Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_30_] Muggles[_30_] is offline

Default mask brackets

On 10/18/2020 12:25 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 10/18/2020 9:16 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/18/2020 3:17 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles wrote on 10/17/2020 :
On 10/17/2020 8:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/17/2020 8:37 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/17/2020 2:23 PM, wrote:
Dunno, I didn't try it. Logic says if this makes the mask leakier
than
it already is, you will breathe easier tho.
It still looks like you are doing something and that seems to be all
that is necessary.

Logic dictates that we humans need to breathe fresh air and
re-breathing
what we exhale into a mask is NOT good for our health.

Correct, that is why we use masks that can pass air instead of pladtic
bags.* We use about 5% of the oxygen available in each breath.** They
pass the air yet stop other particles so we are protected.* Medical
professionals used masks for decades for that reason, they work, they
keep us safe.

Those masks are treated with chemicals.*

Name the chemicals. I don't think the coatings on them are more than
surfaces to attract water or ions to kill viruses

I already posted this information.

From: Muggles
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 17:37:22 -0500
There are multiple components to masks... While this is a wikipedia
site, it is supported with a number of references. This just discusses
nonwoven masks. There are many masks made from different materials and
all those masks go through chemical processes. You put that mask on
your face and you're inhaling ANY and ALL residual chemicals associated
with the creation of those masks.

Surgical masks are made of a nonwoven fabric created using a melt
blowing process.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_mask

Surgical mask dermatitis caused by *formaldehyde*
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cod.13626

Nonwoven fabric is a fabric-like material made from staple fibre (short)
and long fibres (continuous long), bonded together by *chemical,
mechanical, heat or solvent treatment*.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonwoven_fabric

-chemical bonding
-adhesives
-gas-phase acid
-polyamide(Cerex)
-binding agents
-polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polypropylene
-cellulose
-resin
-insulation
-polymer fibers
-hydroentanglement
-fiberglass
-polyethylene fibrils in a Freon-like fluid

--
Maggie