Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default Complete 3D House in 5 days?

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 9:33:55 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/2/2021 9:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my house.
Dunno, only 3 windows visible. I have 13 8x9' patio doors, and extra windows
in the two kitchens and in the two bathrooms and 2 separate dunnys.
It sometimes gets down to -21 C here in the winter. 13 patio doors would
be impractical.
Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.
Yes, but not very salubrious living in a cave with very few windows.
The picture on this page is not my house, but it reflects pretty well the
amount of area devoted to windows:

https://patch.com/georgia/eastatlanta/bp--the-american-small-house-boundless-possibilities

Similar percentage on each side.

Cindy Hamilton

Your picture reminded me of house size changes over the years. A chart he
https://www.newser.com/story/225645/average-size-of-us-homes-decade-by-decade.html
I guess the decrease in size after WWII was due to a housing shortage.

Well, I'm below average. Went from 2100 for the past 40 years down to
1583. I could be comfortable with less.

The three houses I've owned have all been close to average for the time they
were built (1947, 1954, 1948). But we didn't raise a family in them, so a lot
more space per capita.

Cindy Hamilton