Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Can I reprogram a key fob? $337.43 dealer quote.

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 3:33:43 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 5/15/2021 10:20 AM, Thomas wrote:
On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 2:32:08 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 5/12/2021 1:07 PM, Thomas wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 3:59:37 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 5/12/2021 12:34 PM, Thomas wrote:
Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33
Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.
I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.

Try this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...uX-gS6lpboCQ53

Did my own google search. No key involved but thanks for looking. Found cheap fobs that supposedly work. Need to find out if nissan will program them. Nissan and I do not see eye to eye.

References I saw said locksmiths are cheaper.

Called 3 of the best within 50 miles. No go. Torbic, Acme and Keystone.