Wayne Boatwright

Default Scale Blaster

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in our new
house. We're looking at alternatives where no water connection is required.

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0525-1, 06/21/2005
Tested on: 6/21/2005 8:58:51 PM

Dave Balderstone

In article , Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in our new
house. We're looking at alternatives where no water connection is required.

"ScaleBlaster'sTM signal cable produces an oscillating electric field
using a unique and complex modulating frequency wave form that produces
an inaudible sonic impulse that changes the electrical and physical
properties of the scale-forming calcium molecules. This causes the
adhesive properties of the calcium carbonate crystals and other
minerals to repel rather than adhere to pipes, fixtures and remain
suspended in the water. This action stops any further build-up of scale
and because the solubility of the water is increased, existing scale is
taken back into the water and gradually removed."

A sonic impulse that changes the physical properties of calcium
molecules?

Sound like complete bull**** to me.

Wayne Boatwright

wrote:

[...]

Maybe so. I've read everything on their website. That's why I was asking
if anyone had actual experience with a unit like this. Unsubstantiated
opinions and conjecture prove nothing.

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0525-1, 06/21/2005
Tested on: 6/21/2005 9:49:49 PM

Joseph Meehan

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in
our new house. We're looking at alternatives where no water
connection is required.

TIA

Their theory is pure BS.

I really liked the part about the complex integrated circuit and two LED
to prove the system is working. You can check your bank account to prove it
worked (they got your money).

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old Fangled

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
:

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

Yep -- I had one of these plus one of the "catalytic precious metal" units
installed in my house when I bought it. I had to replace all of the
toilets because they were scaled up so badly -- not a very good testimonial
for those things.

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in
our new house. We're looking at alternatives where no water
connection is required.

You are out of luck. All of these alternatives are nothing but quackery
designed to separate you from your money.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 22 Jun 2005 08:15:09a, Old Fangled wrote in alt.home.repair:

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
:

Anyone have experience with this unit or others like it?

http://www.scaleblaster.com/index.html

Yep -- I had one of these plus one of the "catalytic precious metal"
units installed in my house when I bought it. I had to replace all of
the toilets because they were scaled up so badly -- not a very good
testimonial for those things.

There's no practical way to install a conventional water softener in
our new house. We're looking at alternatives where no water
connection is required.

You are out of luck. All of these alternatives are nothing but quackery
designed to separate you from your money.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/

Yep, guess I'm doomed to hard water.

I really only wanted it for our dishwasher and clothes washer. I
personally don't like to bathe in soft water and we prefer to drink bottled
water.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0525-2, 06/22/2005
Tested on: 6/22/2005 8:51:24 PM

Scale inhibitor problem Aniseed UK diy 8 September 2nd 13 10:23 AM
Removing mill scale from HR steel TT Metalworking 12 March 3rd 05 12:31 AM
The Definitive Chord & Scale Bible - Literally EVERY chord and scale! Kind of Blue 45114 Metalworking 0 February 8th 05 08:12 PM
Reproducing mill scale Bert Metalworking 6 October 23rd 03 03:58 AM
Needed: read head for older mini Acu-Rite scale david Metalworking 1 September 5th 03 03:35 AM