Dave Hinz

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:02:02 -0800, RainLover wrote:

NO. It's not. There's a huge difference between posting "How do I
weld aluminum" to RCM AND metalworking.engineering and posting
"LIEberals Suck" to RCM and, say, "alt.survivalist"

Killfile regexp:
Subject: *alt.survivalist*

Do you see a difference?

Yeah, you want various filters and don't know how to build them. Happy
to help.

If you don't see a difference between the odd automobile post and your
incessant political rants, then you're beyond help.

Then the killfile entry you need is something like:
From: *gunner*

I'm only asking you to be polite and post political discussions in
political newsgroups. It seems that's too much to ask of you. I'm
sorry.

The solution is easy, and only you know what you do and don't want to
see. THis isn't a complicated problem, but you're choosing to dictate
what someone posts. The reality is, you won't have any luck dictating
what _everyone_ you ever interact with posts. The only way to retain
your sanity is to block subjects, senders, and crossposts you don't want
to see.

If you honestly had RESPECT, you'd keep your political posts in
political newsgroups. When you say "respectfully", it drips with
sarcasm.

James, he is good about putting OT: in the subject. That convention was
come up with decades ago for Usenet, to make it easy to filter. Feel
free to keep pushing the rock up the hill if you want, but you won't get
anywhere.