Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can I reprogram a key fob? $337.43 dealer quote.

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 12 May 2021 12:34:03 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Have a nissan murano 2011 with only 1 fob.
Have a nissan xterra 2004 with 2 fobs.
Can I reprogram the xterra fob to work for the murano?
They look identical.
Called nissan for a price on murano fob.
Fob is 188.33

Have you looked online? My toyota and my Chrysler had keys for sale
for 10 or 20 for 2 or 3, and fobs not too much more.

Also look online for the instructions to program the fob. The same
instruction might reprogram an old one.

If you buy keys that need registering them to the car, make sure to do
that before you cut them. You can't return them once you cut then, but
if they can't be programmed, and they're still new, you probably can.

I went to a locksmith to have tghem cut. He didn't charge much more
than home depot and I figufred there was less chance he'd make a
mistake. We didn't discuss who paid for the blank if he did miscut it,
but I think it's me.

Key in fob is 15
Program new fob is 115.
Total with tax is 337.43. WTF?

Btw..xterra for sale. 60150 miles. Want it?

Do you have an interra. Yours sounds alien. Can't buy it; Donny
wouldn't like it.