Griz

Default Mad Ex-Wife Selling Big Boy Toys

RF-31 Mill/Drill, BD-920N Lathe, 2'x4'x6" Starrett granite surface plate,
Kennedy 7-Drawer Roller Tool Cabinet, Digital Micrometers and Calipers,
Bore & Height Gages, Webber gage block set, Renco Encoders, ER Collets,
Drill Chucks and lots, lots more.
Get full details and prices at http://tinyurl.com/cqv7x

--
Griz (aka Steve)
To EMail reply delete a letter from each side of @

Don Foreman

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 03:58:23 GMT, "Griz"
wrote:

RF-31 Mill/Drill, BD-920N Lathe, 2'x4'x6" Starrett granite surface plate,
Kennedy 7-Drawer Roller Tool Cabinet, Digital Micrometers and Calipers,
Bore & Height Gages, Webber gage block set, Renco Encoders, ER Collets,
Drill Chucks and lots, lots more.
Get full details and prices at http://tinyurl.com/cqv7x

Whose mad wife might you be? Done some time recently?

No Spam

Griz wrote:
The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some community
property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive he was a big
spender.

No doubt, you have only heard one side of the story. It's easier to
blame someone other than your daughter, but in most failed marriages
there is enough blame to go around. It's just not very classy to trash
your ex-Son-in-Law.

Your lack of class is enough to make me not buy anything, and then I saw
your high prices. Wow! Good luck getting what you are asking!

RoyJ

Spam alert:
http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/store/agora.cgi

Looks like a good story to get someone looking at an ol-line store.

Griz wrote:

RF-31 Mill/Drill, BD-920N Lathe, 2'x4'x6" Starrett granite surface plate,
Kennedy 7-Drawer Roller Tool Cabinet, Digital Micrometers and Calipers,
Bore & Height Gages, Webber gage block set, Renco Encoders, ER Collets,
Drill Chucks and lots, lots more.
Get full details and prices at http://tinyurl.com/cqv7x

HotRod

Give me your "ex-Wife's" home phone number and I'm sure I can workout a much
better deal with her.... NICE SPAM

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 03:58:23 GMT, Griz wrote:
RF-31 Mill/Drill, BD-920N Lathe, 2'x4'x6" Starrett granite surface plate,
Kennedy 7-Drawer Roller Tool Cabinet, Digital Micrometers and Calipers,
Bore & Height Gages, Webber gage block set, Renco Encoders, ER Collets,
Drill Chucks and lots, lots more.
Get full details and prices at

You set up a whole business website for your daughter's divorce sale?
That's either really ambitious, or a hook to get people to follow your
spam.

Randy Replogle

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:41:14 GMT, "Griz"
wrote:

The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some community
property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive he was a big
spender.

Community property? Wouldn't a person be allowed to keep his tools in
order to make a living?
Randy
Griz

The pages I created at http://tinyurl.com/cqv7x for my daughter took only a
few days.
Adding a link to my on-line store was not cool and I have removed it.

--

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 03:58:23 GMT, Griz wrote:
RF-31 Mill/Drill, BD-920N Lathe, 2'x4'x6" Starrett granite surface plate,
Kennedy 7-Drawer Roller Tool Cabinet, Digital Micrometers and Calipers,
Bore & Height Gages, Webber gage block set, Renco Encoders, ER Collets,
Drill Chucks and lots, lots more.
Get full details and prices at

You set up a whole business website for your daughter's divorce sale?
That's either really ambitious, or a hook to get people to follow your
spam.

Griz

I guess I made a mistake by adding the link to my store on the page I
generated for my daughter.
Its now removed.
The "story" is real. The "pain" is real.

--
Griz (aka Steve)
To EMail reply delete a letter from each side of @
Tools-n-Gizmos - http://www.Tools-n-Gizmos.com

ink.net...

Griz wrote:

RF-31 Mill/Drill, BD-920N Lathe, 2'x4'x6" Starrett granite surface plate,
Kennedy 7-Drawer Roller Tool Cabinet, Digital Micrometers and Calipers,
Bore & Height Gages, Webber gage block set, Renco Encoders, ER Collets,
Drill Chucks and lots, lots more.
Get full details and prices at http://tinyurl.com/cqv7x

Griz

Well,,,,, when abuse of spouse and/or children is involved I have no class
at all.
If I had my way the subject line would be "Widow Selling Tools".

"No Spam" wrote in message
Griz wrote:
The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some community
property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive he was a big
spender.

No doubt, you have only heard one side of the story. It's easier to blame
someone other than your daughter, but in most failed marriages there is
enough blame to go around. It's just not very classy to trash your
ex-Son-in-Law.

Your lack of class is enough to make me not buy anything, and then I saw
your high prices. Wow! Good luck getting what you are asking!

Griz

My daughters phone number is on the Mill, Lathe, Granite, Kennedy and
Cabinet page.
Mine is on the More Stuff page because I brought those items up to my place
to take pics and write up the descriptions.

Feel free to negotiate any deal your wish directly with her.

--

"HotRod" wrote in message
Give me your "ex-Wife's" home phone number and I'm sure I can workout a
much better deal with her.... NICE SPAM

Griz

I happen to be a tool freak myself so the thought of someone "dumping" my
tools in a rage does not excite me either. But at this point in the process
they are not "his" tools. And we are trying to turn them into as much cash
as we can to pay her half of debt he incurred. She is "mad at him" but not
to the point of shooting herself in the wallet.

I set the prices at what I think they are worth. If they are high then they
won't sell and we will post them on EBay where the market will decide. I'm
sure she will entertain offers.

--
Griz (aka Steve)
To EMail reply delete a letter from each side of @
Tools-n-Gizmos - http://www.Tools-n-Gizmos.com

"Ignoramus27036" wrote in message
.. .
Steve, with all due respect, a thought of a mad ex-wife selling her ex
husband's tools, and at rather lofty prices to boot, does not make me
very excited.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:35:13 GMT, Griz wrote:
The pages I created at http://tinyurl.com/cqv7x for my daughter took
only a
few days.
Adding a link to my on-line store was not cool and I have removed it.

jim rozen

In article , Griz
says...

I happen to be a tool freak myself so the thought of someone "dumping" my
tools in a rage does not excite me either. But at this point in the process
they are not "his" tools.

Actually the *are* his tools. And hers, too. They're marital
property, and cannot be unilaterally disposed of without some
kind of accounting when the actual settlement happens.
This would be true if there really were a divorce going of
of course.

Jim

please reply to:

Griz

Ok Jim

I guess you know more than I do.
All I have is a copy of the court order that the judge signed while I was
present in court.

--
Griz (aka Steve)
To EMail reply delete a letter from each side of @
Tools-n-Gizmos - http://www.Tools-n-Gizmos.com

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article ,
Griz
says...

I happen to be a tool freak myself so the thought of someone "dumping" my
tools in a rage does not excite me either. But at this point in the
process
they are not "his" tools.

Actually the *are* his tools. And hers, too. They're marital
property, and cannot be unilaterally disposed of without some
kind of accounting when the actual settlement happens.
This would be true if there really were a divorce going of
of course.

Jim

please reply to:

jim rozen

In article , Griz
says...

Ok Jim

I guess you know more than I do.
All I have is a copy of the court order that the judge signed while I was
present in court.

The contents of which are at present completely unknown to us.

All I *do* know is that any attempts at disposing of marital
property while a divorce is pending, without an accounting
when the settlment is reached, is looked at very askance
by any judge.

Maybe the papers say what you think they say. Then you are in
the clear. I myself would avoid purchasing under those conditions,
thank you.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Griz
says...

If I had my way the subject line would be "Widow Selling Tools".

Do NOT do this sir. You are posting this information in broad
daylight and from what I gather the spouse may well be aware
of this board.

Any comments like that from you at this time may be taken in the
wrong light by other parties. I understand your feelings but
you may well be doing more harm than good by displaying them
here. 'Nuf said.

Jim

please reply to:
JohnM

Griz wrote:
The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some community
property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive he was a big
spender.

Got a picture of her to go with the tools? I might take the whole
package if the price were right..

John
doo

If I had my way the subject line would be "Widow Selling Tools".

Do NOT do this sir. You are posting this information in broad
daylight and from what I gather the spouse may well be aware
of this board.

Not that I would abuse my spouse, but if I would have an as overbearing
and threatening father in law as you seem to be in a brief bio, I
wonder what the daughter was up to?
Not to mention:
"This set is complete (one of each size) but some of the pieces have
been replaced by pieces from other sets. Some pcs. are marked "Webber A
croblox", some "Webber croblox", some "Webber Starrett", some "Webber A
croblox L.S.S. Co.", some "Webber Cleveland, O", some "Webber L.S.S.
CO.", one is C.E Johnansson and one is PTW. Most are simply marked
"Webber". "

Damn, how "complete" is a set comprised of many?
That to me is the same as saying I have an original '68 Road Runner,
but the tranny, motor, and rear have been replaced. It's "complete",
but I had to piece the parts together over time, as my crack smoking
wife spent all my money.
LMFAO, waiting for the flame.
Ron

DoN. Nichols

In article .com,
doo wrote:

"This set is complete (one of each size) but some of the pieces have
been replaced by pieces from other sets. Some pcs. are marked "Webber A
croblox", some "Webber croblox", some "Webber Starrett", some "Webber A
croblox L.S.S. Co.", some "Webber Cleveland, O", some "Webber L.S.S.
CO.", one is C.E Johnansson and one is PTW. Most are simply marked
"Webber". "

Damn, how "complete" is a set comprised of many?

1) Most of them are Webber, and the marking in sets does vary with
the size.

2) The C.E. Johansson is of equal quality to the Webber ones,
just a different vendor. "Webber" is the line carried by
Starrett, "Jo" blocks are from B&S. Obviously, "L.S.S" is
another form of "Starrett". Only those marked "C.E. Johansson"
or PTW are of a different brand.

3) When a set has been in use for some time, some blocks wear too
small for their marked size. A re-certifying service will
replace those which are out of spec with others, of different
brands, but will document them in the certificate. I have a set
of (mostly) "Jo" blocks (C.E. Johansson), with some which have
been replaced in the process of re-certifying the set. I forget
who made the most of the replacement blocks, though it well
might have been the PTW mentioned above -- the line that the
certifying service carried for replacements.

As long as those replacements are properly listed on the
certification form, I would consider them to be equivalent to the
original Webber blocks.

However -- if the set had been built up out of rejects from the
certification process, I would consider it to be close to useless.
(Still, probably *much* better than the +/- 0.000050" Chinese sets.)

So -- unless we know what the certification form says, and
compare it to the blocks in the set, we really don't know much, other
than that *some* of the blocks have been replaced at some time by
someone. (I would presume that all of the ones marked Webber in some
form or other are part of the original set, just as some of mine in the
"Jo" blocks set are marked in full "C. E. Johansson, while other are
marked with shorter forms, and the smallest are marked simply "CEJ".

I do agree that most of the prices listed are rather optimistic
especially with no chance to examine what is being offered (as I believe
to be the case with most of us).

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
No Spam

JohnM wrote:
Griz wrote:

The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some
community property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive
he was a big spender.

Got a picture of her to go with the tools? I might take the whole
package if the price were right..

John

Be very careful...I think you would get the father-in-law too!

Adam Smith

Looks like the whole group is suffering from a bit of castration anxiety:
the whole notion of ANY ex-wife selling a guys TOOLS is provoking a fair bit
of hostility.

Might have been better just to have sold the stuff, without going in to the
ex-wife details.

Without any evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe Griz' offer is
what he says it is.

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article ,
Griz
says...

Ok Jim

I guess you know more than I do.
All I have is a copy of the court order that the judge signed while I was
present in court.

The contents of which are at present completely unknown to us.

All I *do* know is that any attempts at disposing of marital
property while a divorce is pending, without an accounting
when the settlment is reached, is looked at very askance
by any judge.

Maybe the papers say what you think they say. Then you are in
the clear. I myself would avoid purchasing under those conditions,
thank you.

Jim

please reply to:

Dave Hinz

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:35:13 GMT, Griz wrote:
The pages I created at SNIPPED for my daughter took only a
few days.
Adding a link to my on-line store was not cool and I have removed it.

Makes you look like you're not being straightforward, yes.

Greg Menke

"Adam Smith" writes:

Looks like the whole group is suffering from a bit of castration anxiety:
the whole notion of ANY ex-wife selling a guys TOOLS is provoking a fair bit
of hostility.

Might have been better just to have sold the stuff, without going in to the
ex-wife details.

Without any evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe Griz' offer is
what he says it is.

People might've taken him more seriously if the prices were reasonable.
Like half of what he's asking.

Gregm

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:17:35 -0400, Adam Smith wrote:
Looks like the whole group is suffering from a bit of castration anxiety:
the whole notion of ANY ex-wife selling a guys TOOLS is provoking a fair bit
of hostility.

Naah, that's not the part I had a problem with, it was "Here, here's
some stuff I'm selling, check out the link, and oh by the way I have a
commercial site that sells tools too". Makes it look like the usual
shill/spam that we've been seeing for more than a decade.

Might have been better just to have sold the stuff, without going in to the
ex-wife details.

Yup. He appealed to greed or sympathy or something, and came across as
a shyster.

Without any evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe Griz' offer is
what he says it is.

Could be, but his approach sucks.

jim rozen

In article , Adam Smith says...

Looks like the whole group is suffering from a bit of castration anxiety:
the whole notion of ANY ex-wife selling a guys TOOLS is provoking a fair bit
of hostility.

Might have been better just to have sold the stuff, without going in to the
ex-wife details.

Yes. But my feeling is that any items sold under these circumstances
run a much higher risk then normal of being sold by somebody who
doesn't own them in the first place.

Jim

please reply to:
JohnM

Ignoramus13314 wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:30:03 -0500, No Spam wrote:

JohnM wrote:

Griz wrote:

The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some
community property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive
he was a big spender.

Got a picture of her to go with the tools? I might take the whole
package if the price were right..

John

Be very careful...I think you would get the father-in-law too!

The one I have now is probably worse, he thinks the same way but seems
to feel he has to act like we're buddies.. damn I hate that, ****ing coward.

and when she gets MAD at you, she will sell your tools!

As long as she isn't perfectly frigid I should be able to manage things;-)

John
*

JohnM wrote in article
.. .
Griz wrote:
The Mad Ex-Wife is my daughter. I'm just helping her sell some

community
property to help pay community debt. besides being abusive he was a big

spender.

Got a picture of her to go with the tools? I might take the whole
package if the price were right..

John

I hope you have an iron-clad pre-nup ready..........