Geoff

Default Lamello Biscuit Joiners

The lamello is a great tool. Precision is its main asset. The Porter
Cable is a much better tool than the DeWalt because the top handle is
attached to the fence. So, you hold the fence down flush with the wood
using the top handle and push the blade into the wood with your other
hand. The DeWalt handles are both attached to the moving portion of the
tool, so it is harder to keep the fence flush.

On Amazon, the difference between a dewalt joiner and lamello top 10 is
FIVE HUNDRED AND ONE DOLLARS.

I notice that those who rave about the Lamello top xx have owned
theirs for several years. Unfortunatelly, the prolonged devaluation of
the dollar against European made machinery has just wreaked havoc on
value/price comparisons.

The Lamello is $535 more than I paid for my Porter Cable in December
with all the promotions and discounts. It was a no brainer purchase for
me.

Bob

What model Porter cable? They have improved dramatically over three
years ago.

B a r r y

Geoff wrote:
The DeWalt handles are both attached to the moving portion of the
tool, so it is harder to keep the fence flush.

I'll agree, but many of us DeWalt owners have adapted by holding the
fence with one hand. G

I put my thumb and forefinger in the depressions on the top fence. It's
almost as if the tool was made to be held this way and lawyers insisted
that the second handle be added.

Barry

Lawrence Wasserman

In article . com,
Geoff wrote:
The lamello is a great tool. Precision is its main asset. The Porter
Cable is a much better tool than the DeWalt because the top handle is
attached to the fence. So, you hold the fence down flush with the wood
using the top handle and push the blade into the wood with your other
hand. The DeWalt handles are both attached to the moving portion of the
tool, so it is harder to keep the fence flush.

Aren't the "precision" Lamello handles both attached to the same
moving part of the tool also?

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Biscuit cutters habbi Woodworking 26 January 24th 05 06:01 PM
How perfectly flat are biscuit joined panels? toller Woodworking 43 January 17th 05 01:16 AM
O'Malley Biscuit Jointer Mike Coonrod Woodworking 1 February 11th 04 05:21 AM
Mounted biscuit jointer JR Woodworking 3 December 7th 03 06:55 PM
Biscuit Joiner DoYouReallyCare Woodworking 7 November 21st 03 06:10 PM