Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Remote gate key fob - clone it?

We have a share of a small holiday flat in Spain, which has secure
underground parking (good for keeping the car cool as well!). The
parking area is accessed via a gate on the road, and both this gate
and the garage door are opened by a remote key fob, which I assume
works on short wave radio or some such.

Ideally I'd like a couple of spares, but the manufacturers are playing
hard to get (plus my Spanish is worse than my German, which is to say
non-existent). Can these things be cloned and, if so, how?

Thanks

Will.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Will formulated on Monday :
We have a share of a small holiday flat in Spain, which has secure
underground parking (good for keeping the car cool as well!). The
parking area is accessed via a gate on the road, and both this gate
and the garage door are opened by a remote key fob, which I assume
works on short wave radio or some such.

Ideally I'd like a couple of spares, but the manufacturers are playing
hard to get (plus my Spanish is worse than my German, which is to say
non-existent). Can these things be cloned and, if so, how?

Modern ones, no. They work on a rolling code system, which changes at
each press of the button. The only way to add a remote is to add it via
the gate and garage doors button for the purpose.

Older single code types can be cloned, but I have no idea where might
do this.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 04:06:34 -0700 (PDT), Will
wrote:

We have a share of a small holiday flat in Spain, which has secure
underground parking (good for keeping the car cool as well!). The
parking area is accessed via a gate on the road, and both this gate
and the garage door are opened by a remote key fob, which I assume
works on short wave radio or some such.

Ideally I'd like a couple of spares, but the manufacturers are playing
hard to get (plus my Spanish is worse than my German, which is to say
non-existent). Can these things be cloned and, if so, how?

Thanks

Will.

search for garage remote key fob spares
and see if that helps.

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
cj cj is offline

Hi
As already posted most work on a rolling code system but you mentioned
Spain.
If you have the fob open it carefully and see if it has a DIP switch either
on the PCB or in the battery compartment.
If so you are in luck as these Spanish systems are coded at the keyfob so
all you need do is order a new fob and set the switches as per your fob.
Would also help group if you could find the maker (should have a name on the
fob)

HTH
CJ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Sep, 22:05, "cj" wrote:
Hi
As already posted most work on a rolling code system but you mentioned
Spain.
If you have the fob open it carefully and see if it has a DIP switch either
on the PCB or in the battery compartment.
If so you are in luck as these Spanish systems are coded at the keyfob so
all you need do is order a new fob and set the switches as per your fob.
Would also help group if you could find the maker (should have a name on the
fob)

HTH
CJ

It's a Mutancode from a manufacturer called Batifuen - can be seen
here on the left:

http://www.batifuen.com/aut_accesorios.htm

I'd rather not buy one from the manufacturer because they're rather
expensive.

Will.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Will writes
On 1 Sep, 22:05, "cj" wrote:
Hi
As already posted most work on a rolling code system but you mentioned
Spain.
If you have the fob open it carefully and see if it has a DIP switch either
on the PCB or in the battery compartment.
If so you are in luck as these Spanish systems are coded at the keyfob so
all you need do is order a new fob and set the switches as per your fob.
Would also help group if you could find the maker (should have a name on the
fob)

HTH
CJ

It's a Mutancode from a manufacturer called Batifuen - can be seen
here on the left:

http://www.batifuen.com/aut_accesorios.htm

I'd rather not buy one from the manufacturer because they're rather
expensive.

You might not have a choice, I think that's a rolling code type and
you'll have to get the access control system (receiver) programmed to
accept it.
Will.

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y
cj cj is offline

Hi
As Clint points out they do look like rolling code but some earlier models
do have a dip switch .As for supply you really are locked to the
manufacturer unless they buy in from a major producer like Erone but even
then Erone will not supply you direct.
Looks like you may be snookered
sorry
CJ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Sep, 00:18, "cj" wrote:
Hi
As Clint points out they do look like rolling code but some earlier models
do have a dip switch .As for supply you really are locked to the
manufacturer unless they buy in from a major producer like Erone but even
then Erone will not supply you direct.
Looks like you may be snookered
sorry
CJ

Many thanks one and all. The manufacturer it is....

Will.

Dremel drill clone SirBenjamin UK diy 5 December 14th 06 11:54 PM
Bridgeport Clone Parts? ATP Metalworking 11 September 5th 05 03:16 PM
Makita router clone ***** Salmo Woodworking 4 April 18th 05 08:10 PM
Menards Shopsmith Clone John Hartmus II Woodturning 2 October 31st 04 05:59 PM