Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Complete 3D House in 5 days?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 7:45:40 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

I was wondering about the wiring.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2021 8:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Interesting. I wonder how practical it is and how much time was added
for plumbing, foundation, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

That is cool. I think the Baltimore Public Library has 3D printers one
can use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 7:45:40 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

I was wondering about the wiring.

And the water supply lines etc.

With the wiring I spose they had conduit installed for the house to be
printed around them.

Not at all clear how the roof was printed at the start of the
roof/ceiling, it would be interesting to see that video.

Also not at all clear how insulated it is. Insulated concrete
is possible but its not clear how well that prints.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

That is cool. I think the Baltimore Public Library has 3D printers one
can use.

Bet they don't print houses tho.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/01/2021 06:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

It looks better than the igloos people constructed with urethane foam in
the '70s that were going to be the futu

https://everchem.com/abandoned-spray-foam-house/

They looked like a malignant fungus on their best days.

I volunteered on a project to build a house out of homasote for a low
income family. A priest had put the project together with funding by the
Albany diocese. He'd built a church out of homasote previously.

It looked pretty good. It was framed with redwood, with Bernie (the
priest) realizing after that fact that redwood wasn't ecologically friendly.

Berine also wanted to use leftover homasote for the basement forms. I
told him it wouldn't work. The cement truck driver told him it wouldn't
work. I guess God told him it would work so he said "Pour!'. After the
forms collapsed we tried to smooth out the mud for a floor but that
didn't go well and resulted in several volunteers spending quality time
with a concrete grinder.

The next day I was down at the lumber yard buying CDX plywood and form ties.

I wonder if it was still standing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile Asshole Alert!

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:50:28 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile ASSHOLE, babbled again:

I was wondering about the wiring.

Nope, you were just feeding the troll again, senile moron! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sun, 2 May 2021 10:45:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Certainly not as ****ed as you are, you sociopathic octogenarian troll!

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 21:10:48 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 05/01/2021 06:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

It looks better than the igloos people constructed with urethane foam in
the '70s that were going to be the futu

https://everchem.com/abandoned-spray-foam-house/

They looked like a malignant fungus on their best days.

I volunteered on a project to...

Oh, no! Yet another lengthy verbose senile bull**** story!

FLUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the rest unread
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.
Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

I'll admit, you'd have to like brutalist architecture to like the appearance.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.

Dunno, only 3 windows visible. I have 13 8x9' patio doors, and extra windows
in the two kitchens and in the two bathrooms and 2 separate dunnys.

Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

Yes, but not very salubrious living in a cave with very few windows.

I'll admit, you'd have to like brutalist architecture to like the
appearance.

Yeah, looks rather like a big white turd with a few windows in it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2021 20:07:14 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/21 5:51 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.
Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

I'll admit, you'd have to like brutalist architecture to like the appearance.

Cindy Hamilton

Like it or not, these are the future. Add some roll up security doors and it will be highly resistant to BLM's fire department.

Remember, the democrats want to delete the 2nd, confiscate your guns, defund the police and release thousands of criminals into your life.

You got voter's remorse yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 6:07:30 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.

Dunno, only 3 windows visible. I have 13 8x9' patio doors, and extra windows
in the two kitchens and in the two bathrooms and 2 separate dunnys.

It sometimes gets down to -21 C here in the winter. 13 patio doors would
be impractical.

Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

Yes, but not very salubrious living in a cave with very few windows.

The picture on this page is not my house, but it reflects pretty well the
amount of area devoted to windows:

https://patch.com/georgia/eastatlanta/bp--the-american-small-house-boundless-possibilities

Similar percentage on each side.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 6:40:13 AM UTC-4, Larry wrote:
On 5/2/21 5:51 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.
Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

I'll admit, you'd have to like brutalist architecture to like the appearance.

Cindy Hamilton

Like it or not, these are the future. Add some roll up security doors and it will be highly resistant to BLM's fire department.

Remember, the democrats want to delete the 2nd, confiscate your guns, defund the police and release thousands of criminals into your life.

You got voter's remorse yet?

No, Larry, I don't. I wish Biden would let immigrants in faster.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2021 8:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Looks like just another prefab method to me. I see printer just making
walls and it is not like they did the work at the home site.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Larry" wrote in message
On 5/2/21 5:51 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.
Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

I'll admit, you'd have to like brutalist architecture to like the
appearance.

Like it or not, these are the future.

That remains to be seen. Automats were claimed to be the
future too but basically we decided that we didnt like them
and they never were. I dont even use McDs etc myself. I do
use ebay, amazon and aliexpress a lot tho.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my
house.

Dunno, only 3 windows visible. I have 13 8x9' patio doors, and extra
windows
in the two kitchens and in the two bathrooms and 2 separate dunnys.

It sometimes gets down to -21 C here in the winter. 13 patio doors would
be impractical.

Nope, perfectly possible to automate having those fully insulated
in the winter with plenty of light in the day. Someone in another
diy group has done that in england.

Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

Yes, but not very salubrious living in a cave with very few windows.

The picture on this page is not my house, but it reflects
pretty well the amount of area devoted to windows:

https://patch.com/georgia/eastatlanta/bp--the-american-small-house-boundless-possibilities

Similar percentage on each side.

Poky little windows, no thanks.

Mine is passive solar, thats why so many patio doors, mostly
on the N side, the S side for you lot in the wrong hemisphere.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:51 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 3 May 2021 03:51:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:51??? And it's trolling time for you ALREADY, you sick senile swine?

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 03:46:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That remains to be seen.

What we WILL see is YOU trolling on these groups like there was no tomorrow,
you abnormal octogenarian senile pest! And hopefully there won't be too many
tomorrows left for you anymore, cretin!

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
[...]

Your picture reminded me of house size changes over the years. A chart he
https://www.newser.com/story/225645/average-size-of-us-homes-decade-by-decade.html
I guess the decrease in size after WWII was due to a housing shortage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2021 9:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote

[...]

Well, I'm below average. Went from 2100 for the past 40 years down to
1583. I could be comfortable with less.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2021 21:33:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

1235 sq ft on 2 stories. plus basement and single garage on 1/3 acre
corner lot..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2021 07:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Your picture reminded me of house size changes over the years. A chart he
https://www.newser.com/story/225645/average-size-of-us-homes-decade-by-decade.html
I guess the decrease in size after WWII was due to a housing shortage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levittown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

Little boxes... White flight from the cities, loan guarantees for
servicemen, and pent up spending from WWII all played a part.

New home construction here is skewed. There are McMansions on 5 or more
acres, many funded by selling out on the California market and fleeing.
Then there are the Levittowns. The houses in the latter are probably
bigger that the original but the construction density may be greater.

Personally I can't imagine living in some of the McMansions. As far as I
can tell the family sizes are limited so it's 2 or 3 people rattling
around in 3000+ square feet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sun, 2 May 2021 21:20:38 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Little boxes... White flight from the cities, loan guarantees for
servicemen, and pent up spending from WWII all played a part.

New home construction here is skewed. There are McMansions on 5 or more
acres, many funded by selling out on the California market and fleeing.
Then there are the Levittowns. The houses in the latter are probably
bigger that the original but the construction density may be greater.

Personally I can't imagine living in some of the McMansions. As far as I
can tell the family sizes are limited so it's 2 or 3 people rattling
around in 3000+ square feet.

More verbose crap by the resident gossip. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 9:33:55 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

The three houses I've owned have all been close to average for the time they
were built (1947, 1954, 1948). But we didn't raise a family in them, so a lot
more space per capita.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

What size is the printer? I don't particularly like the design but that's not
me. Wonder about the utilities and how they are run. Concrete buildings have
always been cold, hard, damp structures. Wonder about the cost and utility
costs compared to conventional construction. According to the article the
country needs all the housing. Babies, immigrants, what?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 May 2021 21:10:48 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

https://everchem.com/abandoned-spray-foam-house/

They looked like a malignant fungus on their best days.

Haaa, good analogy.

Homasote house? O man that stuff was crap. I had a hard time building a model
railroad platform with that stuff...

You have any reference to a Homasote house? What did they use it for;
wallboard, floors? IIRC Homasote has a very poor fire rating.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us
digest...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

What size is the printer? I don't particularly like the design but that's
not
me. Wonder about the utilities and how they are run. Concrete buildings
have
always been cold, hard, damp structures.

Not true of modern concrete buildings done with insulating water proof
concrete.

Wonder about the cost and utility costs compared to conventional
construction.

Yeah, that would be interesting to know construction cost wise.

According to the article the country needs
all the housing. Babies, immigrants, what?

Basically immigrants like with all the modern first world.
Their birth rate isnt anything special.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 May 2021 05:36:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2021 01:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

What size is the printer? I don't particularly like the design but that's not
me. Wonder about the utilities and how they are run. Concrete buildings have
always been cold, hard, damp structures. Wonder about the cost and utility
costs compared to conventional construction. According to the article the
country needs all the housing. Babies, immigrants, what?

Immigrants. White folks aren't holding up their end of the stick. The US
as we knew it will go out with a whimper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2021 01:21 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
You have any reference to a Homasote house? What did they use it for;
wallboard, floors? IIRC Homasote has a very poor fire rating.

I'm coming up dry. The house was in the colorful part of Albany NY. I
can't remember if it was on Livingston Ave or one of the parallel
streets. From a quick look at Wiki it's still about 90% colorful.

I'm not even finding the product I remember. iirc they were in the
neighborhood of 2" thick, tongue and groove, with a white surface,
supposedly weather proof. I'd call the construction sort of post and
beam with large frames that were set with a crane. The homasote or
whatever it was, was used horizontally on the exterior like clapboard
siding.

The beams were exposed, that being where the not so eco-friendly redwood
came it. The floors were hardwood.

I don't know how Bernie the Priest sold the idea to the diocese. Most
of the people involved were from a sort of hippie commune. I visited it
a couple of times but preferred my apartment.

It was a fun summertime project while I was gainfully unemployed. Life
was good until I went home one night to find a note from the chief
engineer of a company I had worked for saying that another company that
we had done a joint project with was looking for me. It was a hard
choice, being summer and still having some weeks of unemployment left
but duty called. I moved to Springfield and lost track. Later another
guy who had worked on the project came to visit, The diocese had gotten
tired of amateur hour and brought in a real contractor to finish it. It
looked good enough that someone with an in at the diocese got it rather
than some random low income family.

That's how it usually goes. I dated a lawyer who was involved with a
project to collect bicycles for third world countries. She admitted that
they high graded the donations and any really nice bike didn't have a
snowball's chance of getting shipped to a ********. I ghosted, having
learned all I needed to know about liberal lawyers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:55:23 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I'm coming up dry. The house was in the colorful part of Albany NY. I
can't remember...

....but you will tell us everything about it anyway, as usual, senile
blabbermouth! BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:18:06 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Immigrants. White folks aren't holding up their end of the stick. The US
as we knew it will go out with a whimper.

Especially with endlessly gossiping senile "Americans" like you taking over.
Man, I never knew that "Americans" like you existed!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 10:18:02 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/03/2021 01:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

What size is the printer? I don't particularly like the design but that's not
me. Wonder about the utilities and how they are run. Concrete buildings have
always been cold, hard, damp structures. Wonder about the cost and utility
costs compared to conventional construction. According to the article the
country needs all the housing. Babies, immigrants, what?

Immigrants. White folks aren't holding up their end of the stick. The US
as we knew it will go out with a whimper.

They've been saying that about immigrants since the second European
arrived in North America.

The only constant is change. All we can do is manage it; we can't stop it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 May 2021 02:46:07 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

And the vast majority complaining about "immigrants" are less than 4
generations from being immigrants themselves. VERY FEW less than 8 or
9. (I'm 8th generation in Canada, 9th in N America, 10th in the
Netherlands and 12th in Germany)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No one has problems with legal immigrants. The problem is illegal
aliens. They are not immigrants.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've never understood that either. It's like when kids build a tree house
or a snow fort and the first job is to make sure no one else can come in.
It makes no sense to me.

Complete House Collapses (after roof falls in) [email protected] Home Repair 24 March 24th 12 09:29 AM
Move finally complete MM UK diy 15 December 28th 04 09:58 PM
Complete List of Articles Published in More Woodturning Fred Holder Woodturning 1 May 18th 04 01:15 AM
COMPLETE TOOL & DIEMAKERS EQUIPMENT to be sold at auction (spam) Glenn Cramond Metalworking 0 May 13th 04 09:19 AM
thanks all 1st project complete James Schenck Metalworking 9 April 19th 04 03:33 AM