Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ZIP drive to swap...

Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

I KNOW some of you still use this stuff .. so make me an offer in trade... I
sure ain't gonna try and fleaBay this to get 10 bucks...

If it's a regular here like Gunner, or Iggy, or one of the "Don's" I'll
send it no questions asked, somebody else may have to persuade me they won't
rip me off for the shipping.

What do I want?.. Hell I dunna-no.. A couple of 64th 5C collets would
probably get it...

Don't respond here, drop me an e-mail, I'm sure you can figure out how to
get rid of the NOSPAM before you respond, and put ZIP DRIVE SWAP in the
subject, even with SpamAssissian I still take a couple 100 a day...

I won't necessarily take the first offer, just some thing worth while.

--.- Dave (who really is trying to be a good guy here).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

On 2008-05-25, Dave August wrote:
Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

I KNOW some of you still use this stuff .. so make me an offer in trade... I
sure ain't gonna try and fleaBay this to get 10 bucks...

If it's a regular here like Gunner, or Iggy, or one of the "Don's" I'll
send it no questions asked, somebody else may have to persuade me they won't
rip me off for the shipping.

What do I want?.. Hell I dunna-no.. A couple of 64th 5C collets would
probably get it...

Don't respond here, drop me an e-mail, I'm sure you can figure out how to
get rid of the NOSPAM before you respond, and put ZIP DRIVE SWAP in the
subject, even with SpamAssissian I still take a couple 100 a day...

I won't necessarily take the first offer, just some thing worth while.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave August" wrote in message
Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

Good luck! I had a zip drive and three disks I tried to give away a few
weeks ago and could not find any takers! It went in the land fill. When a
USB flash drive is just a few dollars, and fits easily in your pocket, the
old technology looses value pretty fast!
Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a drive in the shop. I have maybe 20 disks. Backups and copies.
Win 95 mostly stuff. Some other.

Now for the good news for you...

The drive hooks up parallel. It feeds back parallel.

It will read a 3V low voltage port and drive the same data at 5V !!!

Some product needs or requires 5v to interface - some CAD controllers....

Without the drive software on the computer, it acts as a transmission line
buffer. The computer won't play with it. XP anyway when I played.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Dave August wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:31:37 -0500, Ignoramus22089

On 2008-05-25, Dave August wrote:
Ok guys,

I won't necessarily take the first offer, just some thing worth while.

Take the first offer - it will likely be the only one. The Zip Drive
was problematic at birth and has not gotten any better with age.
(possibly the least reliable media in the last 20 years)

Not to mention the 100MB Zip is slower than a 4GB USB stick - and they
are less expensive today than the 100MB media was at its lowest.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave August" wrote in message
Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

I KNOW some of you still use this stuff .. so make me an offer in trade...
I sure ain't gonna try and fleaBay this to get 10 bucks...

dave - you may help those who would be interested by saying if it was an
internal or external drive - I still have an internal drive and it has
worked flawlessly since I got it - it just didn't catch on - and then there
was the 1 GB JAZZ drives (and the 2 GB JAZZ) which were more tempremental -
I still have one of them too.

But Iggy is right - a memory stick is cheaper, faster and better. But if
you have something that needs Zip drives, then they can be valuable -
that's what happened when I sold an 8 inch floppy a while back

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Ive got about 10 Zip drives, both the 100 meg and 250 meg that Id give
away.
But they sure did fill a need for a long time though.

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

Gunner

On 2008-05-25, Dave August wrote:
Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

I KNOW some of you still use this stuff .. so make me an offer in trade... I
sure ain't gonna try and fleaBay this to get 10 bucks...

If it's a regular here like Gunner, or Iggy, or one of the "Don's" I'll
send it no questions asked, somebody else may have to persuade me they won't
rip me off for the shipping.

What do I want?.. Hell I dunna-no.. A couple of 64th 5C collets would
probably get it...

Don't respond here, drop me an e-mail, I'm sure you can figure out how to
get rid of the NOSPAM before you respond, and put ZIP DRIVE SWAP in the
subject, even with SpamAssissian I still take a couple 100 a day...

I won't necessarily take the first offer, just some thing worth while.

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Wherebouts?

I just bought a couple of 2 gig for 9$ each at CompUSA.
Would love ot have half a dozen big ones.

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Wherebouts?

I just bought a couple of 2 gig for 9$ each at CompUSA.
Would love ot have half a dozen big ones.

Richard

Kingston 4G flash USB drives for 15.99 with free shipping from Newegg.

Other than the barfy purple color coding, they're great. You can get
faster ones, but they cost more.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dudes,

Ya don't have to lecture me on these things, I ALWYAS thought hey were
bogus, I've NEVER owned one. Just thought one of you guys running an
OOOLLLDDD Dos box as a CNC thingie and already had a drive might want the
disks for the price of shipping...

You should have seen the (no joke) 2 foot high stack of 1GIG WD-Caviers I
tossed...

As Gunner woud say... shrug

--.- Dave

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:31:37 -0500, Ignoramus22089
wrote:

snip

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

Gunner

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Wherebouts?

I just bought a couple of 2 gig for 9$ each at CompUSA.
Would love ot have half a dozen big ones.

Richard

Kingston 4G flash USB drives for 15.99 with free shipping from Newegg.

Other than the barfy purple color coding, they're great. You can get
faster ones, but they cost more.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks, Spehro!

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...Memory-Readers

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-26, cavelamb himself wrote:
Kingston 4G flash USB drives for 15.99 with free shipping from Newegg.

Other than the barfy purple color coding, they're great. You can get
faster ones, but they cost more.

Thanks, Spehro!

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...Memory-Readers

Richard

I buy all my computer stuff from newegg only.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave August" wrote in message
Just thought one of you guys running an OOOLLLDDD Dos box as a CNC thingie and
already had a drive might want the disks for the price of shipping...

Yep, you never know. Just a couple years ago, I was hunting down 5.25"
floppy drives on E-Bay and was glad to find them. They were the only thing that
would work in our old Siemens phone switches. We had an old DOS machine with a
bit copier (so that we could copy backup floppys) that I wouldn't have sold for
$10,000.

Vaughn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-26, cavelamb himself wrote:
Kingston 4G flash USB drives for 15.99 with free shipping from
Newegg.

Other than the barfy purple color coding, they're great. You can get
faster ones, but they cost more.

Thanks, Spehro!

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...Memory-Readers

Richard

I buy all my computer stuff from newegg only.

Yeah , they've got a few bucks from me too . Actually , quite a bit more
than "a few" . I shopped my ass off before buying , couldn't beat them .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Moving pictures from computer to computer or documents or programs...

I have a SanDisk 2GB gave the 1G to my son.
Then upgraded so now I have to - I bought a 8GB Verbatim.

Both carried programs to protect files and password... - I deleted that crap.
Saved a lot of space.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Wherebouts?

I just bought a couple of 2 gig for 9$ each at CompUSA.
Would love ot have half a dozen big ones.

Richard

Kingston 4G flash USB drives for 15.99 with free shipping from Newegg.

Other than the barfy purple color coding, they're great. You can get
faster ones, but they cost more.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Older computers won't function with USB. So the Zip is still good.
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Dave August wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

As much as I wish you success selling these, I doubt that you will get
very far with 100mb ZIP drives. I use USb hard drives for backup and
also rdiff-backup for remote backup from home to work.

4 gig flash drives are $15
8 gigs are $25

Wherebouts?

I just bought a couple of 2 gig for 9$ each at CompUSA.
Would love ot have half a dozen big ones.

Richard

MicroCenter

Santa Ana California, or www.microcenter.com

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 May 2008 21:37:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Martin H. Eastburn" quickly quoth:

Moving pictures from computer to computer or documents or programs...

I have a SanDisk 2GB gave the 1G to my son.
Then upgraded so now I have to - I bought a 8GB Verbatim.

I just won a brand new ROCK 160GB portable drive ($52 + $10 s/h) last
night. I'll use it to swap out my sister's computer files while I
reformat the disk.
Then I'll use it with Acronis True Image to keep whole disk-image
backups of my own drive.

Both carried programs to protect files and password... - I deleted that crap.
Saved a lot of space.

Yeah, my Sandisk 2GB thumb drive had the same things. They just got in
the way.

--

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 May 2008 04:55:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
I just won a brand new ROCK 160GB portable drive ($52 + $10 s/h) last
night.

snip
=========
This just came in the email from Iomega and might be of interest
to the group

360GB* Desktop Hard Drive
Was $114.95 Now Only $79.95
for this and other "deals" click on
http://www.iomega.com/direct/outlet/landing.jsp

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just won a brand new ROCK 160GB portable drive ($52 + $10 s/h) last
night. I'll use it to swap out my sister's computer files while I
reformat the disk.
Then I'll use it with Acronis True Image to keep whole disk-image
backups of my own drive.

I just picked up a Hitachi DeskStar 500 gig IDE (refurb, as new with
warranty) for $35 and am building a box to do nothing but storage,
using a mix of scsi and ide drives.

My Stack O Disks is getting very long in the tooth and those (5) 40
gig drives are starting to drop out..old HP stakOdisks

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just won a brand new ROCK 160GB portable drive ($52 + $10 s/h) last
night. I'll use it to swap out my sister's computer files while I
reformat the disk.
Then I'll use it with Acronis True Image to keep whole disk-image
backups of my own drive.

I just picked up a Hitachi DeskStar 500 gig IDE (refurb, as new with
warranty) for $35 and am building a box to do nothing but storage,
using a mix of scsi and ide drives.

My Stack O Disks is getting very long in the tooth and those (5) 40
gig drives are starting to drop out..old HP stakOdisks

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
mariposa rand mair theal

I've been drooling on the 1 and 1.5 T (ohmygolly!) drives.
Prices are coming down slowly.

My 320 Gig was only $69 - Thanksgiving Special - for which I
give thanks!

Richard
--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:14:19 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, F.
George McDuffee quickly quoth:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 04:55:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
I just won a brand new ROCK 160GB portable drive ($52 + $10 s/h) last
night.

snip
=========
This just came in the email from Iomega and might be of interest
to the group

360GB* Desktop Hard Drive
Was $114.95 Now Only $79.95
for this and other "deals" click on
http://www.iomega.com/direct/outlet/landing.jsp

Shirkit ****ty (Circuit City) has the WD 500GB My Book drives on sale
for $90 right now. They take a wall wart. My new ROCK doesn't. It's
USB powered, fully portable. The Toshibas, Seagates, and WD Passport
drives up to 320GB all use USB but they run as high as $190 at Wally
World.

--

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:40:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:14:19 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, F.
George McDuffee quickly quoth:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 04:55:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
I just won a brand new ROCK 160GB portable drive ($52 + $10 s/h) last
night.

snip
=========
This just came in the email from Iomega and might be of interest
to the group

360GB* Desktop Hard Drive
Was $114.95 Now Only $79.95
for this and other "deals" click on
http://www.iomega.com/direct/outlet/landing.jsp

Shirkit ****ty (Circuit City) has the WD 500GB My Book drives on sale
for $90 right now. They take a wall wart. My new ROCK doesn't. It's
USB powered, fully portable. The Toshibas, Seagates, and WD Passport
drives up to 320GB all use USB but they run as high as $190 at Wally
World.

Best Buy has been flogging LaCie 500GB externals for $129-139 for some
time here.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Shirkit ****ty (Circuit City) has the WD 500GB My Book drives on sale
for $90 right now. They take a wall wart. My new ROCK doesn't. It's
USB powered, fully portable. The Toshibas, Seagates, and WD Passport
drives up to 320GB all use USB but they run as high as $190 at Wally
World.

--

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi

Bless you, Larry!

I printed out your message and took it to CC.
As it turned out there was a $40 manufacturers rebate to bring the price
down to 79.99.

But I refuse to buy stuff with rebates any more - too often burned.

So I was going to leave driveless, but caught the manager and bitched
about manufacturers rebates in general.

So he dropped the price on the spot!
I got two of them for $80 each.

Terabyte. There is a bizarre word for ya.
Who'da thunk?

Richard

--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My Altair 8800B 8080 machine can't handle that new stuff.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

William Noble wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:31:37 -0500, Ignoramus22089
wrote:

snip

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

Gunner

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Noble wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:31:37 -0500, Ignoramus22089
wrote:

snip

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

Gunner

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

How about a brand new Iomega "Floptical" 20 MB drive, still in the
original package and shrink wrap?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Greg O wrote:

"Dave August" wrote in message
Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

Good luck! I had a zip drive and three disks I tried to give away a few
weeks ago and could not find any takers! It went in the land fill. When a
USB flash drive is just a few dollars, and fits easily in your pocket, the
old technology looses value pretty fast!

People ask for them at least once a month on the local Freecycle
group.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vaughn Simon wrote:

"Dave August" wrote in message
Just thought one of you guys running an OOOLLLDDD Dos box as a CNC thingie and
already had a drive might want the disks for the price of shipping...

Yep, you never know. Just a couple years ago, I was hunting down 5.25"
floppy drives on E-Bay and was glad to find them. They were the only thing that
would work in our old Siemens phone switches. We had an old DOS machine with a
bit copier (so that we could copy backup floppys) that I wouldn't have sold for
$10,000.

I still have at least 50 5.25" drives if you need any more.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

People ask for them at least once a month on the local Freecycle
group.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

I thought tossed it, but it was hiding behind my office door.
If anyone wants it, just pay shipping!
Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 May 2008 22:36:21 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

William Noble wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 21:31:37 -0500, Ignoramus22089
wrote:

snip

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

Gunner

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

How about a brand new Iomega "Floptical" 20 MB drive, still in the
original package and shrink wrap?

Gotta coupla full height 5.25, One marked IBM plus the ones in the
Compaq Luggables
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 May 2008 22:41:02 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Vaughn Simon wrote:

"Dave August" wrote in message
Just thought one of you guys running an OOOLLLDDD Dos box as a CNC thingie and
already had a drive might want the disks for the price of shipping...

Yep, you never know. Just a couple years ago, I was hunting down 5.25"
floppy drives on E-Bay and was glad to find them. They were the only thing that
would work in our old Siemens phone switches. We had an old DOS machine with a
bit copier (so that we could copy backup floppys) that I wouldn't have sold for
$10,000.

I still have at least 50 5.25" drives if you need any more.

Junior had a client to whom I was able to provide a couple of the
lower density 3.5" drives - the equipment couldn't handle the 1.44 meg
drives. Older welding robots also needed the lower density.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some
PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

How about a brand new Iomega "Floptical" 20 MB drive, still in the
original package and shrink wrap?

Gotta coupla full height 5.25, One marked IBM plus the ones in the
Compaq Luggables
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

the full height ones marked IBM seem to have resale value now

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Vaughn Simon wrote:

"Dave August" wrote in message
Just thought one of you guys running an OOOLLLDDD Dos box as a CNC thingie and
already had a drive might want the disks for the price of shipping...

Yep, you never know. Just a couple years ago, I was hunting down 5.25"
floppy drives on E-Bay and was glad to find them. They were the only thing that
would work in our old Siemens phone switches. We had an old DOS machine with a
bit copier (so that we could copy backup floppys) that I wouldn't have sold for
$10,000.

I still have at least 50 5.25" drives if you need any more.

Junior had a client to whom I was able to provide a couple of the
lower density 3.5" drives - the equipment couldn't handle the 1.44 meg
drives. Older welding robots also needed the lower density.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

An instructor at a college told me that replacement 3.5"
floppies for one of their VMC machines cost something like $2K each.
Visually identical to the $15 variety. Maybe that's the difference.

They have a crude network hacked together for downloading programs
from a central modern computer (which will take thumb drives or
whatever), so it's not a priority for them.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Some of the better quality 3.5" drives had a jumper to select low/high
density disks.
(maybe that was 780?kb or 1.44Mb, TEAC and SONY, IIRC were drives that did
have the jumper).
If you wanted to, an accessible external switch could be added. Most drives
are capable of detecting lo/hi density disks, but most machines don't
utilize the capability (as most machines will ignore that the drive is
empty, and attempt to read data anyway, even though there are switches to
detect that the drive is empty).

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
Junior had a client to whom I was able to provide a couple of the
lower density 3.5" drives - the equipment couldn't handle the 1.44 meg
drives. Older welding robots also needed the lower density.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When I was one of the Engineering Managers at Mitsubishi, another group
produced special very high density drives that were 2.88M for IBM only.

I didn't know - but I suspected these were so that only certain machines
could read data and the data couldn't be copied. Might be simply a set of
files could fit on a 2M disk but not on 1.4M - so a better head was developed.

I was the DRAM Engineering manager through DDRI.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Wild_Bill wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 May 2008 23:50:58 -0700, "William Noble"
wrote:

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some
PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

How about a brand new Iomega "Floptical" 20 MB drive, still in the
original package and shrink wrap?

Gotta coupla full height 5.25, One marked IBM plus the ones in the
Compaq Luggables
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

the full height ones marked IBM seem to have resale value now

I may be sitting on a gold mine down there, OTOH, maybe not.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-31, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

William Noble wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

[ ... ]

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

[ ... ]

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

My Altair 8800B 8080 machine can't handle that new stuff.

Nor will my Altair 680b (6800 CPU). :-)

Can you still find the hard-sectored 8" floppies needed for your
system's floppy drives (if it *has* floppy drives. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

William Noble wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

[ ... ]

Anyone want a Syquest drive or 3? 1 gig.....

[ ... ]

geeez - if you are going to dig up ancient history - anyone want some PLI
drives and media? 40 and 80 meg, one PC type, the rest SCSI/Mac type?

[ ... ]

How about a brand new Iomega "Floptical" 20 MB drive, still in the
original package and shrink wrap?

Gotta coupla full height 5.25, One marked IBM plus the ones in the
Compaq Luggables

How about some 8" 84MB SMD interface drives? Used them on my
first unix box -- a Cosmos CMS-16/UNX.

Lots of my machines used 8" floppies.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564