Matthew England

Default How do I find out Warranty service for my Digital Camera?

I bought a 3rd-party Warranty contract for a digital camera that I
purchased a couple years ago (I believe it was a 4-year contract). I
have lost the Warranty information. I am hoping that there are a
limited number of Warranty contract/service providers and that I cold
call/contact/email them to see which one has my contract.

Any recommended warranty service providers? Any other suggestions on
how I can find my contract provider?

Details:

In February 2001 I purchased a Canon Elura 2MC digital-video camera
from amdv.com (which now appears to be out of business...or at least
there appears to be no website at www.amdv.com). I bought what I
think was a 4-year warranty contract with the camera that was
supported by some 3rd-party warranty/service company. I believe I
turned in the warranty card, but I have yet been unable to find the
company/warranty contact or contract info.

My Elura 2MC is fine, there appears to be no problem with it at the
moment. However, I'm trying to proactively dig up this
warranty/service info in case it does break in the future. I suspect
repairs on this gadget will be pretty expensive.

One of the few Elura 2MC links I found on the web:
http://products.consumerguide.com/cp/electronics/review/index.cfm/id/21418

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
Matt
--
Remove the "downwithspammers-" text to email me.

Ryobi - lousy local warranty service, no parts in stock? larrymoencurly Woodworking 22 April 18th 04 06:08 PM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 08:12 PM
Gas boiler service review/advice David Hearn UK diy 1 November 18th 03 05:21 PM
Jet tool service saga Bob Davis Woodworking 14 November 3rd 03 09:42 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 08:27 PM