Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Can I reprogram a key fob? $337.43 dealer quote.

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:23:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.

The key fobs and such are a big time rip off. They charge way too much
for an item that should be $ 20 and maybe another $ 20 to program one at
the most.

There should be some kind of rip off law on the car parts as to where
they can not charge you more than a certain percentage of a markup over
the manufacturing cost. Over $ 200 just to get an extra key is
redicolus.

If you don't wait untill you've lost one to get a spare and program
it you can do it yourself. You are not "programming the Fob" you are
programming the BCU on the car to accept the Fob. GENERALLY if you
have 2 programmed in it allows you to add a third and 4th with no
problem at no cost.