Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default mask brackets

On 10/16/2020 2:53 PM, micky wrote:
Mask brackets

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...acket-for-mask

"these will make breathing so much easier"

Well, for some. I've never worn the mask for more than 2 hours, but it
doesn't bother me at all. Of course mine is stiffer than cloth, but
it's also less soft. OTOH, even my someone stiff mask is softer than
these brackets.

Anyhow, it's a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Protecti.../dp/B088CT535G

By holding the mask farther from your face, it will increase the amount
of heat and CO2 you rebreath.

People may see the mask sitting way off your nose and assume that you
are a risk to be near.

They say you can use double sided tape or thread to get a better seal of
the mask to the device, which suggests that it may not be good without
that.

They only show it with surgical masks, with no indication that it would
work with an N95 or KN95 mask.

I had a medical procedure recently where the doc was wearing a double
cartridge respirator with a surgical mask rubber banded over the exhaust
valve.