Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Question for Ed H.

Ed, I had to put this here to see what your take is on the conclusions:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/021306Roberts.shtml

Thanks for any and all opinions and comments.

Regards - Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mlcorson

I'm concerned. I don't see any real job growth in our town. Except at
McDonalds, Walmart, etc.
Ponder some additional facts:
Over the past four years consumer spending and residential construction

have together accounted for 90% of the total growth in our GDP. And,
over
two-fifths (2/5) of the private sector jobs were created in the real
estate
and mortgage brokerage sector.
Those jobs were created by inflated real estate prices, low interest
rates and people borowing the (inflated) equity out of their homes and
spending it.
-
Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Ed, I had to put this here to see what your take is on the conclusions:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/021306Roberts.shtml

Thanks for any and all opinions and comments.

Regards - Jim

please reply to:

I read an article gleaned from the BLS numbers listing the top 25 jobs for
the next eight years.

The biggest growth was in

Medical
(Good prospects for RNs, the rest of the medical jobs were for bed pan
cleaners)
Teaching
Sales
House keeping
Food service

The future looks rosy.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Ed, I had to put this here to see what your take is on the conclusions:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/021306Roberts.shtml

Thanks for any and all opinions and comments.

Regards - Jim

I don't know, Jim. Somebody posted that link last week and I read it then.
It sounds reasonable, and I've heard some of the same from Krugman. But I'd
want to go track down his numbers myself before drawing any conclusions.

Unfortunately, I don't have time for that these days, since I'm not working
at home anymore.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On 22 Feb 2006 13:09:58 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

Ed, I had to put this here to see what your take is on the conclusions:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/021306Roberts.shtml

Thanks for any and all opinions and comments.

Regards - Jim

=====================================
Easy answer is that things are getting better and better, and
globalization is a "win-win" situation == for the people that
employ the economists *IN THE SHORT TERM* ==

Most telling lines a

"Little wonder engineering enrollments are shrinking. There are
no jobs for graduates. The talk about engineering shortages is
absolute ignorance. There are several hundred thousand American
engineers who are unemployed and have been for years. No student
wants a degree that is nothing but a ticket to a soup line. Many
engineers have written to me that they cannot even get Wal-Mart
jobs because their education makes them over-qualified."

and

"There are now hundreds of thousands of Americans who will never
recover their investment in their university education."

If this was the only article on this topic it could be dismissed
as flake or "whack-job" output, but the same warning is being
overtly and tacitly sounded in sector after sector.

For example, medical costs are now projected to reach 20% of GPD
by 2015. This is not possible, and the medical [payment] system
will collapse before then.

Another example is that the U.S. government is now tapping the
G-fund or governmental employee pension fund to avoid exceeding
the debt limit.

As the U.S. rapidly approaches the status of a third world
country (one example is the rapid growth in the GINI
coefficient), the only recourse will be the establishment and
growth of an "alternative" or unofficial economy beyond the
knowledge and reach of the people and institutions that are
killing the official one for their own profit and amusement,
through the "death of a thousand cuts."

Uncle George

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--Oh, *that* Ed H., heh.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Living on the fringes of
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : most good bell curves...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"steamer" wrote in message
--Oh, *that* Ed H., heh.

Well, don't let that stop you. What do you think about it?

--
the other Ed H.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Likely one gigantic financial Proctological Violation in the offing.

Nowhere is the real estate more insane than in NYC.
You could get top dollar for a plumbing-less shack w/ an outhouse, just so
some yupsterized nitwit could say they live in Manhattan.
There are stories of people living in their U-haul storage lockers.

Oh yeah, recouping college investment--what a fukn over-priced 4-year 3-ring
Dog&Pony show dat is... Good preparation for tea-party chit-chat, I spose.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"mlcorson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm concerned. I don't see any real job growth in our town. Except at
McDonalds, Walmart, etc.
Ponder some additional facts:
Over the past four years consumer spending and residential construction

have together accounted for 90% of the total growth in our GDP. And,
over
two-fifths (2/5) of the private sector jobs were created in the real
estate
and mortgage brokerage sector.
Those jobs were created by inflated real estate prices, low interest
rates and people borowing the (inflated) equity out of their homes and
spending it.
-
Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

Has anyone noticed that the mainstream conservatives are starting to beat up
on the Shrub? This guy was a Raegan Treasury appointee and former Reaganite
Bruce Bartlett's new book "Imposter" really cuts him to pieces on the tax
cuts and the deficit.

I have read a number of recent articles by big time Repubs and war hawks
that say he has really screwed the pooch on almost everything.

There may soon come a day when only the bible thumpers and Gunner will like
him.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"jim rozen" wrote in message
Ed, I had to put this here to see what your take is on the conclusions:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/021306Roberts.shtml

Thanks for any and all opinions and comments.

Regards - Jim

please reply to:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the mainstream conservatives are starting to beat up
on the Shrub? This guy was a Raegan Treasury appointee and former Reaganite
Bruce Bartlett's new book "Imposter" really cuts him to pieces on the tax
cuts and the deficit.

I have read a number of recent articles by big time Repubs and war hawks
that say he has really screwed the pooch on almost everything.

There may soon come a day when only the bible thumpers and Gunner will like
him.

You mean that Ross Perot was right when he said there would be a "giant
sucking sound" which would be all our jobs leaving. Come to think of
it, wasn't that before Bush?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tonyp

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

Has anyone noticed that the mainstream conservatives
are starting to beat up on the Shrub?

Well, it just goes to show that not even mainstream conservatives can be
fooled forever.

There may soon come a day when only the bible thumpers
and Gunner will like him.

Don't underestimate Karl Rove. He's a smarmy little ****, but he is good.
If there should be another 9/11 next week, he would spin it as proof that
Dick and Dubya need more power, more secrecy, and more tax cuts.

Speaking of which, I would purely love to know: when Dubya came out
swinging his veto bat over the ports brouhaha, was it because he _didn't_
check with Rove first, or because he _did_?

-- TP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"tonyp" wrote in message

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

Has anyone noticed that the mainstream conservatives
are starting to beat up on the Shrub?

With the real proposal of having Mexican workers unload Chinese goods in UAE
run ports on American soil, I think a lot of "mainstream conservatives" are
going to start swimming both directions.

What in the **** are these people thinking?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:15:12 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:
snip
What in the **** are these people thinking?

snip
It is mainly a "branding" problem. Both the Republican and
Democratic parties in the U.S. are now "under new international
oriented management/ownership."

Like the ads used to say "it's not your father's Oldsmobile,"
(which may be the main reason Oldsmobile is no longer in
business)....

Remember what happened to Bridgeport Milling Machine when the
company was taken over [or sold out].

We have disipated in less than 20 years what it took our
ancestors over 200 years to accumulate thus proving the advice
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that
virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine (1737-1809), Common
Sense, ch. 4 (1776

Uncle George
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

A couple of thoughts:

1) I am ashamed of myself that for the last 30 years I ignored and even
rationalized the textile jobs, auto jobs, etc. all leaving, thinking that
the areas I was involved and interested in - high tech, software, and R&D -
were somehow immune. I was naively elitist, blind, and stupid.

2) I find it amazing how fast it all happened in my arena. I place a lot of
blame on IBM and their false Y2K hysteria. In raising this canard, they
forced IT departments to overspend in '99, and then not spend in '00.
Besides contributing to the NASDAQ crash and Internet bubble bursting, what
this did was make these corporate IT guys realize that they didn't need the
software and services they had previously been happy to pay for every year,
and they stopped buying. By the end of '02, the software industry was gone
(other than Bill and the penguin people).

3) There are more English speakers in India than there are in the US. It is
not just technology that is leaving, it is all work not requiring a
geo-presence. A huge amount of paralegal work has already gone, for
example, not only because it is cheaper but because they work while we
sleep, so it is done faster as well. The IRS is shutting down much of the
Austin facility by the end of the summer and my file clerk position is going
out of the country. This is truly ironic - US income taxes are being
processed outside the country.

The worst thing is that I see no way out of this fix. If there was a
solution, England would have thought of it. I can't imagine a political way
out, nor can I see any change in the market. We are doomed.

I have to work for 16 more years. This is roughly the equivalent amount of
time I spent in high tech, so essentially, I am starting my career all over
again. What should I do? What would you do if you were starting over again
today? I really am stuck...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Emmo" wrote in message

I have to work for 16 more years. This is roughly the equivalent amount

of
time I spent in high tech, so essentially, I am starting my career all

over
again. What should I do? What would you do if you were starting over

again
today? I really am stuck...

I'm very concerned for a lot of other people but I've never been concerned
for myself. I just changed less than two years ago (from writing about
metalworking to medical editing) and I'm 57.

You can change. Stay loose, assess your skills, read (online, if you want)
about how to assess and transfer your skills to another area. Then start
counting jobs posted by category on your favorite employment websites.

And keep your confidence up. You didn't get where you are for nothing.

--
Ed Huntress

PS, I have to work another 16 years, too. My son is going to college next
year. d8-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

As for Bush and the conservatives, the real conservatives gave up on him
long ago. From the Wall St Journal, last October - ""...George W. Bush has
not governed as a conservative (amnesty for illegal immigrants, reckless
spending that will ultimately undo his tax cuts, signing a campaign finance
bill even while maintaining its unconstitutionality). This George Bush, like
his father, is showing himself to be indifferent, if not actively hostile,
to conservative values."

As I have said before, Bush is no longer the issue. He will never run for
office again. People who waste time attacking or supporting him are missing
the point - who will come next? All of you who dislike Bush - are you going
to support Hillary? Who is the Republican candidate going to be?

Great interview with Newt in this weekend's Wall St Journal, who pointed out
that the Clintons only ever lost one election - he believes that Hillary is
definitely electable...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

With the real proposal of having Mexican workers unload Chinese goods in

UAE
run ports on American soil, I think a lot of "mainstream conservatives"

are
going to start swimming both directions.

What an amazing turn of events! thud (Ow, my jaw hurts.)

What in the **** are these people thinking?

The quick answer: They aren't. At all. Ever.

Very likely they are, and also very likely that they are right: this company
is probably clean, the UAE government is close enough to the US government,
and the actual involvement of the management company in activities that
could pose a threat to US security is probably so remote, that it's no
threat at all. For that matter, the British company that currently runs
those ports possibly could be more easily infiltrated or compromised, or
simply used, than the UAE company.

I don't know, Steve doesn't know, the press doesn't know, and you don't
know. However, this may be the most extreme example of political stupidity
we've seen since Bush decided to go to war against Iraq.

That's all that's going on here. It's all political appearances and
posturing, playing off our general sense of caution and paranoia about all
Arabs.

We're unlikely to find out if it's really a reasonable thing -- it will be
too overwhelmed by the emotional reaction. But there's no question about the
utter disregard for our sense of security, and for politics.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:15:12 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Steve B" quickly quoth:

"tonyp" wrote in message
. ..

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

Has anyone noticed that the mainstream conservatives
are starting to beat up on the Shrub?

With the real proposal of having Mexican workers unload Chinese goods in
UAE
run ports on American soil, I think a lot of "mainstream conservatives"
are
going to start swimming both directions.

What an amazing turn of events! thud (Ow, my jaw hurts.)

What in the **** are these people thinking?

The quick answer: They aren't. At all. Ever.

After Vietnam, a lot of people, some of them with PTSD, some of them my
friends started saying we needed to all move up in the mountains, and build
up ammunition, and grow our own food and all that stuff.

I figured they were a bunch of kooks.

Then in about ten years, there was all this Trilateralist Buildaberger crap.

What a bunch of hooey, I thought.

In comes Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Then, lately, Cliff and his ilk spouting and spewing about everything from
one end of the spectrum to the other.

Then, I look around. We're GIVING up our ports. We're ass deep in
illegals. Social Security has been robbed blind. Beaureaucrats have stolen
more from us than the mob ever did. Sorry. Didn't mean to get started.

Then, just in the last few days, particularly when I heard of this port give
away, I started thinking,

"HOLY ****, MAN! THOSE PEOPLE WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT ALL ALONG."

It don't look good.

I feel like a puppy whose eyes have opened. The warm and fuzzy feeling is
leaving fast.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"Steve B" wrote in message

"HOLY ****, MAN! THOSE PEOPLE WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT ALL ALONG."

It don't look good.

I feel like a puppy whose eyes have opened. The warm and fuzzy feeling is
leaving fast.

Steve

Holy Jesus, if puppy Steve has been in his warm and fuzzy phase, and he's
coming out ot it, it's going to get pretty ugly in here...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
greybeard

"Steve B" wrote in message
> [...]
..

Then, just in the last few days, particularly when I heard of this port
give away, I started thinking,

Only question I've got is what's wrong with having a US corporation running
the ports? Somehow, that would seem to make sense, and for something with
that strategic importance, should be required by law.

But I guess money talks.

Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

Only question I've got is what's wrong with having a US corporation
running the ports? Somehow, that would seem to make sense, and for
something with that strategic importance, should be required by law.

But I guess money talks.

The main reason is they are not very good at it. DP (the Arabs) runs the
most efficient ports in the world and the Koreans (Hyundai) are #2 with the
Chinese a close third. Port of Savannah is managed by an American company
and it sucks compared to the ports managed by P&O. I can get my anchor
shipments out of Port of New Jersey (run by P&O) faster and with less hassle
than I can Port of Savannah only 150 miles away. American port operators
have acted like they had no competition and now they are at the bottom of
the list for efficient operations.

Like Ed says this is a tempest in a political teapot but it still doesn't
speak very well for this administration's ability to be open with Congress
or anyone else for that matter.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:07:07 -0600, "greybeard"
wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
Then, just in the last few days, particularly when I heard of this port
give away, I started thinking,

Only question I've got is what's wrong with having a US corporation running
the ports? Somehow, that would seem to make sense, and for something with
that strategic importance, should be required by law.
But I guess money talks.
Rich

==============================
One question no one seems to ask is how are these facilities for
sale in the first place?

If these were even partly constructed using public [tax] money
such as by Corps of Engineers dredging, how did these wind up in
private hands to be sold at a profit? AFAIK the New York Port
Authority is still alive. Were the NY facilities under NYPA
control/ownership at one time? If there was a fraudulent sale,
then title should go back to the people that paid for it, i.e.
the people, and the people that sold it should go to jail.

This does however give us a chance to see if "Eminent Domain"
only works against the little people that have something the rich
and powerful want.

Uncle George

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:39:42 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:
snip
Like Ed says this is a tempest in a political teapot but it still doesn't
speak very well for this administration's ability to be open with Congress
or anyone else for that matter.

snip
===================
And to use the phrase "I only know what I read in the newspapers"
didn't help either.

Uncle George
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"HOLY ****, MAN! THOSE PEOPLE WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT ALL ALONG."

It don't look good.

I feel like a puppy whose eyes have opened. The warm and fuzzy feeling is
leaving fast.

Steve

Holy Jesus, if puppy Steve has been in his warm and fuzzy phase, and he's
coming out ot it, it's going to get pretty ugly in here...

What with the neutering and all?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:17:19 GMT, "Emmo"
wrote:
snip
I have to work for 16 more years. This is roughly the equivalent amount of
time I spent in high tech, so essentially, I am starting my career all over
again. What should I do? What would you do if you were starting over again
today? I really am stuck...

snip
I was lucky enough to be adjunct teaching when the HD truck
market [and their need for chasiss/brake components] went
belly-up. I segued into full-time Academia, completed my
doctorate, and finished out in administration. Unfortunatly,
academia is now contracting because of lack of any [real] demand.

What we are seeing is a savage game of economic musical chairs.

The best survival bet appears to be some sort of trade that
exists in both the formal and informal markets, with the
potential for "off the books income," such as HVAC, plumbing, and
electrical. Best bet is to sign up at your local community
college or tech center for your choice of trades, work part time
in the area for/with someone that knows what they are doing, such
as an older semi-retired contractor, and accumulate your tools.

Good luck, and always get the money up front if you can.

Uncle George
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"HOLY ****, MAN! THOSE PEOPLE WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT ALL
ALONG."

It don't look good.

I feel like a puppy whose eyes have opened. The warm and fuzzy feeling
is
leaving fast.

Steve

Holy Jesus, if puppy Steve has been in his warm and fuzzy phase, and he's
coming out ot it, it's going to get pretty ugly in here...

What with the neutering and all?

Nah. My political rants are easing off. I'm just too busy. I found this
new thing. Metalworking. You might want to try it.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

I don't know, Steve doesn't know, the press doesn't know, and you don't
know. However, this may be the most extreme example of political stupidity
we've seen since Bush decided to go to war against Iraq.

That's all that's going on here. It's all political appearances and
posturing, playing off our general sense of caution and paranoia about all
Arabs.

We're unlikely to find out if it's really a reasonable thing -- it will be
too overwhelmed by the emotional reaction. But there's no question about the
utter disregard for our sense of security, and for politics.

Nobdy seems to be picking up on the other issue.

Why don't we as a country have an american company that can manage something
as basic and essential as OUR OWN PORTS!?

We've offshored our shores. Literally.

Exactly how much have we been paying those folks to manage our commerce?

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

They are not being sold. The ports belong to the local port authorities.
Only the contract for management of the port is changing hands. Port
authorities usually just finance and build the ports but they are
notoriously poor administrators so most contract out the operation.

--

wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

We're unlikely to find out if it's really a reasonable thing -- it will

be
too overwhelmed by the emotional reaction. But there's no question about

the
utter disregard for our sense of security, and for politics.

Nobdy seems to be picking up on the other issue.

Why don't we as a country have an american company that can manage

something
as basic and essential as OUR OWN PORTS!?

For the same reason we don't make our own machine tools. There are a lot of
specialties in this world, and this is one we don't do well at, because we
had little competition when it mattered. It's similar to the reason that
they don't build a lot of world-class computers in Europe.

We've offshored our shores. Literally.

Maybe. I'm not sure how much is involved in such "management." It may be a
function built upon logistics, finance, and accounting. Actually, is sounds
like that's just about what it is.

Exactly how much have we been paying those folks to manage our commerce?

'Don't know. You could look it up.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"HOLY ****, MAN! THOSE PEOPLE WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT ALL

ALONG."

It don't look good.

I feel like a puppy whose eyes have opened. The warm and fuzzy feeling

is
leaving fast.

Steve

Holy Jesus, if puppy Steve has been in his warm and fuzzy phase, and

he's
coming out ot it, it's going to get pretty ugly in here...

What with the neutering and all?

Holy cow. Is that what all the barking was about?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:47:16 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

What I dont see discussed much..is that the "ports" being talked
about..are simply container unloading facilities, and not the entire
ports themselves. In fact..as I recall. the "Port of LA" has 6
container unloading facilities..and Dubi is only getting one of them.

Ed has it right (for a change G) The people who sign the paychecks
and utilitie bills will change..but the day to day folks will all
remain the same people. Longshoremen etc etc etc. And as far as any
upper management types that may be brought in..the US and Homeland
Security is the one who approves any visas for those folks..and any
likely baddies will simply be denied one.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 24 Feb 2006 11:03:21 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Ed Huntress says...

[...]

We do have a company more than capable of running those ports.

Halliburton.

Gunner, waiting for the screams to start.

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 19:54:43 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:15:12 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Steve B" quickly quoth:

"tonyp" wrote in message
.. .

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote

[...]

Why do you think I live in a sleepy little desert oilfield town and
work in LA?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

.

Then, just in the last few days, particularly when I heard of this port
give away, I started thinking,

Only question I've got is what's wrong with having a US corporation running
the ports? Somehow, that would seem to make sense, and for something with
that strategic importance, should be required by law.

But I guess money talks.

Rich

If it did..according to the Left..Halliburton would be running the
unloading facilities.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

The ports are US property. Only the Contract for the management of
them is outsourced.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:17:19 GMT, "Emmo" wrote:

I have to work for 16 more years. This is roughly the equivalent amount of
time I spent in high tech, so essentially, I am starting my career all over
again. What should I do? What would you do if you were starting over again
today? I really am stuck...

Try being a 52 yr old guy, with (2) back surgeries, a heart
catherization and no college degrees.

Most HR departments simply fidget in embaressment and give me the Dont
call us, we will call you routine.

And Im rather good in several fields.

Shrug

Gunner, who started his own business as a result.

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 02:01:11 GMT, "Emmo" wrote:

[...]

Condi in '08!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick

Gunner wrote:

We do have a company more than capable of running those ports.

Halliburton.

Gunner, waiting for the screams to start.

Thats what I've been teling a lot of folks. Do you want an Enron
or Halliburton to run our ports? :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

Thanx for your encouragement. My son is a freshman MechE student at UT, so
yes, I have to find meaningful work...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Emmo" wrote in message

[...]

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM