Old August 29th 19, 08:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Cattle guards

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 28 Aug 2019 19:59:52 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 8/28/19 7:08 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 28 Aug 2019 07:52:35 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 28 Aug 2019 05:51:14 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Ranchers and farmers know about these but for the benefit of city guys:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7394651/cows-JUMP-white-line-middle-road-cross-new-field.html
My parent's neighbors had a couple of the the actual steel
version. Horses walked
right over them if I remember correctly.

This is very helpful. I thought cattle guards were cattle in uniform
with a handgun or rifle standing next to a little guard house. (I guess
if they're cattle, the guard house would have to be bigger than normal.)

I would've thought there would be at least a few pictures like this

http://www.vintagetexan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cattleguard3.jpg

Actually, I already knew about cattle guards. There are a lot of them
in the USA, even in the east, and I've seen them and figured out what
they were, or someone told me first but I would have figured it out.

There aren't many in eastern Nebraska. I can't think of any
still around actually.
Guys are just raising crops and no critters in most cases. Ranches
are in north central
Nebraska, in the Sandhills.
Feedlots here but no ranches.

Now I have to pay more attention to this too. They do have some cattle
around here but I don't know if any could make it to the road for other
reasons. Maybe it was years ago. Or maybe it was Texas. It's not so
darn hot anymore and I'll go for a drive in the country.

Step on a crack, break your mother's back.

We never actually said that when I was little, or ever. But I did hear
it when I was 30yo or more.

I guess that was part of some kid's game from long ago. One
reason they
were lean and mean back then.

Right.

Old August 29th 19, 09:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:57:02 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I'd be interested in that. I don't think Temple Grandin knows about
string.

I bet she does

I just betted you would auto-contradict again. And I won the bet! What a
clinically insane idiot you are! tsk

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Gutter guards: worth installing? [email protected] UK diy 2 July 20th 05 02:41 PM
hand saw blade guards, need a source AAvK Woodworking 25 April 12th 05 09:58 AM
Cattle Grid Rick UK diy 19 April 4th 05 07:46 PM
Gutter guards ! [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 20th 04 09:35 PM
gutter guards Bloated Elvis Home Repair 0 October 15th 03 03:42 AM