Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Going broke in Tulsa

I invested in a business that I figured would make me a lot of money
fast. There is a gathering of 19,000 people there so I figured we could
sell maybe 15,000 face masks. How can you lose with a crowd like that?

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020". I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Damn, thought I'd be rich!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Jun 2020 17:19:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

I invested in a business that I figured would make me a lot of money
fast. There is a gathering of 19,000 people there so I figured we could
sell maybe 15,000 face masks. How can you lose with a crowd like that?

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020". I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Damn, thought I'd be rich!

I'm glad I didn't invest when you asked me to.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the American public"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nobod...merican_people

And a judge ruled that Bolton gets to publish his book. The story
implied that the one in print and distributed is NOT a censored copy.

The judge said Bolton gambled with US security and Trump called the
decision a victory, even though trump lost.

That reminds me of the dozens of girls I slept with in high school, even
though I didn't actually sleep with any of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2020 4:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020".Â* I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Local ABC affiliate showed a dude and asked if was going to wear one
inside -- said didn't know but if did it would be -- and modeled the
above one...

So, at least one sold...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:22:57 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 6/20/2020 4:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020".* I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Local ABC affiliate showed a dude and asked if was going to wear one
inside -- said didn't know but if did it would be -- and modeled the
above one...

So, at least one sold...

The big breaking news headline continuously scrolling across the bottom of
the TV screen says "Media blamed for lower than expected rally turnout."
The arena is apparently less than full, and what looked like the overflow
area is completely empty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2020 9:45 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:22:57 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 6/20/2020 4:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020".Â* I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Local ABC affiliate showed a dude and asked if was going to wear one
inside -- said didn't know but if did it would be -- and modeled the
above one...

So, at least one sold...

The big breaking news headline continuously scrolling across the bottom of
the TV screen says "Media blamed for lower than expected rally turnout."
The arena is apparently less than full, and what looked like the overflow
area is completely empty.

That can't be right. A million people wanted tickets. Maybe the ticket
company did not get them mailed in time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 22:11:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

I'll check the news tomorrow with full confidence that someone will get to
the bottom of it. Maybe there was a mix-up and most folks went to the wrong
arena.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Joyce wrote:
[...]

The BLM was blocking entrance.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:15:18 -0000 (UTC), gregz wrote:

Jim Joyce wrote:
[...]

Not in the video that I saw. Maybe there's a better angle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski laid this down on his screen :
[...]

Maybe they just wanted tickets to sell at auction decades from now
mounted in a nice frame. This is bound to be historical.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Joyce has brought this to us :
[...]

Half of them probably went to Tesla instead.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/20 6:54 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

If it's historical the antifacrats will tear it down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 5:19:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I invested in a business that I figured would make me a lot of money
fast. There is a gathering of 19,000 people there so I figured we could
sell maybe 15,000 face masks. How can you lose with a crowd like that?

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020". I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Damn, thought I'd be rich!

Sorry, Ed. I've used up all my supply of Schadenfreude. You'll have
to wait until I can make more.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob_4 brought next idea :
[...]

Red on a flag is communist symbology. I will always have affection for
Old Glory's beautiful redacted White and Blue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 1:33:06 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
[...]

Part of the story is that teenagers used social media to organize and apply
for tickets with no intention of coming, just to screw Trump. So, if there
ever was a 1 mil number, that's part of it. And his ace digital campaign
couldn't figure out that people getting tickets from Florida or South Korea
were not likely to be real? No, they likely knew, just no one dared to
tell the emperor with no clothes the truth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Oh, and did you see that six Trump campaign workers at Tulsa tested positive?
That was a good start.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:21:23 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Yes, and during the rally Trump doubled down on his claim that the US has
done more testing than the rest of the world combined, and says he told his
people to slow down on the testing to reduce the number of cases. "When you
test, you get cases.", he said. Maybe he's on to something. This pandemic
could be over tomorrow if we just stopped all testing. *smack*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:20:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

That's hilarious, but I'm just a bit skeptical. Teenagers stepped away from
Twitter and FB long enough to do that? Most of the teens that I know
wouldn't have bothered, but I like the story and hope it's accurate.

And his ace digital campaign
couldn't figure out that people getting tickets from Florida or South Korea
were not likely to be real? No, they likely knew, just no one dared to
tell the emperor with no clothes the truth.

True, but I still think Trump arrived at the million figure because it
sounded good. It never needed to have any basis in reality, but it sure set
unreal expectations. He shoots himself in the foot on a regular basis.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:55:11 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

[...]

Trump might want to revisit the time when he paid people to show up, like
when he initially came down the escalator. Money might help folks show up.

I enjoyed the video this morning of the Trump crew tearing down the
overflow stage when they realized that there wasn't going to be an overflow
crowd. Oops.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What I read, in advance, didn't mention teen-agers, just people having
fun. Or, the author of the article thought, there were reserved seats
and they'd take up all the seats. According to the author, they were
outsmarted by the Reps giving the seats first come first served, but I
don't think there were any reserved seats in the first place. The point
of online registration was to get them to release the Reps from
liability when they get sick.

BTW, you could get up to 2 tickets and I don't see how any checkbox that
one guy checks off can sign away the rights of the other guy who uses
the other ticket.

And his ace digital campaign
couldn't figure out that people getting tickets from Florida or South Korea
were not likely to be real? No, they likely knew, just no one dared to
tell the emperor with no clothes the truth.

True, but I still think Trump arrived at the million figure because it
sounded good. It never needed to have any basis in reality, but it sure set
unreal expectations. He shoots himself in the foot on a regular basis.

Of course, and of course.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/20 8:45 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:22:57 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 6/20/2020 4:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020".* I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Local ABC affiliate showed a dude and asked if was going to wear one
inside -- said didn't know but if did it would be -- and modeled the
above one...

So, at least one sold...

The big breaking news headline continuously scrolling across the bottom of
the TV screen says "Media blamed for lower than expected rally turnout."
The arena is apparently less than full, and what looked like the overflow
area is completely empty.

Sheesh. I guess he got a standing ovation for drinking a glass of water
with one hand.

What an embarrassment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 12:08:00 -0500, philo wrote:

[...]

He did, and they went especially wild when he tossed the half full glass of
glass onto the floor. His fake annoyance with the media was hilarious.

What an embarrassment.

True that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 11:26:40 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Wise choice. I've been in Tulsa and wouldn't go back there for the

Oh, no! Yet another lengthy senile Yankie BULL**** STORY, by the endlessly
gossiping senile Yankietard! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:54:13 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

[...]

Maybe this had something to do with it

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/polit...rnd/index.html

OTOH the tickets are already on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Make-America-Great-Again-Tickets-Rally-Tulsa-OK-DONALD-TRUMP-JUNE-20th-RARE/293620827573?hash=item445d2a45b5:g:1E8AAOSwyVZe7i5 y
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 12:33:21 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

Trump is a made for TV guy.
He just wants people to watch and he got you looking.
I never saw a second of it.
I think his biggest audience is democrats, looking for something to
bitch about, much like Rush, Hannity and Carlson.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I made an offer on one of them. Doubt it will be accepted though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Certainly fools like ****wit_4 and Bod.

Nothing better to do with their time.

much like Rush, Hannity and Carlson.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Awesome. That lady is a hero.

OTOH the tickets are already on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Make-America-Great-Again-Tickets-Rally-Tulsa-OK-DONALD-TRUMP-JUNE-20th-RARE/293620827573?hash=item445d2a45b5:g:1E8AAOSwyVZe7i5 y

I wonder if the $29.99 price will hold up, now that the event is in the
rear view mirror.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 05:38:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'd like to test the theory that he's also made for prison.

He just wants people to watch and he got you looking.

Nice try, but I don't have a TV with a camera that lets him know what I'm
doing.

I never saw a second of it.

Good for you. Sleep is important.

I think his biggest audience is democrats, looking for something to
bitch about, much like Rush, Hannity and Carlson.

I doubt it. I'd bet that doesn't apply to any of those four.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Let's just face it - Trump got PLAYED!!!
Reports of teenagers across the country with hundreds of tickets - -
- - each.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Too bad he's got such a good aim. Maybe he need s one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/p/2159443315

They sell pretty cheap and are generally very lightly used !!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nor did I.

I think his biggest audience is democrats, looking for something to

Not me. When they play a clip of him on the news, I change the station.
When his picture is on a webstie, I scroll past it as fast I can. He
makes me want to vomit

bitch about, much like Rush, Hannity and Carlson.

There is plenty wrong with him that's for sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Looks dangerous. Does it work?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's what he told his wives, too.

"It wouldn't be cheating if you'd stop paying attention."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hmmm, ideas, ideas...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At 993000 "in the wild" they are HARDLY rare!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They call them "Newfy Target Pistols" up here
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well I offered a dollar. It said I should offer $22.50 or more and
there were 3 other offers.

Oh no, I just checked and my offer was declined. I'm so hurt. I had a
frame picked out for it too.

A couple have been sold and you can get them now for $19.99.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's probably not a discount because he charges $2 for shipping.
Even though it's email.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure he has never gotten a number right in his statements or tweets.
This is Mr. "biggest-inauguration-ever" after all.