R. Zimmerman

I returned Snap-On air grinders for flat rate repair at a company I was
working at. The grinders were warranted for something like 90 days. I
finally gave up and bought cheap JET imports. They lasted as long as the
Snap-Ons and cost less than the flat rate repair.
We didn't feel guilty throwing them in a box and ordering a new grinder.
After we had collected several of the same model the machinist in his spare
time would make an operable unit from the old parts.
They don't make four inch grinders that can run eight hours a day for
months on end. If they did it would be called a six inch grinder and be a
heavy brute. I tried that tactic too. It worked fairly well but was the
last unit to be picked by people. I couldn't tell if it lasted because it
was better or it lasted because people used it less.
Randy

"Ignoramus3121" wrote in message
I have a few broken snap on air tools and I was wondering if snap on
has some sort of a replacement policy like Sears does. IOW, should
they go to a junk pile or should I do something about them. Thanks.