Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scale of scale

Working in an office block today; "our water heater doesn't work, could you
have a look".

One of those instant 'make a cup of tea' things that delivers boiling water.
Heatrae Sadia Supreme 140 - holds 2.5 litres of water.

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/he...static-casing/

Checked that power & water were going in, noticed a customer helpline number
inside the cover.

Very helpful. Explained the situation to the guy on the phone. "Its scaled
up" he said. Told me to take the top off the tank & remove the scale.

Never seen anything like it before, sheets of the stuff coming off.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/Scale002.jpg shows
the amount of scale removed, not including the 60-70mm covering the element
in the bottom. Apart from the manual removal, I used 3 sachets of descaler
to get it clear.

Didn't realise until now they are around £570! Worth the repair cost.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Another skill you've learnt of financial benefit to you. Thanks for sharing.
Water not so hard round here!

Scale inhibitors Keefiedee UK diy 11 August 3rd 08 12:23 AM
Scale Metalworking 14 March 31st 06 01:12 AM
Scale Blaster Wayne Boatwright Home Repair 5 June 23rd 05 04:54 AM
Mounting DRO Scale John Kunkel Metalworking 3 May 9th 05 06:30 PM
The Definitive Chord & Scale Bible - Literally EVERY chord and scale! Kind of Blue 45114 Metalworking 0 February 8th 05 08:12 PM