Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Remember the Tulsa shooting?

FromTheRafters
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:40:33 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

After serious thinking Diesel wrote :
http://preview.tinyurl.com/htukxrw

TULSA, Okla. (AP) €” Prosecutors in Tulsa, Oklahoma, have filed
first- degree manslaughter charges against the white police
officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man on a city street.

District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler filed the charges Thursday
against officer Betty Shelby, who shot and killed 40-year-old
Terence Crutcher on Sept. 16. Dashcam and aerial footage of the
shooting and its aftermath showed Crutcher walking away from
Shelby with his arms in the air.

The footage does not offer a clear view of when Shelby fired the
single shot that killed Crutcher. Her attorney has said Crutcher
was not following police commands and that Shelby opened fire
when the man began to reach into his SUV window.

Tulsa police say Crutcher did not have a gun on him or in his
vehicle.

I'm glad to see they realized, Betty shot him without just cause.
Oh wait.. I stated I thought he was shot without justified
reason, Didn't I....Yep Yep.

I hope she gets convicted and serves her time in general
population.

Funny we still don't know the facts yet. I read or heard that the
second officer had attempted to communicate the fact that he had
his non-lethal weapon at the ready. Maybe Shelby didn't hear that
because the "victim" still wasn't responding to her commands as he
should have.

The prosecutors office can't bring charges against you if evidence
doesn't exist to support them. They didn't clear her of the shooting,
they brought charges against her instead. I don't yet know if the
grand jury was involved or is waiting to become involved.

I hope she gets exonerated by justification, but if the facts
point to conviction then that it the way it should be.

Enough facts seem to exist to support the conclusion it was a bad
shoot. She wasn't cleared of it. Instead, the prosecutors office
filed charges.

It may play out later that a jury doesn't convict or, she takes a
plea agreement; but either way, it's not a clear cut case of a
justified shooting at this point. If it had been, the prosecutors
office wouldn't have filed any charges against her. Prosecutors hate
losing you know. They won't file charges on a case they think is
going to blow up in their own faces.

--
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.
Benjamin Franklin