John Scheldroup

"Cliff" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:50:54 -0400, fwb wrote:

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:13:16 GMT, DaveG wrote:

How long does it take for the reduction in refining to have an
effect on the amount of fuel available at the pump? I bet it's a lot
longer than the time it took the oil companies to put up the prices.

You've put your finger on a law of oil economics.

Price increase take effect immediately. Price decreases take effect
only when cheaper oil makes its way through the pipeline.

I gather that much of the US Coffee supply was in warehouses
in New Orleans.

[
Meanwhile, consumers may soon begin to pay for Katrina in other
ways.

Take coffee. New Orleans is the nation's second-largest port for
incoming coffee shipments. But redirecting those shipments doesn't
solve all the problems, because the city is also a major coffee
production center.

About a quarter of the entire U.S. stock of unprocessed coffee is
stored in New Orleans. More than half of the Folger's and Millstone
brand coffees sold by Procter & Gamble Co. are made at two plants in
New Orleans.
]
http://www.businessweek.com/sponsors/intercept/zedo.htm

A local store was having a sale .... advertised before
the storm .... I'm good for many months, IF I drink Coffee.
--
Cliff

Great hate!, now I gotten go back Wal-Mart. I really hate that big store.
However, since it seems dish soap had not been included on my
shopping list, and my dishwasher went on the blink months ago
any chance that all dish soap chemicals were stored in New Orleans ?
well the answer is NO!. and Nope I am not and will not fix it
one more time. I have already replaced two seals on one obtuse door,
besides, it was a darn noisy contra affair, bu it di do dishes.

Anyway, the appliance distributor also indicated that we will not and
can not order any more of these seals, I told him, that I hate green eggs
with ham.

John