Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations digital bathroom scale

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 1:04:22 PM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 3/3/19 12:18 PM, Andy wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks

Consumer Reports has these digital scales:
Taylor 7505 rated at 95. $25
Tanita HW-302 rated at 93. $60
Escali B180RC rated at 91. $30
Tania HD-357 rated at 90. $65

From April 2016.

Thanks Dean.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 4:35:19 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 12:03:45 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
TimR wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Andy wrote

Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks

I like the Renpho ES-CS20M. Very reproducible weight and it
changes when you add something small in your hand like the
cellphone. Loads the reading into your smartphone and tracks that.

I'm of the opinion that a high level of precision is unimportant on
scale.

Yes, but its useless if it doesnt give the same weight when
you weigh yourself repeatedly and fakes that by deliberately
showing the same weight unless there is a big change in weight.

I use a physician's balance beam scale. It does nothing
fancy, and weighs only to the quarter pound.

So isnt much use if you are trying to work out what meals
produce a net weight gain and which ones produce a net weight
loss and whether exercise does help with your weight loss.

But, the battery never dies,

I change the battery so rarely that I much prefer a quicker scale.

and how much precision do you need? Your weight varies
all day long with fluid intake and output, meals, exercise, etc.

Thats why you weigh yourself at the same time of time,
ideally just after you get up and after the first **** of the
day, wearing the same thing every time, what you sleep in.

Weighing to the ounce or gram is just silly.

Not if you are working out what meals produce a net
gain and whether exercise does help with weight loss.

You're just incredibly stupid, even for a troll.

This from the terminal ****wit that couldnt even
manage to work out what the gross income of a
sole trader small business operation is.

I know exactly how income is reported from a small business.

But are too stupid to work out what fretwell
was proposing the 2% surtax on.

Let's recap, shall we? Fretwell proposed a new tax of 2% on all incomes.

Nope, on GROSS income.

He can explain how it would actually work, but from what he said,
it sounded like an additional 2% tax on adjusted income across all levels,

Nope, he said very explicitly indeed on GROSS income.
Thats BEFORE any deductions, stupid.

including those who are currently paying no tax. You then made
the stupid claim that it would unfairly hit small businesses and be
applied somehow to their total business revenue, not the profit.

Thats what GROSS INCOME is with a small business, ****wit.

That is not how it works today,

He wasnt talking about today, he was talking about his
new approach to reducing the federal debt, ****wit.

nor has it worked that way in the past.

He wasnt talking about the past, he was talking about
his new approach to reducing the federal debt, ****wit.

If a small business that is not a regular corporation has $300K in
revenue,

Thats its GROSS INCOME, stupid.

$250K in expenses, only the PROFIT,

He wasnt talking about a 2% surtax on PROFIT, he said
very explicitly indeed that it was to be on GROSS, not PROFIT.

ie $50K shows up as unadjusted income, on their tax return. That
is what flows into their INCOME stream, not the ridiculous $300K.
And that's where Fretwell's new 2% tax would apply, presumable
after the usual deductions and arriving at the TAXABLE income.

Thats not the GROSS, ****wit.

He was not proposing a business revenue tax, fool.

Corse he was with his surtax on the GROSS income.

Tim is right.

Nope.

You're not going to determine which meals produce
a net gain, whether exercise helps, by looking at
gram or ounce changes in your weight. You can't.

Wrong, as always.

Provide us with any links to substantiate that you can analyze
a person's weight down to the gram and determine what the
effect of their last meal or two was on body weight loss or gain.

Dont need any links for something as basic as that.

While ever you have the weight from a decent set of
scales that are at least reproducible, but not necessarily
accurate, and do that daily over a year or so, it stands
out like dogs balls which meals produce a higher weight
gain than others when the meals you eat vary significantly.

Thats how I managed to loose more than 10% of my
weight in a few years by deliberately alternating a
normal meal with a significantly lower calorie meal
for the only main meal I eat, over a few years.

And that 10% reduction over a few years isnt something
that is even visible without some scales which show its
working initially and so worth persisting with that approach.

And it was also clear what difference exercise makes
because I can't be arsed to bother in the winter but did
make clear that it was worth doing in the better weather.

none of the rest of your even sillier **** worth
bothering with, all flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:39:23 AM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 8:23:33 AM UTC-5, Mike wrote:
On 3/4/2019 12:45 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

You're wrong, because morbidly obese BMI precedes
the fact that its killing you showing up in a sugar test
and if you have enough of a clue to fix it, you wont
in fact end up with a bad sugar test.

If you're morbidly obese, you don't need any scale or test
to tell you that.

I rather enjoy watching the depths to which you descend
to be confrontational.

++++++1

Except that it is boring and annoying after awhile.

Corse you never are with your whining about some stupid wall.

We recently got rid of one AH here, but found another.

And have had you for MUCH longer.

How would you know, being the recently arrived troll?

We've got this funky thing called groups google that lets anyone
with even half a clue see what has happened forever, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andy" wrote in message
On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 7:24:21 PM UTC-6, Mike wrote:
On 3/3/2019 10:18 AM, Andy wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks

Do you want any of the bloated features beyond displaying your
weight on a screen?
If you want more, that should be your guide.
One thing I discovered too late is that your scale
should have a display big enough that you can read it without
your glasses...remembering that you'll have the same scale
20 years from now and your eyesight probably won't be getting
better.

My $2 garage sale scale displays all manner of crap like BMI.
Why do I care? For most of us, the scale does one thing.
It tells us to put the padlock back on the cookie jar if
the number is too big. Having a BMI graph on your
iPhone is worthless if you can still access the cookie jar.

There's a marketing opportunity. A scale that has the cookie
jar attached that won't open if you're too heavy.

I just need an accurate weight. Do not need any bells or whistles.

Much more convenient to have the weight automatically
loaded into your phone etc than to have to do that manually.

And it doesnt need to be accurate either, just reproducible
so you can see trends over time and what effect various
meals and physical activity etc has too.

I find it convenient to have it calculate BMI for your supplied
height too because thats the number that matters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 12:56:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH the usual stinking troll****

none of the rest of your even sillier **** worth
bothering with, all flushed where it belongs

Lost yet another argument, senile psychopath? BG

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:00:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

And have had you for MUCH longer.

How would you know, being the recently arrived troll?

We've got this funky thing called groups google that lets anyone
with even half a clue see what has happened forever, ****wit.

Nope, but we got you, the retarded trolling senile psychopath who keeps
revealing with every single post what kind of a psychopath he is!

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 13:11:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I just need an accurate weight. Do not need any bells or whistles.

Much more convenient to have the weight automatically
loaded into your phone etc than to have to do that manually.

You keep forgetting that not everyone is a sick psychopathic asshole like
you, you 85-year-old senile psycho!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/3/19 7:24 PM, Mike wrote:
On 3/3/2019 10:18 AM, Andy wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks

Do you want any of the bloated features beyond displaying your
weight on a screen?
If you want more, that should be your guide.
One thing I discovered too late is that your scale
should have a display big enough that you can read it without
your glasses...remembering that you'll have the same scale
20 years from now and your eyesight probably won't be getting
better.

You might fine one with a detachable display you can put at eye level.

(or weigh your glasses separately)

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/19 1:43 AM, Mike wrote:

[snip]

I suggest that a blood test for sugar and cholesterol might be
better indicators overall. But you can't normally get those from
a bathroom scale.

There's a long term (3-4 months) test called H1c that corresponds to
blood sugar, and home (no lab involved) test kits are available.

One fact I found interesting is that bread (and similar foods) have a
lot more effect on blood sugar than candy bars do. That's not a good
excuse to eat too many candy bars.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/19 9:11 AM, TimR wrote:

[snip]

I use a physician's balance beam scale. It does nothing fancy, and weighs only to the quarter pound. But, the battery never dies, and how much precision do you need? Your weight varies all day long with fluid intake and output, meals, exercise, etc. Weighing to the ounce or gram is just silly. You're insisting on decimal points for a weight that varies slowly all day and night long. Which one is your real weight?

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the device's
accuracy.

The common advice to weigh once a week is silly too. That doesn't avoid the individual variation. You'd be mathematically correct to weigh every day and calculate a 5 or 7 day running average. By the central limit theorem cell means are normally distributed so you could do statistics.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/19 10:33 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

If you're morbidly obese, you don't need any scale or test
to tell you that.

Just as true with the obese. Look at the belly, stupid.

That may not work, since it changed gradually, and you adapted. Also,
some people have irrational beliefs about their bodies (like a 90-pound
person who thinks he's too fat).

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/19 10:37 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

So put on that XXXL jogging suit and start pounding miles.

And **** your knees in the process. Makes a lot more
senseÂ* to stop shovelling as much food into your mouth.

Exercise is still good for you. I've heard of people with knee problems
exercising in a swimming pool.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 1:06:58 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 3/4/19 1:43 AM, Mike wrote:

[snip]

I suggest that a blood test for sugar and cholesterol might be
better indicators overall. But you can't normally get those from
a bathroom scale.

There's a long term (3-4 months) test called H1c that corresponds to
blood sugar, and home (no lab involved) test kits are available.

One fact I found interesting is that bread (and similar foods) have a
lot more effect on blood sugar than candy bars do. That's not a good
excuse to eat too many candy bars.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion

I assume you're a diabetic? Have you tried the new soybean based pastas?
I'm not diabetic, but am a low carber. This kind of stuff has been around
for 20 years, but back then it was horrible and I gave up on it. Recently
I read a LC cookbook that talked about it, so I tried one again. I was
pleasantly surprised. It's still not real pasta, that's for sure. But
where the old stuff was really inedible, this new stuff is close enough
to pasta that with some sauce on it, it's enjoyable. Only about 7g of carb
in a serving. It's in the organic, natural food section of my supermarket,
Costco has one that half the price of the supermarket ones. Seapoint Farms
is one brand, I had their organic edamame fettuccine. I think that's
better than the spaghetti style, which is what Costco has, but they are
both worth a try. If you have it with some good sauce and a meatball,
it's really pretty good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

We'll see.

We've seen.

So far Fretwell hasn't weighed in to tell us exactly what he was
proposing.

Thats a lie, he said that very unambiguously right from the start
in the sentence you just quoted in your recent reply to him.

He said he wanted a new income tax,

Nope, he actually said SURTAX.

2%, on "gross".

On gross INCOME.

The only logical, sane, meaning of that would be a 2% tax on gross INCOME,

He actually said that quite explicitly.

which in the case of a small business is the PROFIT, not the sales.

Wrong, as always. Profit is NET income, stupid. The gross
income for a small business which is not operating as a
corporation is the total received from its customers for
whatever goods or services it provides.

That is exactly what we have now,

No it is not. Income tax is paid on the income AFTER the deductions.

the individuals GROSS INCOME, includes salaries and/or
business INCOME, it has never included business revenue.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

Gross INCOME shows up on Form 1040, not business sales.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

Let's recap, shall we? Fretwell proposed a new tax of 2% on all
incomes.

Nope, on GROSS income.

And GROSS INCOME to the individual is not
the business revenue, the business sales,

It is with a small business that is not a corporation.

it never has been.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

I've filled out the forms moron.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

Business sales show up on Sched C and have never been considered
INCOME. First you fill out Schedule C, where business sales go in,
expenses get subtracted, profit is determined. That PROFIT
then flows to Form 1040 where it shows up as GROSS INCOME.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

Fretwell only said "GROSS", the only sane interpretation of that
is GROSS INCOME to the individual, which is business PROFIT,

Nope, thats NET income, stupid.

as currently defined and calculated above. He
was proposing a surtax, not to undo accounting.

No undo accounting involved in having a surtax on GROSS income.

But heh, I'm still waiting to hear from Fretwell.

He's too polite to dump you face down in the mud, again.

Maybe he really is nuts.

Not nuts, just has a different approach in mind for his surtax on GROSS.

He can explain how it would actually work, but from what he said,
it sounded like an additional 2% tax on adjusted income across all
levels,

Nope, he said very explicitly indeed on GROSS income.
Thats BEFORE any deductions, stupid.

Again, you're flat out wrong there too.

Nope.

This is what he said:

"Personally I would go for an across the board 2%
surtax on EVERYONE's taxes (based on your gross), "

There is only one gross, the gross income.

It can't be a gross of lard arses, stupid.

The logical, sane interpretation of that is indeed
that he meant "gross income", which is where all
INCOME shows up at the beginning of the
federal income tax Form 1040.

Nope, He is proposing a surtax on the total income,
the turnover in the case of a small business which isnt
trading as a corporation, which should be obvious from
his most recent comment to me that his surtax would see
all small business which isnt already a corporation become
one and how easy and cheap it would be to do that.

There wouldnt be any point in the small business
doing that if he was proposing that his NEW surtax
only applied to the small business profit. And the
profit isnt GROSS INCOME, its NET income.

Thats how I managed to loose more
than 10% of my weight in a few years

Most of it obviously in brain cells.

Doesnt explain why I have since put it back on.

by deliberately alternating a normal meal with
a significantly lower calorie meal for the only
main meal I eat, over a few years.

Sure and you could track your weight by the gram following
the meal and measure the loss from the one different meal.

Nope, from the average loss over that time
with the low calorie meal days and the normal
meal days which dont see any weight increase.

I am now trying a different approach, one or two
days a week with no main meal at all and no beer
or other alcohol at all that day. Just the very minimal
'breakfast' which is just a great big slab of my own
whole grain bread that I make in the bread machine
with some marg and marmalade on it. I never have lunch.

I can see that ON AVERAGE that sees a weight loss
with no exercise of about 1KG and a bit more when
I exercise that day. My exercise normally involves
a few km walk over about 90 minutes.

reams of your **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 05:31:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

reams of your **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs

Losing yet another one of your idiotic "discussions", you psychopathic
senile pest? LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

No, you're the liar. Fretwell just said a new 2% tax on "gross" in the
context of personal INCOME TAX. HE didn't specify gross what.
Income tax, not small business revenue tax.
Small business INCOME shows up on your personal income tax form at the
very beginning along with salary, interest, etc as GROSS INCOME. How hard
is that to grasp? Obviously you didn't understand that, so you went stupid
and now you're dug quite the stupid hole.

He said he wanted a new income tax,

Nope, he actually said SURTAX.

While talking about INCOMES fool.

2%, on "gross".

On gross INCOME.

The only logical, sane, meaning of that would be a 2% tax on gross INCOME,

He actually said that quite explicitly.

That's a lie what he said was he proposed a new "tax on taxes", to be
2% of "gross". That isn't explicit at all. But anyone knowledgeable
about US income taxes would take it to mean a new tax on gross INCOME.
When you don't and instead make the bizarre leap that he intended to tax
small businesses on their total REVENUE, instead of profit, then you
wind up digging yourself into a stupid hole. How are you liking that
stupid hole?

which in the case of a small business is the PROFIT, not the sales.

Wrong, as always. Profit is NET income, stupid. The gross
income for a small business which is not operating as a
corporation is the total received from its customers for
whatever goods or services it provides.

What you can't grasp fool is that gross revenue into a small business
has never been taxed as INCOME. And I don't think Fretwell intended
that. But he can weigh in and decide if he wants to join you in
stupidville. If by a 2% tax on gross he meant on gross income, as
defined currently in the tax code and carried out on form 1040, then
there is no crazy problem where a small business is taxed on their revenue.
IF the business has sales of $300K, a profit of $50K, then per todays
definition and law, that is $50k in gross personal income.
Fretwell? Gone missing?

That is exactly what we have now,

No it is not. Income tax is paid on the income AFTER the deductions.

BS. For someone operating a small business, your personal deductions
don't enter in until after GROSS INCOME is established. Gross income
comes at the very beginning of the 1040, it includes salary, interest,
alimony, and PROFIT (not revenue), from a small business.

the individuals GROSS INCOME, includes salaries and/or
business INCOME, it has never included business revenue.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

Gross INCOME shows up on Form 1040, not business sales.

Irrelevant to the SURTAX THAT FRETWELL PROPOSED.

Let's recap, shall we? Fretwell proposed a new tax of 2% on all
incomes.

Nope, on GROSS income.

And GROSS INCOME to the individual is not
the business revenue, the business sales,

It is with a small business that is not a corporation.

That's a lie, as proven by forms 1040 and Schedule C fool. I've
filled them out. You don't even know how it's done, which is how
you fell into your stupid hole. The individuals gross income is
at the top of the form, salary, interest, alimony, small business
INCOME, etc.

it never has been.

This is what he said:

"Personally I would go for an across the board 2%
surtax on EVERYONE's taxes (based on your gross), "

There is only one gross, the gross income.

And one more time. Go look at form 1040. Gross income on the personal
tax form is defined and listed. You add up salaries, interest, alimony,
and PROFIT (not revenue) from a small business.

It can't be a gross of lard arses, stupid.

The logical, sane interpretation of that is indeed
that he meant "gross income", which is where all
INCOME shows up at the beginning of the
federal income tax Form 1040.

Nope, He is proposing a surtax on the total income,
the turnover in the case of a small business which isnt
trading as a corporation, which should be obvious from
his most recent comment to me that his surtax would see
all small business which isnt already a corporation become
one and how easy and cheap it would be to do that.

I'm still giving Fretwell the benefit of the doubt. I don't think
he's stupid, like you. He;s always been pro business and capitalism,
I doubt he meant gross to mean gross revenue of a small business,
but that he meant it to be gross personal INCOME. That is how it's
defined now. If someone wants to change the definitions, then they
need to be clear about that. Fretwell?

There wouldnt be any point in the small business
doing that if he was proposing that his NEW surtax
only applied to the small business profit. And the
profit isnt GROSS INCOME, its NET income.

The profit of a small business is part of the GROSS INCOME of the
individual that owns it! That is EXACTLY how it's defined in the code
and forms today, fool. I think it was obvious that Fretwell was
talking about a 2% tax on individual gross income, not on business
revenue. Otherwise you wind up where you are, in stupidville.
A small business has $3 mil in revenue, but only earns $50K in profit.
You'd tax the small business owner 2% of $3 mil? $60K? That's more
than the profit, they couldn't pay it. That's stupidville, where
you live. Where I exist, the business owner has $50K in gross income
on his personal return and he pays a 2% tax on that, $1000 just like
the guy who earns $50k at a job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On 3/3/19 7:24 PM, Mike wrote:
On 3/3/2019 10:18 AM, Andy wrote:
Looking for recommendations for a digital bathroom scale. Thanks

Do you want any of the bloated features beyond displaying your
weight on a screen?
If you want more, that should be your guide.
One thing I discovered too late is that your scale
should have a display big enough that you can read it without
your glasses...remembering that you'll have the same scale
20 years from now and your eyesight probably won't be getting
better.

You might fine one with a detachable display you can put at eye level.

Plenty that load the weight into your phone
that you can have at any level you like or look
at after you have got off the scales.

(or weigh your glasses separately)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 1:22:01 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 3/4/19 10:33 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

If you're morbidly obese, you don't need any scale or test
to tell you that.

Just as true with the obese. Look at the belly, stupid.

That may not work, since it changed gradually, and you adapted. Also,
some people have irrational beliefs about their bodies (like a 90-pound
person who thinks he's too fat).

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion

The bigger problem is people know it and just don't care. A guy I
grew up with is morbidly obese, 100+ pounds overweight. He was
diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago. You'd think that would shock
him, but instead he was nonchalant, telling me that it's not a big
deal, they have medicines to control your blood sugar, yadda, yadda.
He has a bag of about 8 different prescriptions he's on now,
he refuses to cook, and eats God knows what. I offered to help him,
teach him how to do low carb, that I could show him how to cook LC,
go shopping, eat with him for a week, etc. No interest.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote
TimR wrote

I use a physician's balance beam scale. It does nothing fancy, and
weighs only to the quarter pound. But, the battery never dies, and how
much precision do you need? Your weight varies all day long with fluid
intake and output, meals, exercise, etc. Weighing to the ounce or gram
is just silly. You're insisting on decimal points for a weight that
varies slowly all day and night long. Which one is your real weight?

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the device's
accuracy.

Thats not right when you are using the change in weight.

It doesnt matter what you weigh, what matters is how
the weight changes between weighing with body weight.

The common advice to weigh once a week is silly too. That doesn't avoid
the individual variation. You'd be mathematically correct to weigh every
day and calculate a 5 or 7 day running average. By the central limit
theorem cell means are normally distributed so you could do statistics.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So put on that XXXL jogging suit and start pounding miles.

And **** your knees in the process. Makes a lot more
sense to stop shovelling as much food into your mouth.

Exercise is still good for you.

But not necessarily JOGGING when you are XXXL

I've heard of people with knee problems exercising in a swimming pool.

Sure, but that isnt jogging and few put on a jogging suit to exercise in a
swimming pool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

No, you're the liar.

We'll see...

Fretwell just said a new 2% tax on "gross"

Yes.

in the context of personal INCOME TAX.

Nope.

HE didn't specify gross what.

It was obvious it was gross income, not
a gross of lard arses or terminal ****wits.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

He said he wanted a new income tax,

Nope, he actually said SURTAX.

While talking about INCOMES

Wrong.

2%, on "gross".

On gross INCOME.

The only logical, sane, meaning of that would be a 2% tax on gross
INCOME,

He actually said that quite explicitly.

That's a lie what he said was he proposed a new "tax on taxes", to be
2% of "gross". That isn't explicit at all.

Corse it is.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 1:22:01 PM UTC-5, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 3/4/19 10:33 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

If you're morbidly obese, you don't need any scale or test
to tell you that.

Just as true with the obese. Look at the belly, stupid.

That may not work, since it changed gradually, and you adapted. Also,
some people have irrational beliefs about their bodies (like a 90-pound
person who thinks he's too fat).

The bigger problem is people know it and just don't care.

Some do care but can't fix the problem anyway.

A guy I grew up with is morbidly obese, 100+ pounds overweight.

Mate of mine who I have known for 50 years is much more morbidly
obese than that. They couldnt even weigh the ****er down the
hospital, they had to use the scales in the packing shed.

He was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago.

Mine was diagnosed decades ago.

You'd think that would shock him,

It doesnt for most, because its so common now.

but instead he was nonchalant, telling me that it's not a big deal,
they have medicines to control your blood sugar, yadda, yadda.

Mine was so obese that he had to go on a crash liquid
diet so he could fly to the US for a holiday and even
with that barely made it onto the plane weight wise.

He has a bag of about 8 different prescriptions he's on
now, he refuses to cook, and eats God knows what.

Mine was always into cooking and that was always
the main problem. The bugger got me into doing
my own bread in a bread machine by bringing one
fresh out of his bread machine round to my place.

But the bugger was notorious for wolfing the whole
damned loaf straight out of his bread machine drenched
in butter while hot and lots of other high calorie stuff.

And still had 3 full other meals every day, mostly home cooked.

Them and most of the rest of my mates used to head off
north in their RVs every winter and spend the winter in a
mobile home park playing some card game, swatting off
the midges and drinking themselves blotto every day.

On the trip there he was notorious for insisting on a rest
stop at one of the towns along the way where he would
storm the cake shop and buy all the cream puffs they
had and when no one else was interested, wolf the lot.

He got so bad that whenever he ended up in hospital,
which was most months, they had to get the special
ambulance from the state capital 400 miles away
to get him from his house to the local hospital.

One time he managed to fall down behind his bed and it
took a crew of 10 of the SES to get him on his feet again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emergency_Service

His diabetes ended up as usual with them having to
cut off his toes as their died and went gangrenous,
then his foot, then the leg below the knee.

I was often the one that took him in his own car
to the the next major town to have his wooden
leg replaced. Another mate of mine did the trip
for the last wooden leg adjustment. When they
got back to his house, he couldnt get out of the
car and then his heart just gave up and he died.

He was by far the most obese person I have ever
known personally although I have seen more
obese in TV docos, mostly just before they died.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 06:38:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

You don't like it when your idiocy gets exposed time and again, senile
idiot? LOL

--
Java Jive to senile Rot:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 06:28:41 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the device's
accuracy.

That¢s not right when

In auto-contradicting mode again, you ridiculous abnormal senile
auto-contradictor? LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 07:03:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 92 lines of the usual boring senile bull**** unread again

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 06:06:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

You might fine one with a detachable display you can put at eye level.

Plenty that load the weight into your phone
that you can have at any level you like or look
at after you have got off the scales.

That's the right proper thing for a mindless idiotic consumer like you,
senile Rot!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 06:32:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Exercise is still good for you.

But not necessarily JOGGING when you are XXXL

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal pathological
auto-contradictor?

I've heard of people with knee problems exercising in a swimming pool.

Sure, but that isnt jogging and few put on a jogging suit to exercise in a
swimming pool.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal pathological
auto-contradictor?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 2:28:54 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Mark Lloyd wrote
TimR wrote

I use a physician's balance beam scale. It does nothing fancy, and
weighs only to the quarter pound. But, the battery never dies, and how
much precision do you need? Your weight varies all day long with fluid
intake and output, meals, exercise, etc. Weighing to the ounce or gram
is just silly. You're insisting on decimal points for a weight that
varies slowly all day and night long. Which one is your real weight?

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the device's
accuracy.

Thats not right when you are using the change in weight.

It doesnt matter what you weigh, what matters is how
the weight changes between weighing with body weight.

Yeah, down to the gram according to you, so you can track how much
weight you've gained or lost after each meal. You really are the
mayor of Stupidville.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It absolutely was in that context.

Nope, the context had moved on to how
to pay down the immense federal debt.

Again, we were talking about Trump's tax cut,
the personal income tax refund and the deficit.

Fretwell's 2% surtax was JUST to pay down
the federal DEBT, it was not about the deficit.

And that is the context that Fretwell proposed a new 2% tax,

Nope, the context for that was paying
down the immense federal DEBT.

which would be on "gross" He didn't specify on gross what

There is only one relevant gross and thats income/
turnover in the case of a small business or corporation.

and now he appears to be hiding. Again,

More lies. He has since made it clear that its the gross
with corporations too, so that the tax fraudsters like
Amazon, Murdoch, Starbucks, Apple etc would be paying
that 2% on their GROSS, which is also called their turnover.

the only logical, reasonable interpretation is that
it would be on personal income tax gross because
we were talking about personal income tax.

Thats where you ****ed up, as always. We had moved
on to the immense federal debit, not personal income tax.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

HE didn't specify gross what.

It was obvious it was gross income, not
a gross of lard arses or terminal ****wits.

It was gross income in the context of personal taxes.

Wrong, as always.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

Fretwell has two choices:

He already said what he would like to see and has now
made it clear that it is also the corporation GROSS.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs

So, Fretwell, where are you?

He has already replied to your stupid demand.

A or B? Simple question.

But a stupid one given what he actually proposed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Mark Lloyd wrote
TimR wrote

I use a physician's balance beam scale. It does nothing fancy, and
weighs only to the quarter pound. But, the battery never dies, and how
much precision do you need? Your weight varies all day long with fluid
intake and output, meals, exercise, etc. Weighing to the ounce or gram
is just silly. You're insisting on decimal points for a weight that
varies slowly all day and night long. Which one is your real weight?

Also, there's no point in having precision
that goes beyond the device's accuracy.

Thats not right when you are using the change in weight.

It doesnt matter what you weigh, what matters is how
the weight changes between weighing with body weight.

Yeah, down to the gram according to you,

I never said that and the scales I recommended doesnt even do that.

so you can track how muchweight you've gained or lost after each meal.

Nope, how much the previous day's meals and exercise has affect
your weight given that I said repeatedly that the only way to do it
is with the same config every day, like just after getting up after the
first **** of the day wearing the same clothes or nothing every day.

reams of your lies any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where they
belong

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2019 22:28, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Agreed, weight can vary wildly over the course of even just one day.

Lots of things like food intake/fluids/sweating/visits to the
loo/exercise/sleep etc.
Even state of your metabolism (not feeling well etc) can affect the result.
Most peoples weight can vary naturally by a pound or so a week.
So going by the gram etc is pointless.

--
Bod

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 12:59:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH yet more of the senile troll's stinking troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 13:03:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I never said that and the scales I recommended doesn¢t even do that.

Nobody should really care what you say or said. You are a typical sick
psychopath and idiot who obviously got NOBODY in real life to talk to, for
VERY obvious reasons!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
[...]

Thats why its averaged over multiple days which have the same meal etc,
****wit.

Lots of things like food intake/fluids/sweating/visits to the
loo/exercise/sleep etc.

All of that fixed by doing the weight at the same time of day, just
after getting up after the first ****, with the same clothes, ****wit.

Even state of your metabolism (not feeling well etc) can affect the
result.

Yes, thats why exercise helps, ****wit.

Most peoples weight can vary naturally by a pound or so a week.

But not in a day at the same time every day just after getting
up after the first **** of the day with the same clothes, ****wit.

So going by the gram etc is pointless.

I never said anything about going by the gram, ****wit.

I chose to do without any main meal at all yesterday
and saw a full 1.2 KG drop in weight, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/03/2019 09:38, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 05/03/2019 22:28, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 2:28:54 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Mark Lloyd wrote
TimR wrote

I use a physician's balance beam scale.Â* It does nothing fancy, and
weighs only to the quarter pound.Â* But, the battery never dies,
and how
much precision do you need?Â* Your weight varies all day long with
fluid
intake and output, meals, exercise, etc.Â* Weighing to the ounce or
gram
is just silly.Â* You're insisting on decimal points for a weight that
varies slowly all day and night long.Â* Which one is your real weight?

Also, there's no point in having precision that goes beyond the
device's
accuracy.

Thats not right when you are using the change in weight.

It doesnt matter what you weigh, what matters is how
the weight changes between weighing with body weight.

Yeah, down to the gram according to you, so you can track how much
weight you've gained or lost after each meal.Â*Â* You really are the
[...]

1.2 KG !!? boy you must be well overweight to lose that much in one day.

I often miss out on my main meal and my weight is virtually the same the
next day after doing so.

--
Bod

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 20:38:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I chose to do without any main meal at all yesterday
and saw a full 1.2 KG drop in weight, ****wit.

Good grief! Is there NO topic you will NOT quarrel endlessly about, you
psychopathic senile quarreller?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/19 8:59 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
More lies. He has since made it clear that its the gross
with corporations too, so that the tax fraudsters like
Amazon, Murdoch, Starbucks, Apple etc would be paying
that 2% on their GROSS, which is also called their turnover.

Yah, the problem with a 2% tax on corporations is that they will just raise prices 2%...and guess who pays that.

The solution here is to stop giving welfare to lazy democrats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
[...]

I am in fact just a little outside the ideal BMI range.

I often miss out on my main meal

I'm not talking about the main meal,
I am talking about the ONLY meal.

All I ate that day was my 'breakfast' which is
just a single slab of my multigrain toast that
I make in the bread machine, with a normal
amount of margarine and marmalade on it
and a single glass of water in the evening.
Nothing else to drink and no alcohol at all.

and my weight is virtually the same the next day after doing so.

Because of what else you eat and drink that day, stupid.