Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye

I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

BYE !!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The spammers will just follow you! See, your post IS WHY they stay. They
live and post for retorts from those such as yourself..

SD

Posted to alt.home.repair

JerryL wrote:
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

Having normal people throw their hands up in the air and giving up is
exactly what the riff-raff want to see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JerryL wrote:
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

You have to ignore them. They feed on responses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JerryL" wrote in message
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

At some point, you have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.
It is your misfortune that you cannot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 6:58 am, "JerryL" wrote:
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

While I feel your pain, I gotta assume this means that you are also
going to move to a cabin in the woods, cutting off your e-mail
service, snail mail service, phone service, TV and essentially all
contact with the outside world.

Once there, you'll have to stay nearby since you can't drive anywhere
- the "spammers, the sexual and religious perverts" have ruined the
highways with billboards and rolling advertisements on buses, trucks
and even rolling billboards. (I saw one built onto a bicycle the other
day, so they could take it to places where the truck mounted
billboards couldn't go.)

In other words, you can run but you can't hide...unless you also hide
from all that is also *good* in the world.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:58:02 -0500, "JerryL"
wrote Re Goodbye:

Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here.

Just like in a real-life neighboorhood, where the bad drives out the
good because the good people aren't allowed to defend themselves.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JerryL wrote in message
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things [..]
over the years. [..]

You've read and lurked for years and still don't know how to
filter or that you don't have to read every article posted to the
'group? Wow... Talk about not learning anything.

You're using OE. The filters are EASY to use. RTFM already.

The Ranger

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JerryL" wrote:
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here.

Learning to use killfiles and filter programs makes Usenet a much more
pleasant experience.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

JerryL wrote:
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

Hi,
No, toughing it out? You lost then. I am staying ignoring those scums.
Bye.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JerryL" wrote in message
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

A few things. One, watch out for that doorknob on the way out. Two, learn
how to use your computer and filters. Three, quit being so thin skinned.
Anywhere you go in the world, you will be in this same exact company, but
you just won't know you're standing next to them.

It's not like there's ANOTHER Internet that's Pollyannish perfect that you
can migrate to. You will be missed as much as one molecule in the universe.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote

While I feel your pain, I gotta assume this means that you are also
going to move to a cabin in the woods, cutting off your e-mail
service, snail mail service, phone service, TV and essentially all
contact with the outside world.

Sheesh. I have a cabin deep in the woods. I have Internet, power, cell
phone, snail mail, just no phone line. I was thinking of living there with
no services, but just couldn't complete the withdrawal stage.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

wrote:

I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

Poor baby!

Let's have a bake sale and get him a kill file.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

JerryL wrote:

I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum
over the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that
always offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little
the spammers, the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over
this forum chasing away a lot of the good people that posted here. To
them, I thank you for ruining a good thing. Your devious and
perverted minds could not stand that normal people had a good forum
to exchange repair information and tips. I hope all the good people
leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

Hi,
No, toughing it out? You lost then. I am staying ignoring those scums.
Bye.

I'm with you, Tony. My browser doesn't filter very well, but my brain
does. Spammers must get bored at some point, but if they don't they are
dull and/or perverse enough to derive some enjoyment from their activity
.... kind of along the lines of sh------ where you live. At any rate,
I'll hang out and look for useful tips. I enjoy people who are good at
what they do and willing to share what they learn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JerryL wrote in message ...
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum

over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the

spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum

chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you

for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not

stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and

tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum

here.

I haven't found that to be the case on this newsgroup that often. I
think there is much more good advice than there are the odd trolls
etc., but I'll be damned if I'd let them run me off of a helpful group
that I enjoy. Ignoring them is much easier IMO.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JerryL" wrote in message
I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

The spam on this NG is nothing compared to another NG I read. There is a
lot of good content to be had here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 5:00 pm, "J.A. Michel" wrote:
"JerryL" wrote in message

I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

The spam on this NG is nothing compared to another NG I read. There is a
lot of good content to be had here.

Based on the number of posts in this NG, there's a much smaller
percentage of spam here than in my corporate e-mail with all it's
rules-based filtering.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have watched, lurked, posted and learned many things in this forum over
the years. There were many professionals, handymen, etc., that always
offered good advice and hints to the laymen. Little by little the spammers,
the sexual and religious perverts starting taking over this forum chasing
away a lot of the good people that posted here. To them, I thank you for
ruining a good thing. Your devious and perverted minds could not stand that
normal people had a good forum to exchange repair information and tips. I
hope all the good people leave this forum and just leave you scum here.

A Preacher (now deceased) used to say; "when you find a perfect
Church; don't join it, because it won't be perfect anymore."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"J.A. Michel" wrote

The spam on this NG is nothing compared to another NG I read. There is a
lot of good content to be had here.

I, too read multiple newsgroups. I think the spam is thin here because the
trolls don't get a lot of response. People here are results oriented, and
won't take the time to respond to a troll when they're fighting with a clog.
Too bad it is not so for the other groups. Seems like there's 40% or more
of the group who can't tell you what the topic of the newsgroup is, but
won't hesitate to discuss Bush or Iraq or welfare or whatever ad infinitum
ad nauseum.

Hope it stays like this.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 15, 4:00 pm, "J.A. Michel" wrote:
"JerryL" wrote in message

snip

The spam on this NG is nothing compared to another NG I read. There is a
lot of good content to be had here.

You wouldn't be referring to the Freon-breathing bloated ego dolts in
alt.hvac would you? Everyone ought to read some of the idiotic tripe
that gets posted there as an object lesson in incivility and nasty
rhetoric and precious little actual meaningful content. Sad. Wasted
bandwidth.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote in message 1dfb1b26-1cf2-44f5-ac92-
You wouldn't be referring to the Freon-breathing bloated ego dolts in
alt.hvac would you? Everyone ought to read some of the idiotic tripe
that gets posted there as an object lesson in incivility and nasty
rhetoric and precious little actual meaningful content. Sad. Wasted
bandwidth.

Joe

OK, but if that's true, why should everyone read there?

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote

OK, but if that's true, why should everyone read there?

Cheri

True. Why lower one's self?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 11/15/2007 9:45 PM Joe said the following:
On Nov 15, 4:00 pm, "J.A. Michel" wrote:

"JerryL" wrote in message

snip

The spam on this NG is nothing compared to another NG I read. There is a
lot of good content to be had here.

You wouldn't be referring to the Freon-breathing bloated ego dolts in
alt.hvac would you? Everyone ought to read some of the idiotic tripe
that gets posted there as an object lesson in incivility and nasty
rhetoric and precious little actual meaningful content. Sad. Wasted
bandwidth.

Joe

alt.hvac claims to be for HVAC installers only! Any home owners ( which
they call "ho moaners") that wander in there with an hvac problem will
be greeted by insults and foul language.
They occasionally wander over to alt.home.repair and take potshots at
anyone asking questions about hvac in there too.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY