I just didn't
feel like fixing it the 3rd time, I used the tuner in the VCR fed into the
AV inputs. Finally, it started to make a buzzing noise and then the picture
would shrink and expand .. flyback or HOT I suppose. The end came and within
a day a Vizio HD TV was sitting in place of the RCA. WOW! Why did I wait so
long?

I know the title of this group is 'repair', but enough is enough.
-Nick

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N. Morrow" hath wroth:

Our 12 year old RCA 27" with CTC187 chassis finally gasped it's last this
week. During the time we had it, it was fixed once for the bad tuner solder
problem by an RCA repair shop, fixed twice by me, and when I just didn't
feel like fixing it the 3rd time, I used the tuner in the VCR fed into the
AV inputs. Finally, it started to make a buzzing noise and then the picture
would shrink and expand .. flyback or HOT I suppose. The end came and within
a day a Vizio HD TV was sitting in place of the RCA. WOW! Why did I wait so
long?

Perhaps because you couldn't afford the big screen HD TV until the
recent price war kicked in? Vizio is not the best of the breed. I'll
be impressed if it survives the same 12 years like your deceased RCA.

Cheap LCDs to Blame for CompUSA Store Closing?
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/cheap-lcds-to-blame-for-compusa-store-closing-242244.php
http://news.com.com/2100-1041_3-6165022.html

I know the title of this group is 'repair', but enough is enough.
-Nick

I'm not worried. You'll be back.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Perhaps because you couldn't afford the big screen HD TV until the
recent price war kicked in? Vizio is not the best of the breed. I'll
be impressed if it survives the same 12 years like your deceased RCA.

I'll be impressed if my Sony HD TV lasts 12 years like his deceased RCA.