Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default ZIP drive to swap...

"Dave August" wrote in message
Ok guys,

A friend gave me an old box to scrap that had a ZIP drive in it, he also
gave me eight 100MB disks for it, two of which are new and unopened.

I KNOW some of you still use this stuff .. so make me an offer in trade...
I sure ain't gonna try and fleaBay this to get 10 bucks...

dave - you may help those who would be interested by saying if it was an
internal or external drive - I still have an internal drive and it has
worked flawlessly since I got it - it just didn't catch on - and then there
was the 1 GB JAZZ drives (and the 2 GB JAZZ) which were more tempremental -
I still have one of them too.

But Iggy is right - a memory stick is cheaper, faster and better. But if
you have something that needs Zip drives, then they can be valuable -
that's what happened when I sold an 8 inch floppy a while back