Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Complete 3D House in 5 days?

On 05/01/2021 06:16 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

It looks better than the igloos people constructed with urethane foam in
the '70s that were going to be the futu

https://everchem.com/abandoned-spray-foam-house/

They looked like a malignant fungus on their best days.

I volunteered on a project to build a house out of homasote for a low
income family. A priest had put the project together with funding by the
Albany diocese. He'd built a church out of homasote previously.

It looked pretty good. It was framed with redwood, with Bernie (the
priest) realizing after that fact that redwood wasn't ecologically friendly.

Berine also wanted to use leftover homasote for the basement forms. I
told him it wouldn't work. The cement truck driver told him it wouldn't
work. I guess God told him it would work so he said "Pour!'. After the
forms collapsed we tried to smooth out the mud for a floor but that
didn't go well and resulted in several volunteers spending quality time
with a concrete grinder.

The next day I was down at the lumber yard buying CDX plywood and form ties.

I wonder if it was still standing?