Cliff

Default Coffee

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:50:54 -0400, fwb wrote:

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:13:16 GMT, DaveG wrote:

How long does it take for the reduction in refining to have an
effect on the amount of fuel available at the pump? I bet it's a lot
longer than the time it took the oil companies to put up the prices.

You've put your finger on a law of oil economics.

Price increase take effect immediately. Price decreases take effect
only when cheaper oil makes its way through the pipeline.

I gather that much of the US Coffee supply was in warehouses
in New Orleans.

[
Meanwhile, consumers may soon begin to pay for Katrina in other
ways.

Take coffee. New Orleans is the nation's second-largest port for
incoming coffee shipments. But redirecting those shipments doesn't
solve all the problems, because the city is also a major coffee
production center.

About a quarter of the entire U.S. stock of unprocessed coffee is
stored in New Orleans. More than half of the Folger's and Millstone
brand coffees sold by Procter & Gamble Co. are made at two plants in
New Orleans.
]
http://www.businessweek.com/sponsors/intercept/zedo.htm

A local store was having a sale .... advertised before
the storm .... I'm good for many months, IF I drink Coffee.
--
Cliff

Mark

"Cliff" wrote in message
[...]

Glad I switched to Tea. Although, I'm sure that will go up also.

Moderate Mammal

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 04:36:27 -0400, Cliff wrote:

[...]

Add to the fact that coffee has be reported to be a superior source of
antioxidents even more than tea.

--
Keith

]
http://www.businessweek.com/sponsors/intercept/zedo.htm

A local store was having a sale .... advertised before
the storm .... I'm good for many months, IF I drink Coffee.

-------------------------------------

Fed up with illegal immigration?
_____

Forums to discuss news items of illegal immigration:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/listarticles.cgi?117
http://www.saveourstate.org

http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/index.php

Indexes breaking news of illegal immigration:

http://idexer.com

Other important links:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frostyA.htm
http://www.rescuewithoutborders.org/index.html
http://www.americanpatrol.com/LINKS/LINKS.html
http://www.vdare.com/links.htm
http://fairus.org/
http://numbersusa.com/index

_____

"Cosmic upheaval is not so moving as a little child pondering the death
of a sparrow in the corner of a barn." -Anouk Aimee, French Actor
_____

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny", Aeschylus (525BC-456BC),
Agamemnon
_____

"I wear no Burka." - Mother Nature

----------
To send mail: remove hutch
Pete C.

Mark wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
[...]

Presumably most every commodity will see an increase due to the
increased shipping costs. Other than produce at your local farm stand
most everything gets shipped.

Pete C.
John Scheldroup

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
[...]

Great hate!, now I gotten go back Wal-Mart. I really hate that big store.
However, since it seems dish soap had not been included on my
shopping list, and my dishwasher went on the blink months ago
any chance that all dish soap chemicals were stored in New Orleans ?
well the answer is NO!. and Nope I am not and will not fix it
one more time. I have already replaced two seals on one obtuse door,
besides, it was a darn noisy contra affair, bu it di do dishes.

Anyway, the appliance distributor also indicated that we will not and
can not order any more of these seals, I told him, that I hate green eggs
with ham.

John

PrecisionMachinisT

"John Scheldroup" wrote in message

However, since it seems dish soap had not been included on my
shopping list, and my dishwasher went on the blink months ago
any chance that all dish soap chemicals were stored in New Orleans ?
well the answer is NO!. and Nope I am not and will not fix it
one more time. I have already replaced two seals on one obtuse door,
besides, it was a darn noisy contra affair, bu it di do dishes.

When my dishwasher starts acting up, I buy her a 4 pak of wine
coolers........

Usually does the trick !!!

--

SVL

Leo Lichtman

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote: When my dishwasher starts acting up, I buy her
a 4 pak of wine coolers........
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A dishwasher is an attachment that you can scre3w on the bed. (I know,
these jokes are sexist.)

Cliff

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:59:27 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Presumably most every commodity will see an increase due to the
increased shipping costs. Other than produce at your local farm stand
most everything gets shipped.

First, you have to have something left to ship ....
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:37:30 -0500, "John Scheldroup"
wrote:

Anyway, the appliance distributor also indicated that we will not and
can not order any more of these seals,

Search on the Net for parts. Make & model number probably
on the paperwork inside the door (take the cover off)
A rotating seal? Measure it & call or visit your local
bearing supply house.
Non-rotating? Always install with some plumber's putty too G.
Or make your own.
--
Cliff
James Askew

What shipping? Southern RR has lost 1.5 miles of rail across that
big lake and they are now searching for the rail in the lake. The
bridge is ok but no track to run on. Of course the rail yard is about
6ft under water right now.

Jim

Pete C. wrote:
Mark wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Sue

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:34:00 -0400, "Mark"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I've always been a tea drinker. I'm gonna put a little advertisement
in here. If you like iced tea try Tejava. Comes in bottles with no
flavoring. It's really good.

Although, I'm sure that will go up also.

Everything will.
Sue

TheAlligator

Cliff wrote:

Take coffee. New Orleans is the nation's second-largest port for
incoming coffee shipments. But redirecting those shipments doesn't
solve all the problems, because the city is also a major coffee
production center.

Time to switch to tea.

Darrell Stec

After serious contemplation, on or about Friday 02 September 2005 7:36 pm

Pete C. wrote:
Mark wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message

[...]

Where is Dave when you need him? His little gizmo flying thingy would have
come in handy for situations just like this.

--
Later,
Darrell Stec

Webpage Sorcery
http://webpagesorcery.com
We Put the Magic in Your Webpages
Thomas Nulla

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:49:16 GMT, Sue wrote:

I've always been a tea drinker. I'm gonna put a little advertisement
in here. If you like iced tea try Tejava. Comes in bottles with no
flavoring. It's really good.

I switched most of my caffeine intake from coffee to tea about a year ago.
I've gotten really fond of the various kinds of green tea they sell in bulk
at the local Asian groceries, and it costs a lot less than teabags from
companies like Celestial Seasonings.

--
Thomas

"Driven by fear, we have succumbed to the age-old temptation to sacrifice
liberty on the pretense of obtaining security. Love of security, unfortu-
nately, all too often vanquishes love of liberty." Rep. Ron Paul, R-TX

Dan

I've got a few month's supply in the freezer. Good Costa Rican dark roast.
The best!

Bids?

Dan

--
"You can support the troops but not the president."

-- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Tex.

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a
clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."

-- Karen Hughes

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the president to
explain to us what his exit strategy is."

-- George W. Bush

- Morpheus
"Cliff" wrote in message
[...]

Sue

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:17:37 GMT, Thomas Nulla
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:49:16 GMT, Sue wrote:

I've always been a tea drinker. I'm gonna put a little advertisement
in here. If you like iced tea try Tejava. Comes in bottles with no
flavoring. It's really good.

I switched most of my caffeine intake from coffee to tea about a year ago.
I've gotten really fond of the various kinds of green tea they sell in bulk
at the local Asian groceries, and it costs a lot less than teabags from
companies like Celestial Seasonings.

For hot I just drink plain old Lipton. Nothing fancy.
Sue

Don Foreman

wrote:

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:49:16 GMT, Sue wrote:

I've always been a tea drinker. I'm gonna put a little advertisement
in here. If you like iced tea try Tejava. Comes in bottles with no
flavoring. It's really good.

I switched most of my caffeine intake from coffee to tea about a year ago.
I've gotten really fond of the various kinds of green tea they sell in bulk
at the local Asian groceries, and it costs a lot less than teabags from
companies like Celestial Seasonings.

For hot I just drink plain old Lipton. Nothing fancy.
Sue

Assam long-cut. Looks like coffee, tastes wonderful.