Cliff

Default Coffee

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:50:54 -0400, fwb wrote:

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:13:16 GMT, DaveG wrote:

How long does it take for the reduction in refining to have an
effect on the amount of fuel available at the pump? I bet it's a lot
longer than the time it took the oil companies to put up the prices.

You've put your finger on a law of oil economics.

Price increase take effect immediately. Price decreases take effect
only when cheaper oil makes its way through the pipeline.

I gather that much of the US Coffee supply was in warehouses
in New Orleans.

[
Meanwhile, consumers may soon begin to pay for Katrina in other
ways.

Take coffee. New Orleans is the nation's second-largest port for
incoming coffee shipments. But redirecting those shipments doesn't
solve all the problems, because the city is also a major coffee
production center.

About a quarter of the entire U.S. stock of unprocessed coffee is
stored in New Orleans. More than half of the Folger's and Millstone
brand coffees sold by Procter & Gamble Co. are made at two plants in
New Orleans.
]
http://www.businessweek.com/sponsors/intercept/zedo.htm

A local store was having a sale .... advertised before
the storm .... I'm good for many months, IF I drink Coffee.
--
Cliff