Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Complete 3D House in 5 days?

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 May 2021 11:49:22 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 4 May 2021 02:46:07 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 10:18:02 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/03/2021 01:05 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all
of us to
digest...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

What size is the printer? I don't particularly like the design but
that's not
me. Wonder about the utilities and how they are run. Concrete
buildings have
always been cold, hard, damp structures. Wonder about the cost and
utility
costs compared to conventional construction. According to the article
the
country needs all the housing. Babies, immigrants, what?

Immigrants. White folks aren't holding up their end of the stick. The
US
as we knew it will go out with a whimper.

They've been saying that about immigrants since the second European
arrived in North America.

The only constant is change. All we can do is manage it; we can't stop
it.

Cindy Hamilton

And the vast majority complaining about "immigrants" are less than 4
generations from being immigrants themselves. VERY FEW less than 8 or
9. (I'm 8th generation in Canada, 9th in N America, 10th in the
Netherlands and 12th in Germany)

I've never understood that either. It's like when kids build a tree house
or a snow fort and the first job is to make sure no one else can come in.

That's not really what happened with the USA in the 19th
and early 20th century, even up to WW2 and later than that.

It makes no sense to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My ancestors on one side left Berne Switzerland in 1653 for Speirs
Germany, and from therte to Zweibrickrn in 1672 - and then to
Kennerlanf Holland in about 1695 and from there via England to
Pennsylvania in 1736. They left for Canada in 1807.

The other side of the family left Zimmerberg Switzerland in1449 to
Wydenbach and Kuhweile and Horgenberg / Ober Durenmoos and from there
to Rotterdam and about 1707 to Pennsylvania. and to Ontario in 1819
I'm the 7th generation in Canada on both sides

They were forced to move in Europe because they were Anabaptists and
came to North America for freedom and to Canada for land and
opportunity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You know more of your history than I know of mine. On one side, my
greatgrandparents came from Germany, while on the other side one set of
greatgrandparents also came from Germany while the other set came from
Germany via Odessa, Russia. My grandmother on that side was born on the
ship, somewhere in the Atlantic.

I'm having a hard time being afraid of immigrants, seeing how my own
ancestors were exactly that, not that long ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 5 May 2021 13:36:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I've never understood that either. It's like when kids build a tree house
or a snow fort and the first job is to make sure no one else can come in.

That's not really what happened with the USA in the 19th
and early 20th century, even up to WW2 and later than that.

ROTFLOL! And the auto-contradicting senile asshole did it again! Man, are
you ****ed up!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton

I did not read this whole summary but laws have been around a long time:

https://www.history.com/topics/immig...tates-timeline

My ancestors came from Europe between 1890 and 1910 about when rules
were as I stated. I read an Englishman's book written in that time
period and he envied our system. People do not like hearing this but I
also read in Mein Kampf that even Hitler envied it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 9:51:45 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton

I did not read this whole summary but laws have been around a long time:

You should read the whole summary. Individual states started passing immigration
laws after the Civil War. There's almost 100 years of U.S. history (and something
like 150 years of colonial history prior to that) before the Civil War.

https://www.history.com/topics/immig...tates-timeline

My ancestors came from Europe between 1890 and 1910 about when rules
were as I stated. I read an Englishman's book written in that time
period and he envied our system. People do not like hearing this but I
also read in Mein Kampf that even Hitler envied it.

I'd have to ask my mother (who took up genealogy as a hobby after she
retired), but I think some of my ancestors came here in the early 1700s.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 07:24:44 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/5/2021 2:43 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:

I'm having a hard time being afraid of immigrants, seeing how my own
ancestors were exactly that, not that long ago.

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

There are a lot of US citizens with criminal records, illnesses, or
infirmaries. When I see them being rounded up and removed from the country
I'll be more inclined to look at rejecting immigrants with those
'qualities'.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:55:23 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/03/2021 01:21 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
You have any reference to a Homasote house? What did they use it for;
wallboard, floors? IIRC Homasote has a very poor fire rating.

I'm coming up dry. The house was in the colorful part of Albany NY. I
can't remember if it was on Livingston Ave or one of the parallel
streets. From a quick look at Wiki it's still about 90% colorful.

I'm not even finding the product I remember. iirc they were in the
neighborhood of 2" thick, tongue and groove, with a white surface,
supposedly weather proof. I'd call the construction sort of post and
beam with large frames that were set with a crane. The homasote or
whatever it was, was used horizontally on the exterior like clapboard
siding.

The beams were exposed, that being where the not so eco-friendly redwood
came it. The floors were hardwood.

I don't know how Bernie the Priest sold the idea to the diocese. Most
of the people involved were from a sort of hippie commune. I visited it
a couple of times but preferred my apartment.

It was a fun summertime project while I was gainfully unemployed. Life
was good until I went home one night to find a note from the chief
engineer of a company I had worked for saying that another company that
we had done a joint project with was looking for me. It was a hard
choice, being summer and still having some weeks of unemployment left
but duty called. I moved to Springfield and lost track. Later another
guy who had worked on the project came to visit, The diocese had gotten
tired of amateur hour and brought in a real contractor to finish it. It
looked good enough that someone with an in at the diocese got it rather
than some random low income family.

That's how it usually goes. I dated a lawyer who was involved with a
project to collect bicycles for third world countries. She admitted that
they high graded the donations and any really nice bike didn't have a
snowball's chance of getting shipped to a ********. I ghosted, having
learned all I needed to know about liberal lawyers.

I never learned my life lesson's that fast. It had to be repeated, sometimes
more than once.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 May 2021 20:18:06 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/03/2021 01:05 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2021 17:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2805217/couple-europe-first-printed-house-netherlands/

What size is the printer? I don't particularly like the design but that's not
me. Wonder about the utilities and how they are run. Concrete buildings have
always been cold, hard, damp structures. Wonder about the cost and utility
costs compared to conventional construction. According to the article the
country needs all the housing. Babies, immigrants, what?

Immigrants. White folks aren't holding up their end of the stick. The US
as we knew it will go out with a whimper.

There was another article I read today on this. Down to 1.6 kids per couple
IIRC.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 May 2021 02:46:07 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

[...]

What exactly do you mean by "change" & "manage it" in relation to what?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 May 2021 12:21:45 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

No one has problems with legal immigrants. The problem is illegal
aliens. They are not immigrants.

That is exactly what I was going to post...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 May 2021 22:11:36 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

Go to a local municipality meeting. The people opposing development want to be
the development. Next development wants to oppose development, so on...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 May 2021 00:14:33 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

[...]

Are the ones in PA the pretzel makers?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 04:40:32 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton

I want reparations.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/21 1:12 PM, wrote:

snip

I'd have to ask my mother (who took up genealogy as a hobby after she
retired), but I think some of my ancestors came here in the early 1700s.

Cindy Hamilton

My father's line came from England in 1650 to the Virginia colonies. He
came for the "free" land. The line then moved from VA SC KY TN
IN OH.

My mother, at age 7 in 1926, came with her family from Italy thru Ellis
Is. They came to Akron, Ohio as it was a rubber industry boom town at
the time. (Today, I am told, there no passenger car tires made in Akron)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 2:45:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

In this particular case, the change is in the ethnic and cultural makeup of
the United States. We can manage it to a certain extent, but the press of
immigration is going to make us "majority minority" eventually.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 2:54:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2021 04:40:32 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton

I want reparations.

Stand in line. I think some of my ancestors were indentured. Of course,
later generations owned slaves, so it's probably a wash.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 12:32:45 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

[...]

That's because of illegal immigration and drugs. The country is being overrun
because congress dawdles wanting new voter blocks, congress doesn't want to
address limits or enforcement, congress doesn't want to do any kind of scrutiny
into the drugs being sent from China via Mexico. Mexico is not our friend,
China is not our friend. It's all about money and power. It's all about
feelings and words. Not actions. Manage it doesn't seem to be in any equation.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

[...]

Why is it fine for you to post this stuff in this group, but not anyone
else, hypocrite ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 May 2021 07:35:56 +1000, Joey posted for all of us to digest...

I am special.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

My daughter in laws sister is a member of the DAR and this would qualify
my daughter in law and my youngest granddaughter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They are likely related. As is Hershey.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They are all over the USA now - early on they went to Ohio -and
Michigan and Wisconsin - pretty much across Canada and the USA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 12:33:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

My ancestors had all their property confiscated in Switzerland and
Germany - by the time they got to Holland there was nothing to
confiscate -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/05/2021 01:05 PM, wrote:
My mother, at age 7 in 1926, came with her family from Italy thru Ellis
Is. They came to Akron, Ohio as it was a rubber industry boom town at
the time. (Today, I am told, there no passenger car tires made in Akron)

I set up some equipment in Akron in the early '70s. It was a 24 hour a
day town because of the shift work. Want to go bowling at 3AM? No problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/05/2021 01:32 PM, wrote:
In this particular case, the change is in the ethnic and cultural makeup of
the United States. We can manage it to a certain extent, but the press of
immigration is going to make us "majority minority" eventually.

Maybe it's time to pull a Galt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/05/2021 12:54 PM, Tekkieďż˝ wrote:

On Wed, 5 May 2021 04:40:32 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:24:53 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Your ancestors came in legally, most likely through Ellis Island. Those
with criminal records, illnesses or infirmaries were rejected and
returned to the ships to be taken back. They did not sneak in like is
going on today. These people are not legal immigrants but are illegal
aliens.

My ancestors (some of them, anyway) came in long before Ellis Island
or any concept of "legal" immigrants. Immigration law is a relatively
recent concept.

Before immigration law, of course, they just beat hell out of the Irish
and made sure they couldn't get good jobs.

Cindy Hamilton

I want reparations.

I've never been comfortable asking anybody for anything so I guess
reparations are out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 5 May 2021 22:15:07 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I set up some equipment in Akron in the early '70s. It was a 24 hour a
day town because of the shift work. Want to go bowling at 3AM? No problem.

Wow! I bet that town was perfect for your 24/7 gossiping, wasn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2021 22:24:42 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I've never been comfortable asking anybody for anything so I guess
reparations are out.

Yeah! But you always feel comfortable when you keep TELLING people
EVERYTHING about your smart self. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Wed, 5 May 2021 22:21:13 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Maybe it's time to pull a Galt.

It's ALWAYS time to call a halt to your endless babbling, senile gossip!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

I believe I'm disqualified from the DAR by having been born out of wedlock.

At least, that's my fervent hope.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

I never verified it but according to a county history I read long ago I
may have an ancestor during that period of history. If that is the case
he got out of town and moved to the hills since he was on the wrong side.

Like the Mel Gibson character in 'The Patriot' many of the non-British
colonists didn't see much difference between one tyrant a thousand miles
away or a thousand tyrants one mile away.

One example is Washington, the only sitting president to command an army
in the field, leading an army of revenuers to western Pennsylvania to
collect taxes. The Brits never bothered them.

Dan Shays was another victim of big government.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

DNA tests may tell you something you do not want to know. Mine
uncovered a cousin who was the illegitimate son of a cousin. He was
given up for adoption. Cousin is deceased but her older brother who is
still living did not even know about it.

My daughter in laws sister had her DNA tested and found 2% African. She
told their parents to get tested to see where it came from. I asked my
daughter in law what she thought of it and she said, "It just means one
of my ancestors was adventuresome."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 May 2021 08:01:31 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I never verified it but according to a county history I read long ago I
may have an ancestor during that period of history.

So from WHICH ancestor did you inherit your unsurpassed gossiping talents,
lowbrowgirl?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:11 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 7 May 2021 02:11:37 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

02:11??? And you are up and trolling ALREADY, yet AGAIN, you miserable
forsaken trolling sociopathic swine?

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I don't have any interest in DNA tests. I don't have any siblings,
children, and only one first cousin whom I've never met. I have some second
cousins whom I haven't seen in about 30 years.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2021 7:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

I had one. It had not surprises. My grandparents all came from Poland
and the DNA shows the origins are central Europe.

I have some cousins I've not seen in over 60 years and I'm OK with that.

Complete House Collapses (after roof falls in) [email protected] Home Repair 24 March 24th 12 09:29 AM
Move finally complete MM UK diy 15 December 28th 04 09:58 PM
Complete List of Articles Published in More Woodturning Fred Holder Woodturning 1 May 18th 04 01:15 AM
COMPLETE TOOL & DIEMAKERS EQUIPMENT to be sold at auction (spam) Glenn Cramond Metalworking 0 May 13th 04 09:19 AM
thanks all 1st project complete James Schenck Metalworking 9 April 19th 04 03:33 AM