Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

You take one lousy week off to joint Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner Asch writes on Sat, 12 Nov
2005 08:01:38 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:32:17 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:
The worst I can say about Gunner is he interjects some of his OT political
bantering in the middle of long threads started by "hit collecting" trolls.
IMO, it would be much more appropriate in keeping with the letter, if not
the spirit, of usenet if Gunner would open posts under his own name. I
don't mean Gunner is trying to hide anything. Not at all. It's just that
he is adding roughage to the diets of trolls. I can hear it now; Iggy says
to Beanie Copter, "Hey can you believe it, I opened a thread on RCM and some
clown named Gunner soon blew it up to over 200 hits. Wooohooo!"

Bob Swinney

Bob...If by injecting a bit of my halfwitted buffoonery into a
thread..and others participate and it grows to 200 hits...it begs the
question:

Are they having a good time?
Do I have a large caliber handgun stuck in their ear to make them
post?
Is it contagious?

The answer of course is "shopping", or "42"

Or when in Pomona, "47". Why, I don't know, he's on third, and I don't
give a darn.
--
pyotr filipivich
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.