Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default Question for Ed H.

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:07:07 -0600, "greybeard"
wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
Then, just in the last few days, particularly when I heard of this port
give away, I started thinking,

Only question I've got is what's wrong with having a US corporation running
the ports? Somehow, that would seem to make sense, and for something with
that strategic importance, should be required by law.
But I guess money talks.
Rich

==============================
One question no one seems to ask is how are these facilities for
sale in the first place?

If these were even partly constructed using public [tax] money
such as by Corps of Engineers dredging, how did these wind up in
private hands to be sold at a profit? AFAIK the New York Port
Authority is still alive. Were the NY facilities under NYPA
control/ownership at one time? If there was a fraudulent sale,
then title should go back to the people that paid for it, i.e.
the people, and the people that sold it should go to jail.

This does however give us a chance to see if "Eminent Domain"
only works against the little people that have something the rich
and powerful want.

Uncle George