Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT. Cattle guards

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:57:02 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 29 Aug 2019 04:50:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Dean Hoffman wrote

Ranchers and farmers know about these but for the benefit of city guys:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7394651/cows-JUMP-white-line-middle-road-cross-new-field.html
My parent's neighbors had a couple of the the actual steel version.
Horses walked right over them if I remember correctly.

Fascinating to watch these bullock teams being broken up
and loaded into trucks. They quite literally have very long
runs of just string which is used to keep them from straying
from the path between the cattle yards and the loading
ramp at the back of the trucks. I'll video it next month.
http://barellanclydesdales.com.au/

I'd be interested in that. I don't think Temple Grandin knows about
string.

I bet she does, but it doesn't get used in cattle yards.
only when you need a temporary run between the yards
and the loading ramp with the truck a long way from the yards.

What I shoudl have said is that she doesn't write about string or talk
about it when I've read her or seen video of her.