Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Goodbye Lamello. Hello Netto.

I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

..andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

.andy

Have you had a an accident recently? like summat drop on your head ?

Best get down there today,there's a bench belt sander for £29.99
http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nettog/menu/main.nsf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I almost forgot

Dremmel drill clones for £4.99 thursday just gone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
I almost forgot

Dremmel drill clones for £4.99 thursday just gone.

You also forgot what day it is today :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 10:18:42 +0100, Andy Hall said:

I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

.andy

I thought that this one was more convincing

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/hea...cle2411405.ece

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
George wrote:
I almost forgot

Dremmel drill clones for £4.99 thursday just gone.

You also forgot what day it is today :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

punch & judy mode on

No I didn't,read me first post.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 10:23:57 +0100, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

.andy

Have you had a an accident recently? like summat drop on your head ?

Nah...

Best get down there today,there's a bench belt sander for £29.99
http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nettog/menu/main.nsf

I've already got the Festool one.....

Besides, there isn't one of these places within 40 miles so it would
cost more than £29.95 to get there.

Added to which, I'd have to refit the bull bars and riot shields to the
Land Rover before going.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 10:26:39 +0100, "George" said:

I almost forgot

Dremmel drill clones for £4.99 thursday just gone.

Got the real one.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

The great thing about that is you can get your food shopping at the same
time - top quality all round.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 11:07:59 +0100, Grunff said:

Andy Hall wrote:
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

The great thing about that is you can get your food shopping at the
same time - top quality all round.

All round, possibly.... just not inside..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's a little known fact, but the Netto stuff IS rebadged Lamello and
Festool stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

Nice one from Google:

http://www.google.com/tisp/

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 15:28:24 +0100, Grunff said:

Andy Hall wrote:
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

Nice one from Google:

http://www.google.com/tisp/

Notice that installing their toolbar spyware is mandatory.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 15:28:24 +0100, Grunff said:

Andy Hall wrote:
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

Nice one from Google:

http://www.google.com/tisp/

Notice that installing their toolbar spyware is mandatory.

Oh Gawd, you haven't got it in for Google as well have you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:

Oh Gawd, you haven't got it in for Google as well have you?

There are a lot of privacy issues relating to Google, it's actually
quite a serious matter. Most people are appalled when they find out what
kind of data is collected and kept permanently.

--
Grunff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-04-01 18:16:32 +0100, Stuart Noble

On 2007-04-01 15:28:24 +0100, Grunff said:

Andy Hall wrote:
I know I've been dismissive of the various discount retailers in the
past but I was in one yesterday and I just hadn't realised how good
their stuff is... particularly their power tools.

So I'll be shopping there all the time from now on.

Nice one from Google:

http://www.google.com/tisp/

Notice that installing their toolbar spyware is mandatory.

Oh Gawd, you haven't got it in for Google as well have you?

Hardly. I bought some of their stock not long after their IPO. It
seems to have done quite well, so I'm not unhappy.

I still think that their toolbar and desktop are intrusive. Still
as long as they continue to provide a nice ROI....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 627677 20070401 113701 " wrote:
It's a little known fact, but the Netto stuff IS rebadged Lamello and
Festool stuff.

This week's special offers include a disc/belt sander at £30.

http://www.netto.co.uk/internet/nett...enpage&catid=2

Netto The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 6 September 12th 06 11:31 AM
Netto 51 UK diy 3 August 15th 06 12:48 AM
Lamello Dosicol glue applicator zug Woodworking 11 December 23rd 05 06:11 AM
Lamello C2 and C3 Nobody UK diy 3 October 29th 05 05:47 PM
Lamello Biscuit Joiners Geoff Woodworking 6 January 25th 05 08:51 PM