Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Can I reprogram a key fob? $337.43 dealer quote.

In article ,
says...

Have you searched for what you want online? When I needed keys and fob's
for my Sienna, I found plenty and instructions online. Probably cost me
1/10 that.

I found deals but reprogram is still 115 plus the needed fob keyfor 15. I called 3 locksmiths and they do not do nissan.

The key fobs and such are a big time rip off. They charge way too much
for an item that should be $ 20 and maybe another $ 20 to program one at
the most.

There should be some kind of rip off law on the car parts as to where
they can not charge you more than a certain percentage of a markup over
the manufacturing cost. Over $ 200 just to get an extra key is
redicolus.