Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Complete 3D House in 5 days?

" wrote in message
On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 6:07:30 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
" wrote in message
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:45:40 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

Bit ****ed windows wise and bit rough on the inside walls too.

Looks as if it has at least as much area devoted to windows as my
house.

Dunno, only 3 windows visible. I have 13 8x9' patio doors, and extra
windows
in the two kitchens and in the two bathrooms and 2 separate dunnys.

It sometimes gets down to -21 C here in the winter. 13 patio doors would
be impractical.

Nope, perfectly possible to automate having those fully insulated
in the winter with plenty of light in the day. Someone in another
diy group has done that in england.

Every opening in a house is an opportunity for cold air to infiltrate.

Yes, but not very salubrious living in a cave with very few windows.

The picture on this page is not my house, but it reflects
pretty well the amount of area devoted to windows:

https://patch.com/georgia/eastatlanta/bp--the-american-small-house-boundless-possibilities

Similar percentage on each side.

Poky little windows, no thanks.

Mine is passive solar, thats why so many patio doors, mostly
on the N side, the S side for you lot in the wrong hemisphere.