Cliff

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 04:19:32 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
wrote:

BTW, Have you ever even seen a jet turbine blade? Any clues
what they are?

Is that an implied sweeping generalisation or do you genuinely not
know?

??

Ok, it was an implied sweeping generalisation and you genuinely do not know.

Loved you comments on steels G.

BTW, Any idea what NGs you are posting to?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 04:32:58 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
wrote:

Cliff, , whose name means "droll, really droll; needs
cash so will **** or suck for peanuts", puled:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:23:47 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
wrote:

Cliff, , whose name means "limp-wristed
androdyke; has serious disabilities; still wears safari suits",
muttered:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:57:06 GMT, Aratzio
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:27:24 -0400, Cliff
transparently proposed:

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:35:26 -0700, mariposas rand mair fheal
greykitten tomys des anges wrote:

how important chromium steel is in things like armor
and jet turbine blades

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

Aluminum or used to be. Pretty much a sandwich now days.

Sorry, not in jet engine turbine blades. Some Titanium in some
of the fan & compressor blades though IIRC.

http://www.msm.cam.ac.uk/phase-trans...peralloys.html

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH! From the page you so stupidly linked to:

"Commercial superalloys contain more than just Ni, Al and Ti.
Chromium and aluminium are essential..."

Did you happen to see "chromium steel" in there for jet engine
turbine blades?

So, let's get this right, eh. In order to successfully argue a case against
you, one must post a link to a webpage that explicitly states that chromium
steel is a component of jet turbine blades?

Happy hunting ..... leans back to take a looooong break

Is that what you wish people to
believe?

You used that link to argue your presumed case. Too bad it said
nothing about chromium steel being used to make jet engine
turbine blades out of.

Otherwise one might suspect that the cluesticks need to be
polished again.

BTW, Many of those alloys are NOT used in turbine blades.

Unsupported claim noted. Maybe you could post a link to a website that
explicitly states that those alloys are NOT used in turbine blades. Hmmm?

Well, as you clearly are just guessing ....

Engines have many parts at a wide range of stresses & temps.

No, ****, Shylock? You know, when I first started work with Qantas many
years ago as a trainee jet propulsion engineer, I wish they'd told me that.

Probably they should have.
BTW, Ever heard of GE or Pratt & Whitney?

I think I asked in another post if you know what groups you
are posting to VBG.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 04:22:12 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
wrote:

Cliff, , whose name means "unpopular and needs to move
on; a ******; likes to call his penis his 'virile member'", reproved:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:20:07 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
wrote:

John Scheldroup, , whose name means "laughs
like a hyena; raging homosexual; likes to call his penis his
'phallic prod'", exuded:

low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Also known as nickel superalloys. The problem for cliffy now is
redefining what he meant by "chromium steel". I predict threadslink.

I'm not the one that posted that jet engine turbine blades
were made of "chromium steel", sorry.

Your apology is rejected.

I'm one of the other guys G.

You are the one who posted:

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

'It' being:

chromium steel ... in things like ... jet turbine blades

Do you still maintain that it is someone other than you who is confused?

Yep.
--
Cliff
Kadaitcha Man

Cliff, , whose name means "falls in love easily; has
really weird erotic fantasies involving vegetables and orifices; likes to
call his penis his 'love pump'", poured forth:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 04:17:07 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
ge wrote:

Cliff, , whose name means "pretentious alpha
female; has right wing Nazi tendencies; feels like a woman trapped
in a man's body", orated:

SermaLoy 1515 is designed to protect components made of
high-strength,
low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Not Chromium Steel., is it?

Stop right there. Major goal-post move, Cliffy. The original claim
was:

how important chromium steel is in things like armor
and jet turbine blades

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

So, you have changed position from chromium steel not being involved
into now trying to force the unwitting poster into admitting that a
nickel superalloy is not chromium steel, /in its entirety/. Just who
do you think you are playing with here, Cliffy?

I know what Chromium Steel is?

Why are you asking me? Don't you know if you know or not?

As well as about turbine blades?

Apparently not.

Not Chromium Steel., is it?

Well, I have news for you. You see, you made two fatal mistakes.
Second came the major goal-post move, and first came the fact that
you did not define the term 'chromium steel',

I'm not the one that used it.

You cannot get out of the stranglehold I have you in, Cliffy.

You were the one who claimed, and I quote:

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

'It' being:

chromium steel ... in things like ... jet turbine blades

It is your problem entirely that you applied a sweeping generalisation borne
out of zero knowledge of what you are waffling on about.

a serious act of omission on your part, which you
now try use to your own, shifty benefit to support the surreptitious
goal-post move. If you thought nobody would notice, you were wrong.
Debate, discussion and rational argument don't work that way,
Cliffy. Rule 1, define the terms being used.

Feel free but get them right.

Take a step back, Cliffy. You are the one that made a claim, remember? I
need define nothing other than what I deem necessary to make you look the
fool that you know you are. And if you don't know it, you must at least
suspect it.

'Chromium steel' can refer to almost any kind of carbon steel from
low-chromium steel to high-chromium steel, and from plain, old
stainless steel, all the way through to ferritic irons and on into
high-nickel, austenitic steels, so on and so forth.

If true, so what?

Take two steps back, Cliffy.

Follow the bouncing ball:

Me: Rule 1, define the terms being used.

You: Feel free but get them right.

Me: 'Chromium steel' can refer to...

You: If true, so what?

Are you an igneous rock, perchance? You're certainly as dumb as one.

So, to state that in different terms, neither the words nickel nor
low-chromium have any bearing whatsoever on altering the fact of
your wholly incorrect claim that chromium steel is not involved in
jet turbine blades.

It's not.

There you go again, making wild and unsupported claims that are just plain
wrong. You cannot claim that chromium steel is not involved in jet turbine
blades without first having a clear definition of what chromium steel is.
And I'm far too smart to let you do it in retrospect.

So, to put it yet another way, claiming that chromium steel is not
involved in jet turbine blades is not much different to claiming
that carbon steels play no role in the manufacture of jet turbine
blades.

NOW you are shifting it to "the manufacture"?
THAT is not what as stated.

Ah, the old "Kadaitcha Man is trying to trap me so I'd better play it that
way" line. That's a bit rich coming from you, who failed to define what you
were actually applying your sweeping generalisations to, eh.

There are LOTS of materials used in their manufacture ..
and lots of diffrerent processes & machines too.

No ****, Shylock? Wow, you're hot, on the ball even. I am completely
outclassed here. I mean, who would expect to see a know-nothing, know-all
dweeb like you trying to teach a jet propulsion engineer to suck eggs, eh.

None of which turn them into Chromium Steel.

And there you go again, even after being repeatedly beaten about the head
with the need to avoid sweeping generalisations and to define your terms,
ther you go, doing it again. Sheer class, that. Sheer class.

To put it yet another way again, just because something is called
'nickel superalloy' does not change the fact that chromium steel
most certainly is involved in turbine blades. Furthermore the phrase
nickel superalloy does not alter the fact that nickel superalloys
can still be a class of carbon steel, no matter how lossely defined
the terms.

Kind of hard to do that if they have neither Iron or Carbon though,
right (except as possible trace undesired impurities)?

So, you now want people to accept your surreptitious get-out clause, which
you failed to define anyway in the first instance, yes? Forget it. Your
get-out clause is rejected. You should have included it in your original
claim.

Anyway, that aside, please explain how it is that, say, NASA's X-750 nickel
superalloy, which has around 15% chromium content, can be classified as
having "trace undesired impurities". Thanks.

Oh, and when you get to it, please explain how it is that, say, NASA's X-750
nickel superalloy, has an explicit carbon requirement to give it an upper
tensile strength in the order of 180,000psi, or thereabouts. Thanks,

And to put it yet another way, you cannot use your non-definition of
'chromium-steel' to now create a gap that you might hope to sail
your puny hobby yacht out of, unscathed or unnoticed; it will
however allow me to create a gap big enough to sail a fleet of fully
armed Nimitz-class Ronald Reagan's through, with enough room for a
full flotilla of 150,000-ton Queen Mary 2 passenger liners on either
side as a guard of honour.

You indeed seem very confused today G.

Metaphor not your strong suit, eh, Cliffy? And daft grins will not get you
out of the headlock you're in.

You can back down and slink off now. Alternatively you may carry on
letting a master of deliberate obfuscation and bifurcation make you
look the fool you really are. Bye.

Don't be too hasty now ...

It isn't surprising that you would write such a thing. No doubt a house
brick could be dropped on your head from a great height and you would deny
that a house brick was dropped on your head from a great height.

Kadaitcha Man

Cliff, , whose name means "perpetual loser; fascinated by
hermaphrodites", shouted:

wrote:

BTW, Have you ever even seen a jet turbine blade? Any clues
what they are?

Is that an implied sweeping generalisation or do you genuinely not
know?

??

Ok, it was an implied sweeping generalisation and you genuinely do
not know.

Loved you comments on steels G.

Pathetic, pithy lines will not win your argument for you. All you are doing
is confirming that you're batting on the losing side.

BTW, Any idea what NGs you are posting to?

Does knowing the NG's one is posting to alter the validity of the arguments
against you, Cliffy?

Kadaitcha Man

Cliff, , whose name means "hasn’t had the genital herpes
treated yet; enjoys getting **** mouthful from old men; likes to call his
penis his 'stocking stuffer'", ranted:

wrote:

[...]

What? Are you awake? You were asked a direct question designed to ascertain
what your required level of proof is and examine its reasonableness,
therefore you assume someone is going to go looking for it?

You really are not clever, Cliffy.

Is that what you wish people to
believe?

You used that link to argue your presumed case. Too bad it said
nothing about chromium steel being used to make jet engine
turbine blades out of.

So, let's get this right, eh. In order to successfully argue a case
against you, one must post a link to a webpage that explicitly
states that chromium steel is a component of jet turbine blades?

Otherwise one might suspect that the cluesticks need to be
polished again.

BTW, Many of those alloys are NOT used in turbine blades.

Unsupported claim noted. Maybe you could post a link to a website
that explicitly states that those alloys are NOT used in turbine
blades. Hmmm?

Well, as you clearly are just guessing ....

Guessing what? That's yet another unsupported claim, Cliffy. Just how many
of theose do you expect to hope to get away with before people see you for
what you really are?

Engines have many parts at a wide range of stresses & temps.

No, ****, Shylock? You know, when I first started work with Qantas
many years ago as a trainee jet propulsion engineer, I wish they'd
told me that.

Probably they should have.
BTW, Ever heard of GE or Pratt & Whitney?

Why do you persist in asking red-herring questions without addressing the
issues against you? Is it because you know you can't address the issues,
Cliffy?

I think

Clearly you do not.

I asked in another post if you know what groups you
are posting to VBG.

And I asked if knowing the NG's altered the validity of the case against you
in any way.

Kadaitcha Man

Cliff, , whose name means "was abducted by aliens; thinks
everybody wants to shag him but he’s a virgin", illumed:

wrote:

John Scheldroup, , whose name means "laughs
like a hyena; raging homosexual; likes to call his penis his
'phallic prod'", exuded:

low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Also known as nickel superalloys. The problem for cliffy now is
redefining what he meant by "chromium steel". I predict
threadslink.

I'm not the one that posted that jet engine turbine blades
were made of "chromium steel", sorry.

Your apology is rejected.

I'm one of the other guys G.

You are the one who posted:

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

'It' being:

chromium steel ... in things like ... jet turbine blades

Do you still maintain that it is someone other than you who is
confused?

Yep.

drops house brick on Cliffy's head

Aratzio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:42:12 -0400, Cliff got
double secret probation because:

wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:27:24 -0400, Cliff
transparently proposed:

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:35:26 -0700, mariposas rand mair fheal
greykitten tomys des anges wrote:

how important chromium steel is in things like armor
and jet turbine blades

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

Aluminum or used to be. Pretty much a sandwich now days.

Sorry, not in jet engine turbine blades. Some Titanium in some
of the fan & compressor blades though IIRC.

http://www.msm.cam.ac.uk/phase-trans...peralloys.html

Hrmm, could have sworn the TF33 used Aluminum. But I was wrong.

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005
Aratzio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:47:21 -0400, Cliff got
double secret probation because:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:03:53 GMT, Aratzio
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 07:18:51 GMT, Gunner Asch
transparently proposed:

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:21:32 -0700, Stuart Grey
wrote:

folks that he sees as successful in business and career.

I don't know Cliff's problems, I suspect he has an agenda.

Agenda smenda. Cliff is a barking moonbat. Fruitcake. Nutbar, fugazzi.
A ****ing loon.

Kill file the twisted bitch and be done with him. I did over a year
ago, and the IQ of the planet went up 3 points.

Gunner

Funny Cliff NEVER escapes from the Gummy Ass kill file but many others
who have also vitually beaten the moralistic coward into submission
escape on a regular basis. To which the Gummer always claims he had to
reinstall software. Yet Cliff...

Funny how that works.

I've got him too very scared G.

Ever since he claimed that guns make you safer and
that the real problems was not enough people with guns ...
based on Lott's absurd claims.

I pointed out that were he & Lott correct we would
have (in the US) the fewest deaths by gunfire when everyone
was out shooting up the place but the most gunfire deaths when
nobody at all had any guns.

Among other things G.

preen
I escaped from the killfile, again. He must have either reinstalled
software, had a worm or is using ANOTHER computer. And yet you remain
in his kill file. Amazing how it works so selectively.

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005
Aratzio

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:20:07 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
got double secret probation
because:

John Scheldroup, , whose name means "laughs like a
hyena; raging homosexual; likes to call his penis his 'phallic prod'",
exuded:

low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Also known as nickel superalloys. The problem for cliffy now is redefining
what he meant by "chromium steel". I predict threadslink.

I thought that was Mariposa that said Chromium Steel and Cliff said
uh-uh.

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005

Aratzio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:17:42 -0400, Cliff got

wrote:

John Scheldroup, , whose name means "laughs like a
hyena; raging homosexual; likes to call his penis his 'phallic prod'",
exuded:

low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Also known as nickel superalloys. The problem for cliffy now is redefining
what he meant by "chromium steel". I predict threadslink.

I'm not the one that posted that jet engine turbine blades
were made of "chromium steel", sorry.
I'm one of the other guys G.

Pretty sure that was what I saw, Mariposa an I were the ones that
****ed that up.

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005
Aratzio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:21:49 -0700, mariposas rand mair fheal
greykitten tomys des anges got double secret
probation because:

In article ,
Aratzio wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 01:07:14 -0700, mariposas rand mair fheal
greykitten tomys des anges transparently
proposed:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals
are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Shocking Gummer would be a fan of something which is anathema to true
American values.

at this point gunner will point out he does not really agree
with neonazi traitorous racists
put he just plucked the quote out of midair
because he likes it

He did.

barry disagreed with the usa on haiti policy
and claims to have diverted us army weapons to the enemies of the usa in haiti

hence the term -traitor- is not applied flippantly
unlike gunners use of the word

arf meow arf - dogs and cats living together

if you meet buddha on the usenet
killfile him

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005
Aratzio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:24:04 -0700, mariposas rand mair fheal
greykitten tomys des anges got double secret
probation because:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 15:06:14 GMT, Aratzio
wrote:

ever thought about finishing this one up and reincarnate?

Please..no. We already have enough slime mold.

The expert upon procreation has spoken.

Gummy's idea of confrontation are beat chest, claim to want to kill
and due to the ensuing laughter at his usual impotence plonk and
runaway.

Care to discuss this mano y mano?

isnt that cute
gunner wants to pretend his killfiled me again

HE DID DAMMIT!

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005
Kadaitcha Man

Aratzio, , whose name means "has four deformed
children; has urges to snoop in the medicine cabinet at someone's house
while visiting", extruded:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:20:07 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
got double secret probation
because:

John Scheldroup, , whose name means "laughs
like a hyena; raging homosexual; likes to call his penis his
'phallic prod'", exuded:

low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Also known as nickel superalloys. The problem for cliffy now is
redefining what he meant by "chromium steel". I predict threadslink.

I thought that was Mariposa that said Chromium Steel and Cliff said
uh-uh.

No, Cliffy explicitly claimed that chromium steel is "not at all involved in
any jet turbine blades." The other problem for him is, he applied his own,
extremely narrow, one-eyed, misperceptions to a sweeping generalisation of
what he assumes 'chromium steel' actually is without ever defining it. As
already pointed out, the term 'chromium steel' covers an extremely wide
group of iron alloys and can actually be applied as a term to describe any
alloy that uses both chromium and iron, irrespective of their relative
quantities.

He has since made claims to iron and carbon being considered "trace
undesired impurities" in superalloys. snort

Kind of hard to do that if they have neither Iron or Carbon though,
right (except as possible trace undesired impurities)?

The X-750 superalloy, with a maximum tensile strength of above 180,000
pounds per square inch, is at least 5% iron, and carbon additive is an
integral component of it. That sort of takes the wind right out if his
little sails about carbon and iron being "trace undesired impurities".

I have Cliffy marked for an induced k0oKout.

Kadaitcha Man

Aratzio, , whose name means "double-jointed
brown-admiral; waste of DNA; has suicidal tendencies; hung like a slave and
celibate", wept:

You did not **** up. Cliffy did, big time.

Aratzio wrote:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:20:07 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
got double secret probation
because:

John Scheldroup, , whose name means "laughs like a
hyena; raging homosexual; likes to call his penis his 'phallic prod'",
exuded:

low-chromium nickel-base alloys

Also known as nickel superalloys. The problem for cliffy now is redefining
what he meant by "chromium steel". I predict threadslink.

I thought that was Mariposa that said Chromium Steel and Cliff said
uh-uh.

actually its about a survivalist kook happily wishing the usa be blocked
from stategically (militarily) important goods

focus people
focus

arf meow arf - dogs and cats living together

if you meet buddha on the usenet
killfile him
mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des ang

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:08:42 -0400, owl wrote:

wrote:

ever thought about finishing this one up and reincarnate?

Please..no. We already have enough slime mold.

The expert upon procreation has spoken.

Gummy's idea of confrontation are beat chest, claim to want to kill
and due to the ensuing laughter at his usual impotence plonk and
runaway.

Care to discuss this mano y mano?

Be careful, Aratzio. This guy reads strong like bulldung, and smart
like bulldozer.

Care to be his second?

is this a second for a kicked ass award or what?

arf meow arf - dogs and cats living together

if you meet buddha on the usenet
killfile him

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:

first this is going to happen anyway
because the oil is going to run out

According to who ? I can find an equal amount of information on each
side of the issue. So far in 700+ messages in this thread, I have seen
No one give any sufficient proof that your comment is true.

so you can anticipate the economic cataclysm that will cause
(see how much damage truly trivial gas price gouging is doing today)

So far, I have not witnessed "economic cataclysm" because of current
fuel costs. Please tell me where I can read about Europes "Economic
Cataclysm" when their fuel costs went to an equivelent of $4-$5 per
gallon.

and it would make good economic sense to develope and predeploy alternatives

In 700+ posts in this thread, I have NOT seen ANYONE say it is a bad
idea to explore, invent, deploy or promote alternatives. I HAVE seen
MANY people who make it look as if they feel alternatives are not
necessary, but in reality, no one has ever indicated that. (It would
help if those acting this way would recognize that)

second this continues to make the usa dependent
on various hostile unfriendly and-or unstable countries like
russia and iran and suadi arabia and venezula

If what some call "Tree Huggers" would stop filing a lawsuit every time
a company wants to look for LOCAL oil, maybe, just maybe we would have
some. (Now, do NOT jump off the edge claiming that I do not want to
stop burning oil or look for alternatives -- sheez!)

amd it make good military sense not to get tied down in endless petty conflicts
like farc in columbia or al qaeda in iraq

I do not support the war, nor do I oppose it. It is called NEUTRALITY,
and I am entitled to it. I AM smart enough to look at HISTORY and
realize that past wars do have a lot to do with who associates, who
gets along with, who can be relied on in current world standings. War
is a part of humankind and will likely continue no matter what YOU or I
do..... Why ?? We are not "In Charge"........ Neve will be.

third the proposed temporary solution is to drill oil everywhere in the usa
which can only postpone the crisis a decade or so

The proof that there is only a decades worth of Oil ????

and will destroy property that wouldve been valuable for other uses
such as farming or fishing or residences

Proof that current oil wells have destroyed their surroundings ?
Proof that someone really wants to LIVE in the 2000 sq miles they
wanted to drill in up in ice country ?? Proof that the land has a
"value", MORE VALUABLE than the "Economic CATACLYSM" you claim we will
end up with ??

(Seems to me if we are going to go thru an economic Cataclysm, we might
be better of drilling, even IF it gets some oil on the ground where
farms, fishing or residences MIGHT want to be. Give me a reason why we
just can't "Mop Up" when we leave. Current "clean up" operations do a
heck of a job.

much as clear cutting forests is ruining salmon fisherman on the pacific coast

I would blame that on ALL the rich people who "want a new house", and,
in case you do not know, they come from ALL political parties, some
even CONVINCED that global Warming exists....... Of course, we are
growing in population and people need residences. Have you moved into a
grass hut yet ??

fourth there is no evidence to date that alternatives will be ruinous

I have read plenty of stuff that points out creation of batteries and
the chemicals they use as well as solar panels, leave MUCH to be
desired in regards being truly "Green". "Alternatives" currently
connected to "Electric" vehicles mean Coal Burning or Natural Gas
burning powerplants. Same for Hydrogen.

I have said it before... I think STEAM powered cars would be a great
start. If you doubt its efficiency, spend a few hours on Abner Doble
and William Besler. They claimed they can burn the fuel COMPLETELY,
leaving no emmissions. Big and Bulky ? Not at all. Boilers have been
made to provide 75HP worth of steam (750psi - 750 degrees) in a 12"
cube. MULTI-fuel capability, so a lot of "Greener" fuels could be
instantly applied. For a real kick, read about Beslers "Steam Flight".
Excellent stuff!

except to the pocketbooks of rich republicans who havent divested exxon yet

You have to Get off it. It makes you look like the lunatic fringe you
do not want to be connected to. This is what gives you away as having
agendas.

Looking at things from "dead center", A LOT of people get paid and feed
their families with Oil money. I have friends who drive truck hauling
fuel. They are all jobs that have to be done, and they will NOT be
replaced abruptly. You want "Cataclysmic" ?? Imagine the complete
shutdown of the oil industry. No plastics (you'd be brushing your teeth
with fine mule scrotum hair glued to a stick), No nothing. This is
going to take time, and a good leader ALREADY KNOWS that.

there is evidence that the protocols will be economic boon or boom

Way too early to bet the bank. I wouldn't be overwhelmingly happy to be
locked in to any commitments in this regard until MORE evidence exists.

and would mkae good scientific sense to pay attention to practical experiments
rather than irrational fear mongering about a vast left wing conspiracy

Youve done your share of pointing fingers at a "right wing"
conspiracy.... In fact, it was pretty clear in your "Rich EXXON"
comments above.

fifth refusing to implement the protocols puts the usa at risk
of not being able to compete economically with more efficient nations

Not enough evidence yet...... patience.... Patience. I have read that
the door is open. Nobody has ruled anything out. It is called "look
before you leap"...... If world financials are finicky, it would be
foolish to jump the gun on anything that even might affect the US. Sure
wouldn't want to start anything "Cataclysmic".

witness the sudden change over to hybrids and smaller cars this month

Yep. I see a lot of newbuyers. Though, I think there are very few of
the working poor sap buying them. Most sales are to people who will not
have it more than 3 years, and are rather well to do. It is currently
more of a status thing.

The Poor rest of us are forced to count our quarters and recognize that
they still are not what they are all cracked up to be, and must use
common sense. If one desires pure "Fuel Economy", todays "hybrids" are
not necessarily the best bang for the buck.

In that taking some things to the scrap yard now cost YOU money to get
rid of it (some batteries, microwaves, TV's, PC Monitors, Etc), I am
going to be very interested in seeing what the actual "COST" is to GET
OUT from UNDER one of todays "hybrids". Could get darned ugly, and YOu
have no evidence otherwise. Remember what your Gramps told you....
"Things are seldom what they seem"

and how much of that business is going to japan instead of detroit

Well, wouldn't it be nice to get some REAL answers as to why Detroit
doesn't have stuff to compete ?
So many jump out in stupidity and say its a conspiracy between big oil
and the manufacturers, BUT......

Its the MARKET that dictates stuff. Obviously, PEOPLE here HAVE wanted
their pickup trucks, NOT Hybrids. The MARKET will dictate what happens
next. If you were in business, don't tell me that YOU yourselve
wouldn't have to cater to what SELLS and build an empire around it
rather than what you think should sell.

none of these points have to do with leftist tree hugging or even global warming

ALL your points did in some form or another. Problem is, So many are
not at all "dead center". Worse yet, there are those CLEARLY "Left",
that are no longer effective in making any sense or carrying on with
any sort of good sense discussion (Cliff for example - he is still
stuck a few years behind with what he thinks is important).

Find me one "Righty" in these 700+ posts that ever said it is an Oil
based world, and we should never stop burning it. I can find a lot of
posts that act as if we should stop immediately with no regard for
anything. The real problem is, while most will acknowledge a raise in
tempurature, no one knows if it really is a trend or evidence for
anything other than that.

All you hear is "Opinions". Like I told ole Cliffy... Show me 100
references that say GW exists, and I can find 100 that says it does
not. How long do you want to argue about it ? Those who are absolutely
convinced it exists stand to make millions IF they get off their
duff and INVENT the answers, and then Sell them to consumers. they WILL
buy into it, not because of Global Warming, but because of POLLUTION.
Nobody wants that. If GW advocates would SHIFT gears and talk about
eliminating Pollution, NO ONE would stand there and act as if there is
none. Duh !

but they are about economic and military good sense

So Get On with it. Invent, Invent, Invent. Get out of he newsgroup and
into the shop !
Help ME build a small water tube boiler so I can drive to work on STEAM
power, fired by CORN if you happen to like that. (I dont really care
about which fuel right now, just as long as it burns truly clean)

which should warm the cockles of your allegedly non-winger heart

And you want people to think your not left of the center line withthat
remark ?? Right......

which could coincidentally reduce man made stress on the biosphere

Hey... I think man makes stress on all that.... A quarry nearby sends
out rock after rock after rock. Millions of Tons... LOTS of weight. If
we take it from here and send it thousands of miles away, are we not
like an unbalanced tire ? Is this what causes the earth to shift ??
(no I do not know, but I AM sure we can find a 100 books that defend
each side of the issue G)

RICH people buy this stuff, both from the "Left" and the "Right".... So
really, what can you DO about it ?
Nothing. Sitback, live your life, relax. Well, and watch people argue
about stuff they can't fix in newsgroups.

Grummy

Cliff wrote:

After that, I'm free to fish G.

I hope you walked to the river..... Sure hate to think of you DRIVING,
adding C02 to the air. I would be shocked to find that you do not
practice what you preach.

I noticed to that you were a "Winner" )
http://www.net-temps.com/contest/winner.htm)

I hope that if YOU won that $100 worth of gas that you would have torn
it up and thrown it away.

Congrats anyhow..

Grummy

Aratzio wrote:

I escaped from the killfile, again. He must have either reinstalled
software, had a worm or is using ANOTHER computer. And yet you remain
in his kill file. Amazing how it works so selectively.

Ah, hey,... Did you ever think that your posts can be viewed from
DIFFERENT PC's ??

I Check mesages from MANY different PC's dependingon where I am at any
given moment.

Some have readers with filters, others do not. So, even I have to deal
with Cliffy Starting OT crap in a CNC group.

Rather simple how it happens if you stop and think about it......

Grummy

Rudy

stop the crossposting please

Rudy

Rudy, , whose name means "has a stupid name;
scavenges at the local dump", declared:

constipated androdyke aches for sedentary slave-boy for knob-jobbing.
Must have massive one-eyed zipper snake. Will consider erotic
bouncy-bouncy and barking spider boring for the right faux-man. Mail me
at

Rudy

Rudy, , whose name means "wets the bed; world wide
slut and really insensitive; ****s with older men", bewailed:

When I have sex for the first time, will it feel as good as I think it
will?

Rudy

Rudy, , whose name means "has fantasies about love
and affection; boring; likes granny porn and into grey pubic hair; likes to
call his penis his 'one-eyed demon'", cussed:

How do you know when you have an orgasm?

Fred Tehbot

Rudy, , whose name means "gullible and easily swayed;
eats pizzas all day, smokes cigars", chortled:

stop the crossposting please.

Well, since you said the magic word. No.

Rudy

Rudy, , whose name means "eats children; sloppier
than a soup sandwich", stated:

I was caught rummaging through the dirty undwear and clothes in the
washing baskets of friends while they were out of the house.

Cliff

ge wrote:

[...]

You don't seem to.

As well as about turbine blades?

Apparently not.

LOL ....

Not Chromium Steel., is it?

Well, I have news for you. You see, you made two fatal mistakes.
Second came the major goal-post move, and first came the fact that
you did not define the term 'chromium steel',

I'm not the one that used it.

You cannot get out of the stranglehold I have you in, Cliffy.

sticks out tongue, produces loud raspberry

Stop panting. You are fogging up.

You were the one who claimed, and I quote:

Stated.

AFAIK It's not at all involved in any jet turbine blades.
FYI.

I'm just a nice guy.

'It' being:

chromium steel ... in things like ... jet turbine blades

It is your problem entirely that you applied a sweeping generalisation borne
out of zero knowledge of what you are waffling on about.

"Chromium Steel"? Jet engine turbine blades?

a serious act of omission on your part, which you
now try use to your own, shifty benefit to support the surreptitious
goal-post move. If you thought nobody would notice, you were wrong.
Debate, discussion and rational argument don't work that way,
Cliffy. Rule 1, define the terms being used.

Feel free but get them right.

Take a step back, Cliffy. You are the one that made a claim, remember?

Simple statement of fact. Ask about anyone VBG.

I need define nothing other than what I deem necessary to make you look the
fool that you know you are.

Naturally not as you don't seem to know the subject at all.

And if you don't know it, you must at least
suspect it.

??

'Chromium steel' can refer to almost any kind of carbon steel from
low-chromium steel to high-chromium steel, and from plain, old
stainless steel, all the way through to ferritic irons and on into
high-nickel, austenitic steels, so on and so forth.

If true, so what?

Take two steps back, Cliffy.

Follow the bouncing ball:

Me: Rule 1, define the terms being used.

You: Feel free but get them right.

Me: 'Chromium steel' can refer to...

You: If true, so what?

Are you an igneous rock, perchance? You're certainly as dumb as one.

Ah ..... but, you see, I know a bit about the subject(s).

So, to state that in different terms, neither the words nickel nor
low-chromium have any bearing whatsoever on altering the fact of
your wholly incorrect claim that chromium steel is not involved in
jet turbine blades.

It's not.

There you go again, making wild and unsupported claims that are just plain
wrong. You cannot claim that chromium steel is not involved in jet turbine
blades without first having a clear definition of what chromium steel is.

Which you don't have? Or is it the jet engine turbine blades? Or
both?

And I'm far too smart to let you do it in retrospect.

chuckle

So, to put it yet another way, claiming that chromium steel is not
involved in jet turbine blades is not much different to claiming
that carbon steels play no role in the manufacture of jet turbine
blades.

NOW you are shifting it to "the manufacture"?
THAT is not what as stated.

Ah, the old "Kadaitcha Man is trying to trap me so I'd better play it that
way" line.

Bait is where you find it.

That's a bit rich coming from you, who failed to define what you
were actually applying your sweeping generalisations to, eh.

Nothing "sweeping" AFAIK .... unless you have a broom
again. Do you?

There are LOTS of materials used in their manufacture ..
and lots of diffrerent processes & machines too.

No ****, Shylock? Wow, you're hot, on the ball even. I am completely
outclassed here. I mean, who would expect to see a know-nothing, know-all
dweeb like you trying to teach a jet propulsion engineer to suck eggs, eh.

When you find one lets's ask them G.

Try this: http://www.asme.org/igti/store/index.html

None of which turn them into Chromium Steel.

And there you go again, even after being repeatedly beaten about the head
with the need to avoid sweeping generalisations and to define your terms,
ther you go, doing it again. Sheer class, that. Sheer class.

Some have it, some don't.

To put it yet another way again, just because something is called
'nickel superalloy' does not change the fact that chromium steel
most certainly is involved in turbine blades. Furthermore the phrase
nickel superalloy does not alter the fact that nickel superalloys
can still be a class of carbon steel, no matter how lossely defined
the terms.

Kind of hard to do that if they have neither Iron or Carbon though,
right (except as possible trace undesired impurities)?

So, you now want people to accept your surreptitious get-out clause, which
you failed to define anyway in the first instance, yes? Forget it. Your
get-out clause is rejected. You should have included it in your original
claim.

Which of us had clue #1 about Chromium Steel?

Anyway, that aside, please explain how it is that, say, NASA's X-750 nickel
superalloy, which has around 15% chromium content, can be classified as
having "trace undesired impurities". Thanks.

At about 7% Iron do you think that it's a Chromium Steel?
BTW, Since when is X-750 a "NASA" superalloy?

Oh, and when you get to it, please explain how it is that, say, NASA's X-750
nickel superalloy, has an explicit carbon requirement to give it an upper
tensile strength in the order of 180,000psi, or thereabouts. Thanks,

At what temp?

And to put it yet another way, you cannot use your non-definition of
'chromium-steel' to now create a gap that you might hope to sail
your puny hobby yacht out of, unscathed or unnoticed; it will
however allow me to create a gap big enough to sail a fleet of fully
armed Nimitz-class Ronald Reagan's through, with enough room for a
full flotilla of 150,000-ton Queen Mary 2 passenger liners on either
side as a guard of honour.

You indeed seem very confused today G.

Metaphor not your strong suit, eh, Cliffy? And daft grins will not get you
out of the headlock you're in.

Is this about Chromium Steel again? LOL ....

You can back down and slink off now. Alternatively you may carry on
letting a master of deliberate obfuscation and bifurcation make you
look the fool you really are. Bye.

Don't be too hasty now ...

It isn't surprising that you would write such a thing. No doubt a house
brick could be dropped on your head from a great height and you would deny
that a house brick was dropped on your head from a great height.

He does not listen much G.
--
Cliff

Cliff

wrote:

BTW, Have you ever even seen a jet turbine blade? Any clues
what they are?

Is that an implied sweeping generalisation or do you genuinely not
know?

??

Ok, it was an implied sweeping generalisation and you genuinely do
not know.

Loved you comments on steels G.

Pathetic, pithy lines will not win your argument for you. All you are doing
is confirming that you're batting on the losing side.

BTW, Any idea what NGs you are posting to?

Does knowing the NG's one is posting to alter the validity of the arguments
against you, Cliffy?

Some probably know about Chromium Steels G.
--
Cliff

mariposas rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des ang

In article dtn0f.84578$tl2.2665@pd7tw3no, "Rudy"
wrote:

stop the crossposting please

Hold me close, don't fear my body. The flesh is weak, in need of touching.
Your hands are hungry for want of knowing.
Your eyes are closed, but still they're showing.
Light the white flags of surrender.
The war is over, the battle's ended.
Like the snowflake in my hand that's melting,
Can't you feel my love?
Can't? Can't you feel my love?
Waiting to be touched? Can't you feel my love?
Like the sky touches the sea, arising, we will be.
Can't you feel my love?

In my arms no fear of falling - we can share my gravity.
See how time will stop forever,
The moment that our eyes do meet.
Light the white flags of surrender.
The war is over, the battle's ended.
Like the snowflake in my hand that's melting,
Can't you feel my love?
Can't? Can't you feel my love?
Waiting to be touched? Can't you feel my love?
Like the moon touches the sun, an eclipse then we'll be gone.
Can't you feel my love?

Capture my senses.
Ravage my perception.
Take me! Take me! Away! Away! Love!

Hold me close, don't fear my body. The flesh is weak, in need of touching.
Your hands are hungry for want of knowing.
Your eyes are closed, but still they're showing.
Light the white flags of surrender.
The war is over, the battle's ended.
Like the snowflake in my hand that's melting,
Can't you feel my love?
Can't? Can't you feel my love?
Waiting to be touched? Can't you feel my love?
Like the sky touches the sea, arising, we will be.
Can't you feel my love?
Love, can't you feel my love?
Can't you feel my love? Can't you feel my love?
Love! Love! Can't you feel my love?
Love! Love! Can't you feel my love?
Love! Love! Can't you feel my love?
Love! Love! Can't you feel my love?
Can't you? Can't you feel my love?
Love! Love! Can't you feel my love?

arf meow arf - dogs and cats living together

if you meet buddha on the usenet
killfile him
Cliff

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 05:22:13 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
rweight.whores

wrote:

[...]

You seem to be melting a bit about the edges.

Is that what you wish people to
believe?

You used that link to argue your presumed case. Too bad it said
nothing about chromium steel being used to make jet engine
turbine blades out of.

So, let's get this right, eh. In order to successfully argue a case
against you, one must post a link to a webpage that explicitly
states that chromium steel is a component of jet turbine blades?

Having fun looking?

Otherwise one might suspect that the cluesticks need to be
polished again.

BTW, Many of those alloys are NOT used in turbine blades.

Unsupported claim noted. Maybe you could post a link to a website
that explicitly states that those alloys are NOT used in turbine
blades. Hmmm?

Well, as you clearly are just guessing ....

Guessing what? That's yet another unsupported claim, Cliffy. Just how many
of theose do you expect to hope to get away with before people see you for
what you really are?

Not guessing?

Engines have many parts at a wide range of stresses & temps.

No, ****, Shylock? You know, when I first started work with Qantas
many years ago as a trainee jet propulsion engineer, I wish they'd
told me that.

Probably they should have.
BTW, Ever heard of GE or Pratt & Whitney?

Why do you persist in asking red-herring questions without addressing the
issues against you? Is it because you know you can't address the issues,
Cliffy?

GG.

I think

Clearly you do not.

I asked in another post if you know what groups you
are posting to VBG.

And I asked if knowing the NG's altered the validity of the case against you
in any way.

Giving up already???
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 05:22:38 +0545, "Kadaitcha Man"
wrote:

drops house brick on Cliffy's head

Do I get a prize?
--
Cliff
Aratzio

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:41:46 -0700, mariposas rand mair fheal

wrote:

[...]

Have I ever mentioned you are a very twisted individual. Do not ever
change!

--

Pierre Salinger Hook, Line & Sinker - May, 2005

Hammer of Thor - July, 2005
Cliff

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:57:43 -0700, Aratzio
wrote:

Aluminum or used to be. Pretty much a sandwich now days.

Sorry, not in jet engine turbine blades. Some Titanium in some
of the fan & compressor blades though IIRC.

http://www.msm.cam.ac.uk/phase-trans...peralloys.html

Hrmm, could have sworn the TF33 used Aluminum. But I was wrong.

Small traces of many metals are used in the alloys.
But anything mostly Aluminum would melt & burn rather rapidly.

No worries.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:59:49 -0700, Aratzio
wrote:

[...]

I'm proud of you G.
--
Cliff
Kadaitcha Man

Cliff, , the livid, fawning flop, and
puppeteer/marionetteer, diffused:

Before I read it, I snipped everything you wrote that wasn't worth reading.
There is nothing left of your post except the following:

Are you an igneous rock, perchance? You're certainly as dumb as one.

Ah ..... but, you see, I know a bit about the subject(s).

--
DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either
my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my goldfish or
my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything;
all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the extent that
you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but you may
not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial publications
without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province; other
copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted, either
deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change without
notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to
actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental;
hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or
spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary; no
substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where
prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as is"
without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full liabilities;
not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity abuse
employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies last; if
defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return to an
authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk;
parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some readers
may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for
children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep away from
sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money down; no
purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are acceptable
in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some assembly
required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no
preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be required
during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal is
broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash, redness,
irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper
ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place; keep
away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes;
avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or store
above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic source;
smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard, second
only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post is
made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals were
used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no salt,
MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies to
peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist, consult
your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when wet;
must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post offer
valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South Australia;
allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane, lightning,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm, misuse,
self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper installation,
broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or altered
serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from
nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing to
aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof, broken
glass, falling rocks, mud slides, forest fire, flying projectiles or
dropping the item are also excluded; other restrictions may apply. If
something offends you, lighten up, get a life, and move on. All conditions
apply. Not available in all stores. Facts have been changed to protect the
guilty.

Kadaitcha Man

Cliff, , the meningeal, snoopy haggard, and person in
charge of public toilets in parks at night, barfed:

G.

You do a lot of that stupid grinning. What asylum are you in?