Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Question for Ed H.

On 24 Feb 2006 11:03:21 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Ed Huntress says...

I don't know, Steve doesn't know, the press doesn't know, and you don't
know. However, this may be the most extreme example of political stupidity
we've seen since Bush decided to go to war against Iraq.

That's all that's going on here. It's all political appearances and
posturing, playing off our general sense of caution and paranoia about all
Arabs.

We're unlikely to find out if it's really a reasonable thing -- it will be
too overwhelmed by the emotional reaction. But there's no question about the
utter disregard for our sense of security, and for politics.

Nobdy seems to be picking up on the other issue.

Why don't we as a country have an american company that can manage something
as basic and essential as OUR OWN PORTS!?

We've offshored our shores. Literally.

Exactly how much have we been paying those folks to manage our commerce?

Jim

We do have a company more than capable of running those ports.

Halliburton.

Gunner, waiting for the screams to start.

- Proverbs 22:3