Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remember the Tulsa shooting?

FromTheRafters
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:40:33 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

After serious thinking Diesel wrote :
http://preview.tinyurl.com/htukxrw

TULSA, Okla. (AP) €” Prosecutors in Tulsa, Oklahoma, have filed
first- degree manslaughter charges against the white police
officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man on a city street.

District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler filed the charges Thursday
against officer Betty Shelby, who shot and killed 40-year-old
Terence Crutcher on Sept. 16. Dashcam and aerial footage of the
shooting and its aftermath showed Crutcher walking away from
Shelby with his arms in the air.

The footage does not offer a clear view of when Shelby fired the
single shot that killed Crutcher. Her attorney has said Crutcher
was not following police commands and that Shelby opened fire
when the man began to reach into his SUV window.

Tulsa police say Crutcher did not have a gun on him or in his
vehicle.

I'm glad to see they realized, Betty shot him without just cause.
Oh wait.. I stated I thought he was shot without justified
reason, Didn't I....Yep Yep.

I hope she gets convicted and serves her time in general
population.

Funny we still don't know the facts yet. I read or heard that the
second officer had attempted to communicate the fact that he had
his non-lethal weapon at the ready. Maybe Shelby didn't hear that
because the "victim" still wasn't responding to her commands as he
should have.

The prosecutors office can't bring charges against you if evidence
doesn't exist to support them. They didn't clear her of the shooting,
they brought charges against her instead. I don't yet know if the
grand jury was involved or is waiting to become involved.

I hope she gets exonerated by justification, but if the facts
point to conviction then that it the way it should be.

Enough facts seem to exist to support the conclusion it was a bad
shoot. She wasn't cleared of it. Instead, the prosecutors office
filed charges.

It may play out later that a jury doesn't convict or, she takes a
plea agreement; but either way, it's not a clear cut case of a
justified shooting at this point. If it had been, the prosecutors
office wouldn't have filed any charges against her. Prosecutors hate
losing you know. They won't file charges on a case they think is
going to blow up in their own faces.

--
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 2:58:25 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
FromTheRafters
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:40:33 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

[...]

Really? What just happened in Baltimore? That idiot Mosley brought
a bunch of crap charges in the Freddie Gray case, with no evidence,
and lost every one of them.

In the new age we're in with the Black Lies Matter crap, it looks
like more and more prosecutors are going to try for a conviction
just to appease people and maybe prevent a riot. They figure that
even if they know the case is unwinnable, that will happen a couple
years later, and by then people will have forgotten about it.
Extreme example of that was in Baltimore, where Mosley even charged
the officers who made the initial arrest, who had absolutely nothing
to do with what happened after the perp was put in the van and died.
The judge,who was black, smacked her down right proper in court a number
of times. She couldn't win with a jury and she couldn't win with the
judge who heard the rest of the cases. here was talk of her being
disbarred, IDK what became of that.

I'm not saying that's what the prosecutor did here, because we don't
have the most important facts about what happened in those last few
seconds. It's a high bar for the prosecution to get a conviction in
these cop shooting cases and the track record shows it. This one isn't
going to be easy either when the jury hears the perp was high on PCP
and the cop says she feared for her life. It's hard to prove what was
in someone's mind at the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Diesel submitted this idea :
FromTheRafters
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:40:33 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

After serious thinking Diesel wrote :
http://preview.tinyurl.com/htukxrw

TULSA, Okla. (AP) รข‚ฌ€ Prosecutors in Tulsa, Oklahoma, have filed
[...]

I disagree, sometimes they cowtow to the riotous masses who threaten to
trash their own neighborhoods. They "charge" just to appease them. and
then throw prosecutors under the bus when they find out there was not
really enough evidence to support the charge.

Shooting, quick kill, point shooting RogerN Metalworking 21 April 27th 17 09:37 PM
What Tulsa police say happened Bod[_3_] Home Repair 74 September 27th 16 04:20 PM
Remember when... jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 December 26th 14 05:18 AM
remember it savy Woodturning 0 October 25th 09 03:32 PM
Tulsa Metro Builder Supply Frank Home Repair 1 September 8th 06 08:18 PM