Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default USA, USA

On Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 4:51:34 PM UTC-5, Heywood wrote:
On 2/13/2021 4:36 PM, micky wrote:
I was watching this video, of Eugene Goodman, the Capitol policeman, and
what struck me is all those traitors chanting USA, USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP6T9kGtooM

another video that includes this scene, but I found too depressing to
watch more than a little bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWJO02nNsY

The impeachment vote has been held and 7 of the 50 senators voted to
convict. The other 43 were accessories after the fact to treason.

None of them will ever be elected president, that's for sure, not Hawley
nor Cruz nor Rubio. Is there any other Rep. senator who had dreams of
being president? It will be interesting to follow the careers of the
others, and the Rep. representatives who voted against the impeachment,
all but 10 of 200 and something.

If the vote was secret ballot I have to think he may have been
convicted. The 43 don't have the balls to say what they really think
and just go with the Trump line out of fear. Shame on them.

Good point. They also had the opportunity for most Republicans to band together,
take a stand, put Trump behind them and get it over. If thirty five GOP voted
to convict, it would be much harder for Republicans to dismiss all of them as
no good. Instead they doubled down on their bargain with the devil and fools
like Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy actually believe they need Trump,
that they need his help, to move forward. This after Trump's help already cost
them the WH, Senate and House and even turned red state Georgia blue
and ended in an insurrection that disgraced the Capitol and the country.
If Trump was trying to destroy the GOP, what more could he have done?