Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USA, USA

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 08:17:44 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/15/2021 8:14 AM, Heywood wrote:
On 2/14/2021 5:10 PM, Muggles wrote:

The impeachment vote has been held and 7 of the 50 senators voted to
convict. The other 43 were accessories after the fact to treason.

None of them will ever be elected president, that's for sure, not
Hawley
nor Cruz nor Rubio.* Is there any other Rep. senator who had
dreams of
being president?** It will be interesting to follow the careers of
the
others, and the Rep. representatives who voted against the
impeachment,
all but 10 of 200 and something.

If the vote was secret ballot I have to think he may have been
convicted.* The 43 don't have the balls to say what they really
think and just go with the Trump line out of fear.* Shame on them.

They could not legally impeach a private citizen for any reason.

Correct, that is why they impeached Trump while he was president.* He
was a private citizen for the trial though, but still impeached.

They began a process while he was still president, but they did not
actually finish that process until AFTER he was a private citizen.
The impeachment was NOT legitimate, period.

So he was protected by the calendar.* Great logic.

He was protected by Mitch McConnell who refused to do his job and call
the Senate in immediately to try the case. He let trumps term run out,
then declared the only reason he did not vote to convict was because his
term had run out.

Your buddy Nancy or Schumer were the ones that screwed it up. The were the
masters of the house where it had to start. Probably in an ice cream slumber.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2021 1:50 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 08:17:44 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/15/2021 8:14 AM, Heywood wrote:
On 2/14/2021 5:10 PM, Muggles wrote:

The impeachment vote has been held and 7 of the 50 senators voted to
convict. The other 43 were accessories after the fact to treason.

None of them will ever be elected president, that's for sure, not
Hawley
nor Cruz nor Rubio.Â* Is there any other Rep. senator who had
dreams of
being president?Â*Â* It will be interesting to follow the careers of
the
others, and the Rep. representatives who voted against the
impeachment,
all but 10 of 200 and something.

If the vote was secret ballot I have to think he may have been
convicted.Â* The 43 don't have the balls to say what they really
think and just go with the Trump line out of fear.Â* Shame on them.

They could not legally impeach a private citizen for any reason.

Correct, that is why they impeached Trump while he was president.Â* He
was a private citizen for the trial though, but still impeached.

They began a process while he was still president, but they did not
actually finish that process until AFTER he was a private citizen.
The impeachment was NOT legitimate, period.

So he was protected by the calendar.Â* Great logic.

He was protected by Mitch McConnell who refused to do his job and call
the Senate in immediately to try the case. He let trumps term run out,
then declared the only reason he did not vote to convict was because his
term had run out.

Your buddy Nancy or Schumer were the ones that screwed it up. The were the
masters of the house where it had to start. Probably in an ice cream slumber.

They were clearly rold by McConnell that he would NOT call the Senate
back to try the case. That was purely HIS decision.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2021 1:33 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 12:52:44 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/14/2021 11:45 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/13/2021 3:51 PM, Heywood wrote:
On 2/13/2021 4:36 PM, micky wrote:
I was watching this video, of Eugene Goodman, the Capitol policeman, and
what struck me is all those traitors chanting USA, USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP6T9kGtooM

another video that includes this scene, but I found too depressing to
watch more than a little bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWJO02nNsY

The impeachment vote has been held and 7 of the 50 senators voted to
convict. The other 43 were accessories after the fact to treason.

None of them will ever be elected president, that's for sure, not Hawley
nor Cruz nor Rubio.Â* Is there any other Rep. senator who had dreams of
being president?Â*Â* It will be interesting to follow the careers of the
others, and the Rep. representatives who voted against the impeachment,
all but 10 of 200 and something.

If the vote was secret ballot I have to think he may have been
convicted.Â* The 43 don't have the balls to say what they really think
and just go with the Trump line out of fear.Â* Shame on them.

They could not legally impeach a private citizen for any reason.

Correct, that is why they impeached Trump while he was president. He
was a private citizen for the trial though, but still impeached.

I thought that impeachment involved a trial? The rule of innocence is that one
is innocent until proven guilty. They had a trial to impeach him. He was
acquitted so therefore he was NOT impeached.

In the case of impeachment, there does not even have to be a crime.
Dereliction of his oath would be plenty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:28:19 -0500, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 17:51:30 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Now the Democrats have had their useless show trial with the anticipated
outcome, will they get down to work? I doubt it.

This administration is a farce. It is a ****show from the beginning. They are
complaining about the past. What did they do between the election and
inauguration? Obviously no "planning" like they campaigned on. Once again the
Dems have snookered their base. The orchestra plays while the ship sinks.

Because dumb fonnie would not hand over ANY information they were
unable to plan - NO IDEA what Fonnie had done - and HE had done
NOTHING. Biden has accomplished more planning and implementation in a
few weeks than Dumb Donnie did in 4 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The trial is after and separate from the impeachment. He was
impeached twice by the house but the republicansenate refused to
convict him. The seconf time they got close

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:33:00 -0500, Tekkie©
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2021 02:33 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
I thought that impeachment involved a trial? The rule of innocence is that one
is innocent until proven guilty. They had a trial to impeach him. He was
acquitted so therefore he was NOT impeached.

In reality he was. Impeachment in the House is like an indictment. If
you're indicted and subsequently not found guilty of the alleged crime
you've still been indicted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:16:57 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/15/2021 02:33 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
I thought that impeachment involved a trial? The rule of innocence is that one
is innocent until proven guilty. They had a trial to impeach him. He was
acquitted so therefore he was NOT impeached.

In reality he was. Impeachment in the House is like an indictment. If
you're indicted and subsequently not found guilty of the alleged crime
you've still been indicted.

Unfortunately you can't really use legal terms to describe this
process when the "Grand Jury" is the opposition party that vowed to
impeach the president before he took office, the "judge" is the
ranking member of the prosecution and the "jury" is dominated by the
prosecution team.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 4:51:34 PM UTC-5, Heywood wrote:
[...]

Good point. They also had the opportunity for most Republicans to band together,
take a stand, put Trump behind them and get it over. If thirty five GOP voted
to convict, it would be much harder for Republicans to dismiss all of them as
no good. Instead they doubled down on their bargain with the devil and fools
like Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy actually believe they need Trump,
that they need his help, to move forward. This after Trump's help already cost
them the WH, Senate and House and even turned red state Georgia blue
and ended in an insurrection that disgraced the Capitol and the country.
If Trump was trying to destroy the GOP, what more could he have done?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 11:45:44 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Maggie

Trump was the sitting president when he was impeached, stupid. At least that is
on his despicable record, the only president impeached twice, half of all the
impeachments in our 240 year history were Trump's. But heh, keep following him
down the toilet with the rest of the Trumpets, which is most of the whole GOP.
Democrats are cheering.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 9:13:04 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/14/2021 7:17 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

They could not legally impeach a private citizen for any reason.

Correct, that is why they impeached Trump while he was president. He
was a private citizen for the trial though, but still impeached.

They began a process while he was still president, but they did not
actually finish that process until AFTER he was a private citizen. The
impeachment was NOT legitimate, period.

I have not seen it mentioned, but I bet one thing the democrats are
looking at is how it may split off some of the republican party. I am
in NC and know that I would not vote for our senator that voted against
Trump. He said he is not going to run again for senator.

I'd rather vote for someone that can stand up for their principles and
think for themselves instead of toeing the party line.

+1

But it does show how the Republican Party is finished. I left in disgust two
years ago. So happy that I did. Ralph wants vengeance against the Republicans
that condemned Trump and what he's done. The Democrats are very, very happy.
It's still all about Trump, Trump, Trump and most Republicans want more of it.
I predicted this and warned everyone back in 2015, 2016 when Trump started
his run.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 9:23:16 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 21:12:57 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/14/2021 7:17 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

They could not legally impeach a private citizen for any reason.

Correct, that is why they impeached Trump while he was president. He
was a private citizen for the trial though, but still impeached.

They began a process while he was still president, but they did not
actually finish that process until AFTER he was a private citizen. The
impeachment was NOT legitimate, period.

I have not seen it mentioned, but I bet one thing the democrats are
looking at is how it may split off some of the republican party. I am
in NC and know that I would not vote for our senator that voted against
Trump. He said he is not going to run again for senator.

I'd rather vote for someone that can stand up for their principles and
think for themselves instead of toeing the party line.

Trump WILL be held accountable in a "court of law" and he WILL pay
dearly.

For what? The insurrection? You really think Biden is stupid enough to
finish off his presidency by bringing some charges against Trump that
will never result in a conviction? All you need is one Trumpet on the jury
and the criminal case isn't anything like a slam dunk either. Meanwhile
the country would be in Trump hell again for a year or more.

They may convict him on tax fraud or similar shystering, but despite four
years of looking and rumors, nothing yet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 10:24:41 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 2/15/2021 2:56 AM, Fred wrote:

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 13:34:24 +1100, "Fred" wrote:

[...]

Bet he isnt.

and he WILL pay dearly.

Bet that doesn't happen either.

Unless he offs himself first it will.

We'll see...

How odd that it didn't happen before he became prez.

The lily livered coward will likely do
an Epstein if he is arrested and jailed.

He won't be arrested and jailed, you watch.

We are not a banana republic where losers get jailed.

If those that want it get it, it will come back to bite them.

Funny we didn't see you saying that when Trump was running for president,
leading chants of "lock her up". And when Trump was recently lying for two
months about a "stolen election", without ever putting forth any evidence at
all, that sure made us look like a banana republic. Trump even said it himself,
but no complaints from you about that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 4:55:44 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Not according to Fretwell. He says a president could say screw you, I'm not doing
the job for the next 2 years and go off to play golf and he could not be impeached.
Go figure. And what Trump did is far worse than dereliction of his oath. He actively,
aggressively totally betrayed the oath.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They got 57%, needed 66%, they fell short by ten votes. You call that close?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:31:03 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

The trial is after and separate from the impeachment. He was
impeached twice by the house but the republicansenate refused to
convict him. The seconf time they got close

Absolutely. Impeached twice.

Not convicted either time but pretty close the seond time.

Round 1 of the second fight on the bill has started, with McConnell in
pink trunks, and Dunghead Donnie in red, white, and blue striped trunks.

Weighing in at 180, McConnell is in good shape, and Donnie at 270 looks
a little sluggish. But we shall see.

There are a lot more fights on the card, enough to last at least 2
years. Betting has already begun on who will win and if by knockout or
tko.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/21 4:53 AM, micky wrote:
Absolutely. Impeached twice.

Not convicted either time but pretty close the seond time.

Round 1 of the second fight on the bill has started, with McConnell in
pink trunks, and Dunghead Donnie in red, white, and blue striped trunks.

Weighing in at 180, McConnell is in good shape, and Donnie at 270 looks
a little sluggish. But we shall see.

And your guy has trouble walking, staying awake, and forming coherent sentences when the teleprompter crashes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 17/02/2021 11:07, jimmy wrote:
On 2/17/21 4:53 AM, micky wrote:
Absolutely.Â* Impeached twice.

Not convicted either time but pretty close the seond time.

Round 1 of the second fight on the bill has started, with McConnell in
pink trunks, and Dunghead Donnie in red, white, and blue striped trunks.

Weighing in at 180, McConnell is in good shape, and Donnie at 270 looks
a little sluggish.Â* But we shall see.

And your guy has trouble walking, staying awake, and forming coherent
sentences when the teleprompter crashes.

You mean, just like Trump had trouble walking up a gentle gradient ramp?
(It's on video)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 02:53 AM, micky wrote:
Not convicted either time but pretty close the seond time.

'Pretty close' is as good as the Democrats can do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2021 12:08 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 12:56:06 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

On 02/15/2021 02:33 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
I thought that impeachment involved a trial? The rule of innocence
is that one
is innocent until proven guilty. They had a trial to impeach him.
He was
acquitted so therefore he was NOT impeached.

In reality he was. Impeachment in the House is like an indictment. If
you're indicted and subsequently not found guilty of the alleged crime
you've still been indicted.

Unfortunately you can't really use legal terms to describe this
process when the "Grand Jury" is the opposition party that vowed to
impeach the president before he took office, the "judge" is the
ranking member of the prosecution and the "jury" is dominated by the
prosecution team.

Unfortunately the public is as ignorant of the legal process as they
are of science and Democrat politicians take advantage of this to gain
power.

Exactly.Â*Â* The Republicans would NEVER do that.Â* They always tell the
truth.

What they also always do is project.

Hey Bob F you challenged me to stop posting political content so we could get
this group back. Evidentially you weren't committed to this...

You seem to have the same problem

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:47:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Exactly. The Republicans would NEVER do that. They always tell the
truth.

What they also always do is project.

Hey Bob F you challenged me to stop posting political content so we could
get
this group back.

That was sarcasm, stupid.

Only in your senile head, senile asshole!

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:24:42 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

You challenged me. I am only replying to your challenge. So were you lying then
or are you lying now?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 08:08:04 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

IDK about 4 years of looking, but definitely a number of years waiting. Now
they're waiting on the SC to rule on whether Trump's tax returns and
business records can be released. If those records do ultimately get
released to prosecutors, that's when the looking will really start.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2021 11:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

So if he killed someone when president if he was not tried until after
he should just be let go?

Irrelevant question.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2021 12:09 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

No, it is exactly what you are saying should happen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/20/2021 11:39 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

No, I said what I meant to say related to what actually happened.

--
Maggie

where in the usa can i buy a house or apartment for 10to20,000 usa dollars [email protected] Home Ownership 13 October 28th 05 07:42 AM
Makita USA? Jim S UK diy 6 June 26th 04 08:46 PM
Holiday UK appliances in USA [email protected] UK diy 18 April 5th 04 06:21 AM
Taps from USA dharmin UK diy 3 March 29th 04 11:46 AM
Any tools still made in the USA? Brian Elfert Woodworking 239 January 8th 04 08:04 PM