Cydrome Leader

Default Snap on replacement, warranty etc

Ignoramus3121 wrote:
I have a few broken snap on air tools and I was wondering if snap on
has some sort of a replacement policy like Sears does. IOW, should
they go to a junk pile or should I do something about them. Thanks.

You typed out "replacement policy" so what's IOW?
Roger Shoaf

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Ignoramus3121 wrote:
I have a few broken snap on air tools and I was wondering if snap on
has some sort of a replacement policy like Sears does. IOW, should
they go to a junk pile or should I do something about them. Thanks.

You typed out "replacement policy" so what's IOW?

(IOW = in other words.)

To answer Iggy, if you have a Snap-On product that is broken but not a free
replacement tool, it is probably worth looking at repair options. Air tools
usually can be fixed with a few minor parts, and then they are good as new.

--

__
Roger Shoaf

Important factors in selecting a mate:
1] Depth of gene pool
2] Position on the food chain.

aarcuda69062

In article ,
Ignoramus3121 wrote:

I have a few broken snap on air tools and I was wondering if snap on
has some sort of a replacement policy like Sears does. IOW, should
they go to a junk pile or should I do something about them. Thanks.

Talk to your local Snap-On dealer, many Snap-On branded air tools
can be repaired under a flat rate repair policy.
You won't know until you ask.
FWIW, you can also purchase the needed parts from him (her?) and
do the repair yourself.

I had a snap on 3/4 impact gun and outside power tool repair shops
would not work on them because they when chinese of some foreign brand
I sold it cheap to let someone else deal with it. I was not worth
repairing. good luck let us know what happens Ed

R. Zimmerman

I returned Snap-On air grinders for flat rate repair at a company I was
working at. The grinders were warranted for something like 90 days. I
finally gave up and bought cheap JET imports. They lasted as long as the
Snap-Ons and cost less than the flat rate repair.
We didn't feel guilty throwing them in a box and ordering a new grinder.
After we had collected several of the same model the machinist in his spare
time would make an operable unit from the old parts.
They don't make four inch grinders that can run eight hours a day for
months on end. If they did it would be called a six inch grinder and be a
heavy brute. I tried that tactic too. It worked fairly well but was the
last unit to be picked by people. I couldn't tell if it lasted because it
was better or it lasted because people used it less.
Randy

"Ignoramus3121" wrote in message
I have a few broken snap on air tools and I was wondering if snap on
has some sort of a replacement policy like Sears does. IOW, should
they go to a junk pile or should I do something about them. Thanks.

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:33:23 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus3121 quickly quoth:

I have a few broken snap on air tools and I was wondering if snap on
has some sort of a replacement policy like Sears does. IOW, should
they go to a junk pile or should I do something about them. Thanks.

Break out the Jello Pages and call your local SnapOn dealer. Ask him
the questions you need to about what's wrong with each of your tools.
They are great about new replacements. 30-y/o rusted/dirt-encrusted
things are another thing. Some things are direct, no-question, any-
dealer replacements (as are MAC tools, and I just replaced a 1/2-3/8
adapter through them a few months ago, free) while others might
require you to purchase replacement parts. F'rinstance, they don't
have a warranty on worn-out parts, just broken parts...unless you
can talk the local dealer into honoring it for you.

Good luck, Ig, should you choose to accept this mission.

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris
Clif Holland

wrote in message
oups.com...
I had a snap on 3/4 impact gun and outside power tool repair shops
would not work on them because they when chinese of some foreign brand
I sold it cheap to let someone else deal with it. I was not worth
repairing. good luck let us know what happens Ed

What language are you speaking????

--

Clif

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:15:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus14408 quickly quoth:

Thanks Larry. I am trying to sort through a big box of stuff, and

Oh, hell. Just send that to me. I'll go through it for you.
Don't waste your time, Iggy. wink

there were two of these Snap On air hammers, I think PH45B or some
such. One was quite trashed, another looked okay but did not
work. Some other things labeled BROKE, were actually working. The
working ones I will keep for myself, but as far as air hammers go, I
already have 3 (one from walmart and two from Harbor Freight).

Because I did automotive front-end work, I got a REAL air chisel, a
Chicago Pneumatic with the long bore for SERIOUS, heavy-duty work.
It lived up to its specs for many years and I still have it. The
Snap-Ons may be similar. Working or not, they should sell easily on
Ebay.

For wood and stone carving (which haven't happened yet) I got the
expensive ($6.50 on sale) short-bored HF chisel.

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln
Robin S.

"R. Zimmerman" wrote in message
[...]

Randy,

Every toolmaker at work (150+) is given a pneumatic 4" disc grinder and a
1/4" die grinder. They're from Dotco. Given a drop of oil in the morning,
these things will easily run 8-10 hours per day, 7 days per week, for a long
time.

I think the disc grinder is worth about $1k (Canadian dollars) and the die
grinder about $400.

http://www.cooperpowertools.com/brands/dotco/index.cfm

Dotco tools hardly vibrate at all. The only reason you'd have an issue is
when the stone is unbalanced (undressed or broken).

HTH.

Regards,

Robin