Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mask brackets

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 17:53:00 -0400, micky
wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

Might cause an air leak?
https://healthnewshub.org/the-potent...ring-covid-19/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/20 4:53 PM, micky wrote:
Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

There was a trial in Nebraska this last week or so. The
witnesses had just a drop down shield. No face masks like we've all
gotten used to. I don't remember if tv showed the other people in the
courtroom.
Someone is selling one that sits on the collarbone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, micky wrote:
Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

By holding the mask farther from your face, it will increase the amount
of heat and CO2 you rebreath.

People may see the mask sitting way off your nose and assume that you
are a risk to be near.

They say you can use double sided tape or thread to get a better seal of
the mask to the device, which suggests that it may not be good without
that.

They only show it with surgical masks, with no indication that it would
work with an N95 or KN95 mask.

I had a medical procedure recently where the doc was wearing a double
cartridge respirator with a surgical mask rubber banded over the exhaust
valve.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 19:53:57 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 10/16/20 4:53 PM, micky wrote:
Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

There was a trial in Nebraska this last week or so. The
witnesses had just a drop down shield. No face masks like we've all
gotten used to. I don't remember if tv showed the other people in the
courtroom.
Someone is selling one that sits on the collarbone.

Mine goes on like a pair of glasses and nobody says **** when I wear
it. It is a face covering and the projectile droplets that keep trader
up at night are stopped 100%. My shoes may be taking a beating tho.

I decided it was OK when Costco people were doing it
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:48:14 -0700, Bob F wrote:

People may see the mask sitting way off your nose and assume that you
are a risk to be near.

Probably more important than the mask.

I sort of like the fact that

"Get the **** away from me"

is a public service announcement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 9:48 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, micky wrote:
Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some.Â* I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all.Â* Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft.Â* OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

By holding the mask farther from your face, it will increase the amount
of heat and CO2 you rebreath.

People may see the mask sitting way off your nose and assume that you
are a risk to be near.

Looks like a modified cup from a jock strap. Not sure I want to sniff it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

Might cause an air leak?
https://healthnewshub.org/the-potent...ring-covid-19/

NOT for N95 masks - obviously. The "non-surgical" masks all leak
anyway - they are not meant to be airtight.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

Might cause an air leak?
https://healthnewshub.org/the-potent...ring-covid-19/

NOT for N95 masks - obviously. The "non-surgical" masks all leak
anyway - they are not meant to be airtight.

Surgical masks are what they show this device being used with. And they
are not "airtight" N95 masks are much closer to airtight. And KN95
somewhere in between.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Some or all brackets are made from a softer plastic than I thought, but
I can't remember the word right now. Glucose, cellulose, something
like that. Silicone maybe.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Some or all brackets are made from a softer plastic than I thought, but
I can't remember the word right now. Glucose, cellulose, something
like that. Silicone maybe.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

I have one in my hand as we speak. They are very soft and flexible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Some or all brackets are made from a softer plastic than I thought, but
I can't remember the word right now. Glucose, cellulose, something
like that. Silicone maybe.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

I have one in my hand as we speak. They are very soft and flexible.

And do they make it easier to breath safely?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Some or all brackets are made from a softer plastic than I thought, but
I can't remember the word right now. Glucose, cellulose, something
like that. Silicone maybe.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

I have one in my hand as we speak. They are very soft and flexible.

And do they make it easier to breath safely?

Dunno, I didn't try it. Logic says if this makes the mask leakier than
it already is, you will breathe easier tho.
It still looks like you are doing something and that seems to be all
that is necessary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Some or all brackets are made from a softer plastic than I thought, but
I can't remember the word right now. Glucose, cellulose, something
like that. Silicone maybe.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

I have one in my hand as we speak. They are very soft and flexible.

And do they make it easier to breath safely?

Dunno, I didn't try it. Logic says if this makes the mask leakier than
it already is,

If the edges of the mask end up where they would be without the mask
then there will be no more leakage. It woudl be like erecting a pole in
the middle of a tent rather than letting then tent fall down. Or like
removing all the poles from a teepee and letting it collapse.

you will breathe easier tho.
It still looks like you are doing something and that seems to be all
that is necessary.

Even if a cloth mask leaks, the air coming out goes up or down or
sideways, but not forward wrt his mouth. Since most people are looking
at the ones they are talking to, and it's rare for them to be facing 90^
away, that alone makes it very helpful to prevent spreading the virus.

Everyone except die-hard conservatives says that masks work. Only in
the USA is belief in masks a political statement, and that is largely
the fault of Stumpie. Or course there are other reasons but he has done
more harm than any other single person. He seems to think he doesn't
look good wearing one, but why he discouraged others I don't know. If
the other men look bad, it would make him without a mask look better by
comparison.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2020 9:16 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/18/2020 3:17 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles wrote on 10/17/2020 :
On 10/17/2020 8:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/17/2020 8:37 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/17/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
Dunno, I didn't try it. Logic says if this makes the mask leakier than
it already is, you will breathe easier tho.
It still looks like you are doing something and that seems to be all
that is necessary.

Logic dictates that we humans need to breathe fresh air and
re-breathing
what we exhale into a mask is NOT good for our health.

Correct, that is why we use masks that can pass air instead of pladtic
bags.* We use about 5% of the oxygen available in each breath.** They
pass the air yet stop other particles so we are protected.* Medical
professionals used masks for decades for that reason, they work, they
keep us safe.

Those masks are treated with chemicals.

Name the chemicals. I don't think the coatings on them are more than
surfaces to attract water or ions to kill viruses

They aren't meant to be worn
constantly.* I'm going to breath fresh air with every breath, the way my
lungs are meant to breath.* It doesn't matter to me what anyone else
does because I'm going to do what is right for MY LUNGS and MY health
for me.* I've never worn a mask and won't, either.

Egotistical cretin.

Wrong ... it's simply common sense.

Wrong ... it's simply common nonsense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
[...]

I already posted this information.

From: Muggles
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 17:37:22 -0500
There are multiple components to masks... While this is a wikipedia
site, it is supported with a number of references. This just discusses
nonwoven masks. There are many masks made from different materials and
all those masks go through chemical processes. You put that mask on
your face and you're inhaling ANY and ALL residual chemicals associated
with the creation of those masks.

Surgical masks are made of a nonwoven fabric created using a melt
blowing process.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_mask

Surgical mask dermatitis caused by *formaldehyde*
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cod.13626

Nonwoven fabric is a fabric-like material made from staple fibre (short)
and long fibres (continuous long), bonded together by *chemical,
mechanical, heat or solvent treatment*.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonwoven_fabric

-chemical bonding
-adhesives
-gas-phase acid
-polyamide(Cerex)
-binding agents
-polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polypropylene
-cellulose
-resin
-insulation
-polymer fibers
-hydroentanglement
-fiberglass
-polyethylene fibrils in a Freon-like fluid

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:37:40 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On 10/17/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
Dunno, I didn't try it. Logic says if this makes the mask leakier than
it already is, you will breathe easier tho.
It still looks like you are doing something and that seems to be all
that is necessary.

Logic dictates that we humans need to breathe fresh air and
re-breathing
what we exhale into a mask is NOT good for our health.

Correct, that is why we use masks that can pass air instead of pladtic
bags.* We use about 5% of the oxygen available in each breath.** They
pass the air yet stop other particles so we are protected.* Medical
professionals used masks for decades for that reason, they work, they
keep us safe.

Those masks are treated with chemicals.* They aren't meant to be worn
constantly.* I'm going to breath fresh air with every breath, the way my
lungs are meant to breath.* It doesn't matter to me what anyone else
does because I'm going to do what is right for MY LUNGS and MY health
for me.* I've never worn a mask and won't, either.

Egotistical cretin.

Wrong ... it's simply common sense.

Jenn shows that common sense isn't so common.

I saw cloth masks at the supermarket for $2 a piece. At that price,
they're not treaed with anything. You're lucky toget cloth. But the
poster above is planning to be a superspreader.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
Dunno, I didn't try it. Logic says if this makes the mask leakier than
it already is, you will breathe easier tho.
It still looks like you are doing something and that seems to be all
that is necessary.

Logic dictates that we humans need to breathe fresh air and
re-breathing
what we exhale into a mask is NOT good for our health.

Correct, that is why we use masks that can pass air instead of pladtic
bags.Â* We use about 5% of the oxygen available in each breath.Â*Â* They
pass the air yet stop other particles so we are protected.Â* Medical
professionals used masks for decades for that reason, they work, they
keep us safe.

Those masks are treated with chemicals.Â* They aren't meant to be worn
constantly.Â* I'm going to breath fresh air with every breath, the way my
lungs are meant to breath.Â* It doesn't matter to me what anyone else
does because I'm going to do what is right for MY LUNGS and MY health
for me.Â* I've never worn a mask and won't, either.

Egotistical cretin.

Wrong ... it's simply common sense.

Jenn shows that common sense isn't so common.

I saw cloth masks at the supermarket for $2 a piece. At that price,
they're not treaed with anything. You're lucky toget cloth. But the
poster above is planning to be a superspreader.

If you're not wearing a MAGA hat, maybe I'll cough your direction.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2020 12:11 AM, micky wrote:
I saw cloth masks at the supermarket for $2 a piece. At that price,
they're not treaed with anything. You're lucky toget cloth. But the
poster above is planning to be a superspreader.

Cloth masks have fiber filaments that you can inhale into your lungs,
and often fabric is also treated with chemicals you shouldn't inhale.

Frankly, if you want to inhale fiber and chemicals, PLUS inhale the gunk
and viruses you exhaled previously, GO right ahead!

I'll be breathing fresh air with every breath while you poison yourself.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2020 7:52 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/20/2020 12:11 AM, micky wrote:
I saw cloth masks at the supermarket for $2 a piece. At that price,
they're not treaed with anything. You're lucky toget cloth. But the
poster above is planning to be a superspreader.

Cloth masks have fiber filaments that you can inhale into your lungs,
and often fabric is also treated with chemicals you shouldn't inhale.

Frankly, if you want to inhale fiber and chemicals, PLUS inhale the gunk
and viruses you exhaled previously, GO right ahead!

I'll be breathing fresh air with every breath while you poison yourself.

You have never noticed all the crud in the air even in your own house?
You breath that in all the time. You could reduce inhaling all that just
by wearing a mask. As it is, what you don't filter out in your lungs is
the dust you vacuum in your house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2020 11:15 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/20/2020 7:52 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/20/2020 12:11 AM, micky wrote:
I saw cloth masks at the supermarket for $2 a piece.Â* At that price,
they're not treaed with anything.Â* You're lucky toget cloth.Â* But the
poster above is planning to be a superspreader.

Cloth masks have fiber filaments that you can inhale into your lungs,
and often fabric is also treated with chemicals you shouldn't inhale.

Frankly, if you want to inhale fiber and chemicals, PLUS inhale the gunk
and viruses you exhaled previously, GO right ahead!

I'll be breathing fresh air with every breath while you poison yourself.

You have never noticed all the crud in the air even in your own house?
You breath that in all the time. You could reduce inhaling all that just
by wearing a mask. As it is, what you don't filter out in your lungs is
the dust you vacuum in your house.

My body deals with whatever is in the air just fine. I have a good
immune system.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/17/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
[...]

You are also lucky to get any filtering. Hammacher Schlemer has some
$20 masks with the replaceable filter and they only say they stop
pollen and dust (95% of 2.5 micron stuff).
Those things in the grocery store are about as good as a bandanna.
They do cover your face tho and that is all the rules say.

How strong are shelf brackets (London Brackets) Neil[_18_] UK diy 3 August 20th 16 03:14 PM
slot board brackets ? TomG Woodworking 1 April 21st 04 07:02 PM
roller blind brackets stuart noble UK diy 4 March 26th 04 10:55 AM
Speaker brackets to plasterboard? Fraser UK diy 7 December 7th 03 12:10 AM
Aerial brackets Rich UK diy 6 October 8th 03 10:20 PM