Dave Hinz

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:02:02 -0800, RainLover wrote:

NO. It's not. There's a huge difference between posting "How do I
weld aluminum" to RCM AND metalworking.engineering and posting
"LIEberals Suck" to RCM and, say, "alt.survivalist"

Killfile regexp:
Subject: *alt.survivalist*

Do you see a difference?

Yeah, you want various filters and don't know how to build them. Happy
to help.

If you don't see a difference between the odd automobile post and your
incessant political rants, then you're beyond help.

Then the killfile entry you need is something like:
From: *gunner*

I'm only asking you to be polite and post political discussions in
political newsgroups. It seems that's too much to ask of you. I'm
sorry.

The solution is easy, and only you know what you do and don't want to
see. THis isn't a complicated problem, but you're choosing to dictate
what someone posts. The reality is, you won't have any luck dictating
what _everyone_ you ever interact with posts. The only way to retain
your sanity is to block subjects, senders, and crossposts you don't want
to see.

If you honestly had RESPECT, you'd keep your political posts in
political newsgroups. When you say "respectfully", it drips with
sarcasm.

James, he is good about putting OT: in the subject. That convention was
come up with decades ago for Usenet, to make it easy to filter. Feel
free to keep pushing the rock up the hill if you want, but you won't get
anywhere.

Gunner Asch

On 14 Nov 2005 05:05:05 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Now when they get exonerated, will you be willing to slit your belly?

Ah no, we're back to the Ed Meese school of jusriprudence then.

ALL good republicans ascribe to this.

The LEO never charge innocent folks.

LOL.

So they've been tried and convicted by their own.

Jim

They have? Cites?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

So they've been tried and convicted by their own.

They have? Cites?

That's Ed Meese's famous quote. When he was the AG under
reagan, he spouted off with that quote. He actually said
that.

So if an 'honest as the day is long' republican's word
is good enough for me, then my word has to be good
enough for you!

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner Asch

On 14 Nov 2005 12:37:28 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

So they've been tried and convicted by their own.

They have? Cites?

That's Ed Meese's famous quote. When he was the AG under
reagan, he spouted off with that quote. He actually said
that.

So if an 'honest as the day is long' republican's word
is good enough for me, then my word has to be good
enough for you!

Jim

Nice subject change. Now about the wailing and gnashing of teeth
again...

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Nice subject change. Now about the wailing and gnashing of teeth
again...

Ah, that. Let's just say that delay's name in certain circles
is 'little bitty titty baby.' I understand that's a common
label stuck on wailers in texas.

Oh the outrage.

Oh the humanity.

Oh, how come that guy's got my seat and won't give it up??

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner Asch

On 15 Nov 2005 05:43:44 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Nice subject change. Now about the wailing and gnashing of teeth
again...

Ah, that. Let's just say that delay's name in certain circles
is 'little bitty titty baby.' I understand that's a common
label stuck on wailers in texas.

Yup. You Dems always were a foul mouthed bunch.

Oh the outrage.

Oh the humanity.

Oh, how come that guy's got my seat and won't give it up??

Jim

So when Delay walks after having been proven not guilty, are you
willing to put a bullet into Earles skull for having wasted the
taxpayers money again and again and again..and for once again..proving
that Democrat partisan politics is as low as whale **** on the ocean
floor?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

So when Delay walks after having been proven not guilty, are you
willing to put a bullet into Earles skull for having wasted the
taxpayers money

Gunner, gunner. You need to trust your republican buddies.

Stop, sit down, relax, have a mountain dew, and think like
Ed Meese. If they charged him, he's guilty. You just need
to trust 'ol Ed!

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner

On 15 Nov 2005 12:33:22 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

So when Delay walks after having been proven not guilty, are you
willing to put a bullet into Earles skull for having wasted the
taxpayers money

Gunner, gunner. You need to trust your republican buddies.

Stop, sit down, relax, have a mountain dew, and think like
Ed Meese. If they charged him, he's guilty. You just need
to trust 'ol Ed!

Jim

Oddly enough Jimbo...based on the rhetoric of the Left the last 10-15
yrs..the charge is simply enough. Btw...I wonder...will Delay have to
pay more or less than the average Democrat, before Earle drops the
charges?

Speaking of which...I wonder how much he spent of the taxpayers money
before he dropped the charges on kay Baily Huttenson?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Scott Moore

RainLover wrote On 11/11/05 08:34,:
Hey Gunner,

I know you are very politically active, but could you please
reconsider including the metalworking newsgroups in your crossposting?
It's a simple matter to remove them before replying... or when
starting a post, keeping metalworking OUT of the list.

Hey rainlover,

Why don't you learn to use your newsreader properly for a change,
then you can killfile gunner if you don't feel like reading him.

Ya little Nazi censorship ****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:03:19 -0800, Scott Moore wrote:

Hey rainlover,
Why don't you learn to use your newsreader properly for a change,
then you can killfile gunner if you don't feel like reading him.

Yeah, I suggested that, even gave him working regexp filters. He
was...less than receptive... his problem, not ours.

Ya little Nazi censorship ****.

Funny how people feel they can come in and tell people how things work,
isn't it?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

You take one lousy week off to joint Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner Asch writes on Sat, 12 Nov
2005 08:01:38 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:32:17 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:
The worst I can say about Gunner is he interjects some of his OT political
bantering in the middle of long threads started by "hit collecting" trolls.
IMO, it would be much more appropriate in keeping with the letter, if not
the spirit, of usenet if Gunner would open posts under his own name. I
don't mean Gunner is trying to hide anything. Not at all. It's just that
he is adding roughage to the diets of trolls. I can hear it now; Iggy says
to Beanie Copter, "Hey can you believe it, I opened a thread on RCM and some
clown named Gunner soon blew it up to over 200 hits. Wooohooo!"

Bob Swinney

Bob...If by injecting a bit of my halfwitted buffoonery into a
thread..and others participate and it grows to 200 hits...it begs the
question:

Are they having a good time?
Do I have a large caliber handgun stuck in their ear to make them
post?
Is it contagious?

The answer of course is "shopping", or "42"

Or when in Pomona, "47". Why, I don't know, he's on third, and I don't
give a darn.
--
pyotr filipivich
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.