Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Going broke in Tulsa

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 06:20:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 1:33:06 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 22:11:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/20/2020 9:45 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:22:57 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 6/20/2020 4:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering.
Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks
printed "Trump 2020".* I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Local ABC affiliate showed a dude and asked if was going to wear one
inside -- said didn't know but if did it would be -- and modeled the
above one...

So, at least one sold...

The big breaking news headline continuously scrolling across the bottom of
the TV screen says "Media blamed for lower than expected rally turnout."
The arena is apparently less than full, and what looked like the overflow
area is completely empty.

That can't be right. A million people wanted tickets. Maybe the ticket
company did not get them mailed in time.

I'll check the news tomorrow with full confidence that someone will get to
the bottom of it. Maybe there was a mix-up and most folks went to the wrong
arena.

Part of the story is that teenagers used social media to organize and apply
for tickets with no intention of coming, just to screw Trump. So, if there
ever was a 1 mil number, that's part of it.

That's hilarious, but I'm just a bit skeptical. Teenagers stepped away from
Twitter and FB long enough to do that? Most of the teens that I know
wouldn't have bothered, but I like the story and hope it's accurate.

And his ace digital campaign
couldn't figure out that people getting tickets from Florida or South Korea
were not likely to be real? No, they likely knew, just no one dared to
tell the emperor with no clothes the truth.

True, but I still think Trump arrived at the million figure because it
sounded good. It never needed to have any basis in reality, but it sure set
unreal expectations. He shoots himself in the foot on a regular basis.