D Murphy

Dave Hinz wrote in news:3qcv0pFe5bi1U7
@individual.net:

On 2 Oct 2005 08:37:01 -0700, wrote:
I had a snap on 3/4 impact gun and outside power tool repair shops
would not work on them because they when chinese of some foreign brand
I sold it cheap to let someone else deal with it. I was not worth
repairing.

Snap-On is a specific brand, and if they're making tools in China I was
unaware of that. Far as I know, they're all made in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Pneumatic tools are made in Natick, Ma. Have been for quite some time. I
installed several machines there in the late 80's. I was last there in 2002
IIRC. The plant in Kenosha is closed, most of it was consolidated into a
plant north of Milwaukee, and into another plant down south. They are still
investing in new equipment and still making everything in the USA AFAIK.

--

Dan