Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I reprogram a key fob? $337.43 dealer quote.

Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2021 12:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 3:59:37 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 5/12/2021 12:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2021 3:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

I recall hearing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrAliUD0ik

and he mentions this place for fobs:

https://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "frank says...

I recall hearing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrAliUD0ik

and he mentions this place for fobs:

https://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/

My car requires the one that is listed as $ 132. Then I am sure you
would have to get a special programmer for it. I doubt they have $ 20
in the thing .

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2021 7:01 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

I recall hearing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrAliUD0ik

and he mentions this place for fobs:

https://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/

My car requires the one that is listed as $ 132. Then I am sure you
would have to get a special programmer for it. I doubt they have $ 20
in the thing .

Did not look at details but just passed on what I heard. I see mine is $58.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:23:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.

The key fobs and such are a big time rip off. They charge way too much
for an item that should be $ 20 and maybe another $ 20 to program one at
the most.

There should be some kind of rip off law on the car parts as to where
they can not charge you more than a certain percentage of a markup over
the manufacturing cost. Over $ 200 just to get an extra key is
redicolus.

If you don't wait untill you've lost one to get a spare and program
it you can do it yourself. You are not "programming the Fob" you are
programming the BCU on the car to accept the Fob. GENERALLY if you
have 2 programmed in it allows you to add a third and 4th with no
problem at no cost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 12 May 2021 12:34:03 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33

Have you looked online? My toyota and my Chrysler had keys for sale
for 10 or 20 for 2 or 3, and fobs not too much more.

Also look online for the instructions to program the fob. The same
instruction might reprogram an old one.

If you buy keys that need registering them to the car, make sure to do
that before you cut them. You can't return them once you cut then, but
if they can't be programmed, and they're still new, you probably can.

I went to a locksmith to have tghem cut. He didn't charge much more
than home depot and I figufred there was less chance he'd make a
mistake. We didn't discuss who paid for the blank if he did miscut it,
but I think it's me.

Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Do you have an interra. Yours sounds alien. Can't buy it; Donny
wouldn't like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 12 May 2021 13:07:37 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 3:59:37 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 5/12/2021 12:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.

Have you seen, for example, this?

https://www.greenwaynissanjacksonvil...igent-key-fob/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No key. Push button start with fob in pocket.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/12/2021 1:07 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 3:59:37 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 5/12/2021 12:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.

Try this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...uX-gS6lpboCQ53
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 2:32:08 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Did my own google search. No key involved but thanks for looking. Found cheap fobs that supposedly work. Need to find out if nissan will program them. Nissan and I do not see eye to eye.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2021 10:20 AM, Thomas wrote:
[...]

References I saw said locksmiths are cheaper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-15, Bob F wrote:
References I saw said locksmiths are cheaper.

These kind of problems are invariably caused by "progressive" DemocRATs.
The sooner we round up Leftists to be eradicated the better off we will
all be.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 3:33:43 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Called 3 of the best within 50 miles. No go. Torbic, Acme and Keystone.